Brazil

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
When he does, he might become a legend. You don't need to do anything to be a crack. Neymar is. Dunga never was one, and not even winning a wc turned him into a good player, he was average, and that's why he resents talented players.

Let's see how much you'll like dunga tomorrow, after his first call up.

I've never seen Dunga as a player. I know that he was a dm, but that's about it. If he was so average, then how is it that he captained Brazil during the 1994 World Cup? Genuine question.

Jadentheman

When he does, he might become a legend. You don't need to do anything to be a crack. Neymar is. Dunga never was one, and not even winning a wc turned him into a good player, he was average, and that's why he resents talented players.

Let's see how much you'll like dunga tomorrow, after his first call up.

He is already a Santos legend. Could become a Barca legend, and a Brazil legend in time

F

Flavia

I've never seen Dunga as a player. I know that he was a dm, but that's about it. If he was so average, then how is it that he captained Brazil during the 1994 World Cup? Genuine question.

A nt is not only filled with cracks. If you try to check some 94 wc games, you'll see he was very limited technically, but was good in anticipating plays. He made up for what he lacked with a lot of workrate. And also he had Mauro Silva by his side, a really good dm.

yahudi

pretty much every brazil side after 82 had a combative central core, relentless wingbacks, 2-3 flair players and a strong 9

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A nt is not only filled with cracks. If you try to check some 94 wc games, you'll see he was very limited technically. He made up for it with a lot of workrate. And also he had Mauro Silva by his side, a really good dm.

Oh. So you meant that he was average in terms of technical skills? I just read up on it a bit, and it says Rai started out as captain before he was dropped for Mazinho. And I get that a national squad isn't filled with superstars. I just figured that an average player wouldn't have been called up for the squad, let alone be made captain. Then I stepped back and realized that the likes of Fred and Jo were called up by Scolari this year.

C

cbfpaulinho4

Oh. So you meant that he was average in terms of technical skills? I just read up on it a bit, and it says Rai started out as captain before he was dropped for Mazinho. And I get that a national squad isn't filled with superstars. I just figured that an average player wouldn't have been called up for the squad, let alone be made captain. Then I stepped back and realized that the likes of Fred and Jo were called up by Scolari this year.

lol....Dunga average? he was an absolute legend defensively. He was the unsung hero. Theres a reason why he is so highly reguarded thoughout brazil football.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
lol....Dunga average? he was an absolute legend defensively. He was the unsung hero. Theres a reason why he is so highly reguarded thoughout brazil football.

I didn't call him average. Flavia called him average. And I asked what he was like as a player and why he was captain if he was considered average.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Had this Fred been in that 94 team then he would have been held highly by the Brazilian public as well. Just saying.

F

Flavia

He was average. He was Parreira's Jo, so to speak. His club career was nothing special.

I don't know by whom... most good br football pundits think he was average. Have you ever heard of "era dunga"? 94 Brazil was very good defensively, dunga or not.

C

cbfpaulinho4

Had this Fred been in that 94 team then he would have been held highly by the Brazilian public as well. Just saying.

lol, sorry thats not even a comparable. Not giving dunga all the credit for 94 but there is no doubt he was a significant part of there success. What has fred done in international level to be put next to dunga? nothing, zip 0.

CuleLife4Life

Lol @Flavia has some weird hate towards Dunga. I think he is a d*ck but he wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Dunga was on the national team from 87 to 98 and went to 3 World Cups. Brazil may be going through a talent drought right now but it certainly wasn't when he was on the national team.

Anyway Neymar should be getting a call-up tomorrow.

F

Flavia

Lol @Flavia has some weird hate towards Dunga. I think he is a d*ck but he wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Dunga was on the national team from 87 to 98 and went to 3 World Cups. Brazil may be going through a talent drought right now but it certainly wasn't when he was on the national team.

Anyway Neymar should be getting a call-up tomorrow.

I don't like him, but I don't hate him. Such a strong word. He was an average player though, and that's not because I don't like him. He was a coach fave because of his workrate. Most of his time in the nt was called as "era dunga", a dark period for the brazilian nt. I never said he was bad either, but the best dm in 94 for Brazil was Mauro Silva. Brazil's back 4 was also pretty good. From the starting 11, he was the less talented player. Those players are needed anyway, but another dm could have done the same job he did. But if you replaced mauro silva, then Brazil would have problems.

Home of Barca Fans