Carlo Ancelotti

Porque

After a game like this, Madrid fans and media will be talking about their own Xavi.

Who does everyone think has the highest potential?

Guti (45) - Almeria - 2nd in LaLiga2
Xabi Alonso (40) - Real Sociedad B - 19th in LaLiga2
Raul (44) - Real Madrid Castilla - 11th in Primera RFEF GroupII

Anyone else?

ajnotkeith

After a game like this, Madrid fans and media will be talking about their own Xavi.

Anyone else?

Thiago Motta at Spezia.

Raul also has Castilla playing some great stuff and pressing nicely.

Porque

Thiago Motta at Spezia.

Raul also has Castilla playing some great stuff and pressing nicely.

Always liked Motta. Would have been a great player for us if he never had the injury troubles during his spell at us.

One of those what if players. Ended having a great career though inspite not being able to reach full potential.

khaled_a_d

Anyone else?

Wasn't Guti fired after 22 games?
Alonso is a serious candidate tbh, La Liga 2 is too strong for reserve team to do it's own purpose (developing players) and what he has done with Sociedad B is admirable.
Thing is, Alonso has just played 5 years there, was never a youth product or had any other sentimental attachment to the club, unlike our own players. Was never really a club legend either, unlike someone like Zidane.
When Xavi joined here, folks already know he will get huge amount of support, even Koeman got enough support for the mediocre job he has done. Xabi knows that won't be the case with him.
It is a risky move for any new coach. I think he will wait till Alguacil contract is over and replace him

Zidane82

Anyone else?

Xabi Alonso always looked like an intelligent player

Birdy

Raul will be sweet too. We will dominate with him coaching RM

The only one I DONT want is Xabi.
Obviously highly intelligent, and a 'coach' on the pitch as a player, he has the profile that can make a WC coach, and I wouldn't want them to stumble upon him by accident.

Other than that, Zidane back will be good for us too: he will NEVER rebuild

Horatio

You're welcome
Yes. To this day I maintain Zidane does not even think of himself as a good coach and shithoused his way to success. Probably has a good team around him.

I am all for bringing him back to Real and getting exposed.

Windhook

You all know the rumours of bringing Mbappe and to lesser extent Haaland to Madrid this summer. Hard for me to think that such superstars can be controlled or motivated by coach nobodies like Raul and Xabi Alonso. Those guys are not on Zidane's level of legacy.

Real Madrid need a big name manager, which they already have, to make things click with big transfers.

Morten

Raul will be sweet too. We will dominate with him coaching RM

The only one I DONT want is Xabi.
Obviously highly intelligent, and a 'coach' on the pitch as a player, he has the profile that can make a WC coach, and I wouldn't want them to stumble upon him by accident.

Other than that, Zidane back will be good for us too: he will NEVER rebuild

You seem to have everything figured out when it comes to football, i guess you are a clairvoyant then.

Morten

You all know the rumours of bringing Mbappe and to lesser extent Haaland to Madrid this summer. Hard for me to think that such superstars can be controlled or motivated by coach nobodies like Raul and Xabi Alonso. Those guys are not on Zidane's level of legacy.

Real Madrid need a big name manager, which they already have, to make things click with big transfers.

No, its not about big name manager, its about the right manager.

El Gato

Villarato!

Anyone else?

They can talk about own Xavi all they want. Nobody at the club is interested in taking a rebuilding manager, even if should. Been pretending everything is quality and we have a squad of 20 potential Ballon Dor winners (Perez paraphrased) for years now

Home of Barca Fans