Bojan Krkic

Gnidrologist

To slightly reiterate the metaphor i used in another thread in regards to Stoke's last match, Bojan is like a young, spectacularly talented cabin boy among the crew of seasoned sailors, who wont take no nonsense from anybody. These sailors are not entirely daft and can play some basic short passing too, not hoofing the ball right away from their penalty area (or near it), but instead choosing to pass an try to ''build'' something. But the contrast that Bojan is in with all these mature ''worker'' players is simply astonishing. From few Stoke matches i watched, he is basically their Xavi. At that age. Because these guys simply can't resist to cross the ball from center line into general direction of opposite box if there isn't someone, who calms them down and says, ''look, give the ball and i'll think of something''.
Wasn't spectacular against Chelsea, but that was expectable. Still, made some key moves/passes than none of his colleagues could dream of doing.
His main problem is - he's fucking small. Like really puny guy with low muscle strength and body frame. Is this his genes or he simply doesn't attend the gym? I think i could push him around easily. If he could bouble his physique he would be no worse than Hazard.

Alik

To slightly reiterate the metaphor i used in another thread in regards to Stoke's last match, Bojan is like a young, spectacularly talented cabin boy among the crew of seasoned sailors, who wont take no nonsense from anybody. These sailors are not entirely daft and can play some basic short passing too, not hoofing the ball right away from their penalty area (or near it), but instead choosing to pass an try to ''build'' something. But the contrast that Bojan is in with all these mature ''worker'' players is simply astonishing. From few Stoke matches i watched, he is basically their Xavi. At that age. Because these guys simply can't resist to cross the ball from center line into general direction of opposite box if there isn't someone, who calms them down and says, ''look, give the ball and i'll think of something''.
Wasn't spectacular against Chelsea, but that was expectable. Still, made some key moves/passes than none of his colleagues could dream of doing.
His main problem is - he's fucking small. Like really puny guy with low muscle strength and body frame. Is this his genes or he simply doesn't attend the gym? I think i could push him around easily. If he could bouble his physique he would be no worse than Hazard.

Sure. That's all that's stopping him from being as good as Hazard :lol:

Gnidrologist

Well, he's really a weakling, goddamit. He falls or stumbles from the slightest touch of anyone, while, when he's on the run alone he can do magical stuff. Not sure if that's ''ALL that's stopping him from being as good as Hazard'', but it's a definite weakness for otherwise highly technical player like him. He reminds me of Ariel Ortega very much. Absolute technical wizz, but such a wimp that someone's purp would get him off balance.
And i don't rate Hazard that high for a notion in case. He is an above average player. A runner, a battler with quick feet. How many of those have we had over the years? Not even Cesc class yet and how old is he? He will still this way forever and only decline slowly, when his pace will go south.

That sounds like you listen to the idle media of stoke. I would agree 100% 2 years ago. I watch them week in and week out. What you wrote regarding the stoke team and tactics is incorrect. We stopped long play/direct play last season without bojan. Bojan arrival has not sparked this at all. Ok he makes it easier this season for us as the most technical player we have.

In other news sergi roberto was in town on Monday night with muniesa and bojan. Talks around a loan in January.

Well, he's really a weakling, goddamit. He falls or stumbles from the slightest touch of anyone, while, when he's on the run alone he can do magical stuff. Not sure if that's ''ALL that's stopping him from being as good as Hazard'', but it's a definite weakness for otherwise highly technical player like him. He reminds me of Ariel Ortega very much. Absolute technical wizz, but such a wimp that someone's purp would get him off balance.
And i don't rate Hazard that high for a notion in case. He is an above average player. A runner, a battler with quick feet. How many of those have we had over the years? Not even Cesc class yet and how old is he? He will still this way forever and only decline slowly, when his pace will go south.
And this is complete and utter nonsense I am sorry to say.
What you wrote here we all expected of bojan. What we soon saw was a guy who was not afraid to get stuck in, win the ball back. We have been extremely surprised about this side of his game. He chases, he closes and he wins the ball.
Read my first comment in this topic.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The fact that droopy is doing well in the Premiership tells you everything about how starved they are for importing skill players...He had his chances here but he was never going to succeed as a forward at the club

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's finally found his level at Stoke after not being able to at Barca, Roma, Milan and PSV. Good on him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice penalty that he earned after a nifty run from the left flank that was a combination of skill & determination

Home of Barca Fans