Bayern München

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think that talk is nonsense. Our players will return to former levels under the new coach, and I look forward to facing Bayern, a lot of doubters will shut their mouths when we beat them. The hype around Gwardjola's project is irritating and we aren't being given enough credit.

Even last year we were going very well before Titos problem. That ruined our season. Under a new coach we will have stability, we have bought Neymar who is an upgrade in our forward department, and we will play to our full level.

We will play to a much higher level if all things go relatively well, but it's premature to say that everything will flip 180 degrees and we'll beat them based off of one transfer and a preseason tour in Asia. I hope for this just as much as you do, but realistically speaking it's very against the odds. There are several scenarios that could hinder Bayern (injuries) and help us (hitting best form before this "hypothetical" tie), but if we aren't relying on those for the sake of this discussion then they clearly have an advantage currently. Things can change though, we'll see how much we bridge the gap.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If we played them again I reckon it would be a 50 50 tie that could go either way. Like when they played Madrid in 2012. I think the stability and having a new coach really will make that difference. I also think Bayern will be weaker than last season (I know this seems crazy to some but I think it's true).

Meitux

Martinez not even on the bench for today's game, it is understandable because he played 90 minutes against Ecuador but he should get some minutes, hardly understandable if he'll have a regular role this season, Pep seems to trust Boateng and Dante and Schweinsteiger won't change place.

But obviously having a clear defensive midfielder is too mainstream for him :pep:

Tomchin

Aufstellung / line up FCB: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Mandzukić, Shaqiri, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Kroos ^M.Hörwick

Einwechselspieler / substitutes: Starke, van Buyten, Thiago, Robben, Rafinha, Götze, Contento #FFMFCB

What does that "M.Hörwick" mean btw, is it the name of the referee?

ccesc

Aufstellung / line up FCB: Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Mandzukić, Shaqiri, Boateng, Lahm, Müller, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Kroos ^M.Hörwick

Einwechselspieler / substitutes: Starke, van Buyten, Thiago, Robben, Rafinha, Götze, Contento #FFMFCB

What does that "M.Hörwick" mean btw, is it the name of the referee?

No idea. It should be Mandzukic. Referee is Peter Gagelmann

Edit: google says Markus Hörwick is Bayerns Media Director

Tomchin

Where does Shaqiri start btw, on the wings as a replacement for Ribery?

And Kroos partnering Schweini in midfield?

Meitux

Where does Shaqiri start btw, on the wings as a replacement for Ribery?

And Kroos partnering Schweini in midfield?
No.. its a 4-1-4-1.. Schweinsteiger plays as box to box in the lone role and Kroos with Muller as attacking midfielders. Shaqiri is on the right wing, but they will interchange positions.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Müller isn't what he is last season, even in the recent friendly against Paraguay. Hmm.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans