Bojan Krkic

Butaan4barca

Yeah, I read as well that we actually agreed to automatically buy Bojan back in 2013 for 13 millions, unless Roma pay us an additional sum of 28 million euros. So, unless Roma gives us a ridiculous sum for Bojan, it's mandatory that we buy him back. Kinda strange, don't you think? So I hope he develops into a better player, otherwise it would be a waste of money.

Source: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ne...-krkic-looks-reignite-career-roma-michael-cox

condition: if we don't pay roma 13m by the end of two year loan. Bojan is staying in roma permanantly and given we signed alexis (22), messi and pedro are very young too ..there is a huge chance we won't make an offer for bojan. Only if he goes against the odds and turns out to fulfill his real potential .

Bojan_rnr

condition: if we don't pay roma 13m by the end of two year loan. Bojan is staying in roma permanantly and given we signed alexis (22), messi and pedro are very young too ..there is a huge chance we won't make an offer for bojan. Only if he goes against the odds and turns out to fulfill his real potential .
I'm pretty sure that the 13 m in two years time is obligatory... IF Roma want to stop it, they will have to pay 28 m + 12 at first = 40 m, which will never happen really. Which means that it's almost certain that he will come back in two years... We can only guess what will happen then, another loan/selling him/fighting for places in the first team... Probably depends only on his performance in Roma.

adil_909

I'm pretty sure that the 13 m in two years time is obligatory... IF Roma want to stop it, they will have to pay 28 m + 12 at first = 40 m, which will never happen really. Which means that it's almost certain that he will come back in two years... We can only guess what will happen then, another loan/selling him/fighting for places in the first team... Probably depends only on his performance in Roma.

hopefully his performances in roma are good and then the cub isn't running to buy the next superstar after villa gets older and instead gives bojan a chance IF HE DESERVES IT. the ball's in his court still, if he doesn't play well for roma then he can't really complain if the club looks elsewhere. but even though he's not with the team anymore, there's still every chance he is going to be the future, like we've always predicted!

Butaan4barca

no my friend. i wish that was true.....its not a loan deal. they have acquired bojan. if we want him back we must pay 13m at the end of two years, but roma has the power to stop us from using the buy back option by paying another 28 million.

But what if we don't wish to buy him back two years from now ??? we don't get anything ...neither bojan, nor extra money. BUT Yes if he performs good in the next two seasons, i assume barca will get him back.

Bojan_rnr

no my friend. i wish that was true.....its not a loan deal. they have acquired bojan. if we want him back we must pay 13m at the end of two years, but roma has the power to stop us from using the buy back option by paying another 28 million.

But what if we don't wish to buy him back two years from now ??? we don't get anything ...neither bojan, nor extra money. BUT Yes if he performs good in the next two seasons, i assume barca will get him back.

You don't get it mate... We MUST buy him back. We MUST give those 13 million to Roma in 2013. It's not an option. It's weird, yes. But it's a legal obligation towards Roma. If Barca don't want to buy him, Roma can sue Barca on court, and probably get a lot more money... So NOT BUYING him back is not an option. Bojan is coming to Barca again in 2013 FOR SURE. (Unless some Billionaire buy Roma, and pay 40 millions for him just for fun... Which is basically sci-fi..)
Don't know why are they transforming this " practically loan" deal into a transfer, but i think it's gotta be something about his wage... With a transfer, Bojan is free to negotiate his own wage demands, while if it was a loan, Roma would have to pay the wage that he received at Barca.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

You don't get it mate... We MUST buy him. We MUST give those 13 million to Roma in 2013. It's not an option. It's weird, yes. But it's a legal obligation towards Roma. If Barca don't want to buy him, Roma can sue Barca on court, and probably get a lot more money... So NOT BUYING him is not an option. Bojan is coming to Barca again in 2013 FOR SURE. (Unless some Billionaire buy Roma, and pay 40 millions for him just for fun... Which is basically sci-fi..)
Don't know why are they transforming this " practically loan" deal into a transfer, but i think it's gotta be something about his wage... With a transfer, Bojan is free to negotiate his own wage demands, while if it was a loan, Roma would have to pay the wage that he received at Barca.

That is one weird deal, sure that's right? I thought Roma had an option to buy after 2 year

Bojan_rnr

Roma already have him, he is Roma player, so they can't buy him twice. :) They can stop the obligatory purchase by Barca in 2013 if they cough 28 m plus those 12.
What is even weirder is that Roma haven't pay anything for Bojan yet, according to their web site they are supposed to pay those initial 12 m in July 1, 2013. :)
Go figure.

LaMessiah

I'm not completely hip to it all but I think it has something to do with the financial fair play coming into affect next year. They are helping out the books with these 'sells' with options for a buyback instead of loaning them and paying their salaries.

F

Flavia

barcastuff
Zubizarreta: "Bojan needed to play more. We thought a club coached by L.Enrique was a good option so he can return as a more mature player."

Has serie A started yet?

Home of Barca Fans