Bojan Krkic

Galning

IF we buy him back? I was under the impression that the buy-back is an obligation.

Yeah it is, that's why Roma didn't pay because we'll have to pay them 1.5M in the end. Doesn't matter if they give us 10 now but we give them 11.5 next year (or whatever the fee was).

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah it is, that's why Roma didn't pay because we'll have to pay them 1.5M in the end. Doesn't matter if they give us 10 now but we give them 11.5 next year (or whatever the fee was).

WTF??!! What kind of a deal is that??!! You mean Bojan will be there for 2 years for nothing and then Barca has to pay 2m to Roma to take him back??! WTF!!

OriginalThinking

WTF??!! What kind of a deal is that??!! You mean Bojan will be there for 2 years for nothing and then Barca has to pay 2m to Roma to take him back??! WTF!!

It makes sense in the short term, because we have short term financial issues. a) We get cash now to help pay off debts, service interest payments etc b) It reduces our wage bill, which is larger than RM's and needs to be reduced gradually to prevent future issues and c) The plan is in 2 years time the club will be in much better shape financially. If he's improved or proved himself in Roma we get a great player back at a snip, if not it's hardly cost us the earth. It's halfway between a loan/transfer and very very ingenious.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
look, the kid needed PT and for his balls to drop. going to a different country, playing in a league that requires intelligence and positioning for strikers to be successful means he gets the opportunity he would not have found in Barcelona. if he tears up Serie A and develops in to the type of striker many of us here hope he can become, then its €2m well freakin spent.

Theconomist

Bojan was great at youth level because he has the body of a 16 year old pre-puberty guy.
Players like Montolivo aren't tall but that guy is much tougher than Bojan.Whats the point of even passing a ball to Bojan if randomlevante defender will blow on him and Bojan will fall.
Bojan disappointed me a lot I used to be one of his best supporters.Unlike many I do not believe he is going to ever take that Villa spot and I'm willing to bet on it.
Watch Rafinha surpass him in 2 years time when Roma do not want him because he scored 5 goals a season.

Home of Barca Fans