Brazil

Truthist

To be honest, I don't think going back to "Jogo Bonito" is actually the right the direction either. There must be a balance between being sound defensively and effective offense. Dunga to me is the least of our problems. There needs to be a complete reconstructure from top to bottom. Youth development, tactics, coaching. Improve the state of the Brazil league to be able to keep talent for a little longer. I hate when some 17 or 18 Brazilian youngster goes to some Eastern European club. Also, keeping a better eye on talent not letting the likes of Thiago, Diego Costa or Deco slip through the cracks even though the last 2 were completely out of the blue.
Good point about the exporting of youngsters. Its insane how its even allowed by CBF, someone somewhere really needs to stop it.

I can see you are in favour of Dunga but come on man, he's just a clone of Scolari. Same stubbornness, favourites like Julio Baptista, Josue. In fact he makes his teams play even dirtier than Scolari managed and thats saying something.

I really cannot see this going well, it might work against South American teams but this defensive, physical approach, well, the Europeans are the past masters of it and have no problems in handling this type of Brazil.

BrazilFan

Good point about the exporting of youngsters. Its insane how its even allowed by CBF, someone somewhere really needs to stop it.

I can see you are in favour of Dunga but come on man, he's just a clone of Scolari. Same stubbornness, favourites like Julio Baptista, Josue. In fact he makes his teams play even dirtier than Scolari managed and thats saying something.

I really cannot see this going well, it might work against South American teams but this defensive, physical approach, well, the Europeans are the past masters of it and have no problems in handling this type of Brazil.

Scolari team was far more dirty. I can only recall the Copa America final in 07 when Brazil had something like 39 fouls under Dunga, there is probably more but I don't remember me complaining about it as much as I did under Scolari cause we did it to Spain, Italy, Mexico and then all throughout the World Cup a lot of unnecessary fouls.

The reason I like Dunga previous tenure was that was probably the most tactical organize Brazil I ever since. Scolari completely relied on Neymar. Dunga system wasn't dependent on one player, everything just flowed. He did make his mistakes, Brazil should of had 2 or more creative options back then. Guys like Kleberson and Julio Baptista wasn't needed. I actually agreed with his decision to not call Ronaldinho.

Dunga is the least of my issue, changing the NT's coach won't do much difference if we don't change the whole youth team system and our development of players and coaches from the very beginning. Sure, I wanted Zico or Tite b/c we need people more up to date with today's game but I'm looking at the pool of players and I just don't see it. There is no real creative central midfielder and no real quality striker. The players who probably can fill that role right now are really young and probably won't even be ready by 2018 and that's hoping their development ain't stalled.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Scolari team was far more dirty. I can only recall the Copa America final in 07 when Brazil had something like 39 fouls under Dunga, there is probably more but I don't remember me complaining about it as much as I did under Scolari cause we did it to Spain, Italy, Mexico and then all throughout the World Cup a lot of unnecessary fouls.

The reason I like Dunga previous tenure was that was probably the most tactical organize Brazil I ever since. Scolari completely relied on Neymar. Dunga system wasn't dependent on one player, everything just flowed. He did make his mistakes, Brazil should of had 2 or more creative options back then. Guys like Kleberson and Julio Baptista wasn't needed. I actually agreed with his decision to not call Ronaldinho.

Dunga is the least of my issue, changing the NT's coach won't do much difference if we don't change the whole youth team system and our development of players and coaches from the very beginning. Sure, I wanted Zico or Tite b/c we need people more up to date with today's game but I'm looking at the pool of players and I just don't see it. There is no real creative central midfielder and no real quality striker. The players who probably can fill that role right now are really young and probably won't even be ready by 2018 and that's hoping their development ain't stalled.

The cf will really be a pain to find. Brazil should try Neymar as false 9. I can't think of anyone who could be a decent cf.

Truthist

I agree with a lot of your points in particular about the whole youth infrastructure but I just cannot fathom the reason behind recalling Dunga. Sure, his team was organised but it was purely a counter attacking team using players of very limited ability. Any team techincally better and he was just like Scolari, resort to aggression. He has no time for young players or their development, no wonder Cryuff criticizes what Brazil have become.

BrazilFan

Considering the limited time International coaches have with players, I can't fault them for the lack of development of youth players. What Dunga should do, is consult with u-17,u-20 team coaches as well as Brazilian club teams to help improve the situation.

C

cbfpaulinho4

I think stability is what the selecao is missing. I never been a big fan of dunga but to be honest, he did do a much better job then scolari with in my opinion much lesser talented players. Scolari might have gotten further but that 7-1 defeat erased anything success he had with the selecao, it was pure humiliation for brazil fans. Never in my 20 years following the selecao have i seen such a broken defense like that. David luiz, fernandinho, marcelo were day dreaming out there, where was there defensive mentality? Germany could not score a goal against algeria, argentina in full time so how is it they were able to score 7 against the supposed favorites of the tournament?? something was seriously screwed up with this team and it goes all the way back to the croatia game. Conceeding 1st to croatia imo said it all of what was to come for this team. Defense was vastly overrated. Neymar is great but he needs help, he cannot carry the team every game. It makes him a target out there because its all brazil has. No help from fred, hulk,oscar at all.

My point is while i dont agree with dungas player selections and formations, his teams play alot harder and with more pride than scolari. Dunga did alot for the selecao, the players repond better to him. I did not want him but i am interested to see what he can do with a talent like neymar although i fear he may change neymars playstyle. We should all just be glad they didnt scolari, he is past it. Alot of respect for him for 02 but every dog has his day.

BrazilFan

The players were under too much pressure and they crack. I think the morale of the team went down when Neymar and Silva were gone but the whole thing feel apart once Germany scored the second.

The game against the dutch I take little from it because there was no way the team was going to recover mentality after that beating they took. I still don't think some of them can recover and it might show this season.

F

Flavia

Dunga starting well :lol:

Criticized neymar and alves for dying their hair during the wc. Criticized that the players cried after beating chile said "we are men, and men don't cry" :facepalm: . But this is my favorite: 'Neymar is a world reference, but we won't play for him, we'll have a system in which he can be the difference maker". He doesn't really like Neymar, so I see problems arising soon.

Djab

Dafaq is he on about? Brazil football federation were on weed apperantly when they appointed him. Or he was on weed when he said this bullshit.

C

cbfpaulinho4

Dunga starting well :lol:

Criticized neymar and alves for dying their hair during the wc. Criticized that the players cried after beating chile said "we are men, and men don't cry" :facepalm: . But this is my favorite: 'Neymar is a world reference, but we won't play for him, we'll have a system in which he can be the difference maker". He doesn't really like Neymar, so I see problems arising soon.

this doesnt sound good, my god....

CuleLife4Life

LOL I watched that interview as well. I really believe there will be some type of player conflict or rebellion towards Dunga at one point or another and he'll get fired. Neymar is the CBF's money-making star and he is already talking ish about him. Plus we can't forget he said Maicon would be a better captain than Thiago Silva. Can you imagine if he were to strip Thiago of the captaincy?! I don't think the crop of players who will stay will accept that.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
New Brazil boss Dunga has criticised Neymar and Dani Alves for dying their hair during the World Cup.

"I would not have permitted them to dye their hair while with the national team at the World Cup," he said in interviews with 'Globo' and 'Veja'.

"Do it before, or do it after, but not when you should be thinking about the World Cup."

Dunga also said that Neymar shouldn't have been wearing the caps he chose to wear at some of the press conferences while the tournament was on.

"Either you wear a Brazil hat, or you don't wear a hat at all," he added.

Not stopping there, the former Brazil international also had words about the T-shirts worn in support of Neymar before the semi-final against Germany.

"The message transmitted was: we have lost a soldier," he continued.

"But if you go to war you cannot be crying about the loss of one solider - you must give strength to the solider who takes his place."

Finally, and still in reference to Neymar, Dunga once again proved he is not going to pamper to the Barcelona forward.

"We will not play according to him," the 50-year old explained.

"He will play according to the national team."

However, he did add that Brazil will create "a structure in order for Neymar to make the difference."

From Sport.

Home of Barca Fans