Cesc Fàbregas

Y

Youngie

I agree about Bilbao, that's genuinely one I forgot. He had an average game vs Levante - Iniesta, Messi and Valdes were the stars of that game. Against Malaga, he had a nice assist to Iniesta and that was it.

What I mean by good game is that he was in atleast top 3 in the team in terms of performance. I said 3 games, you expanded it to 5.

What do you mean "that was it"? :lol: I dunno what kind of God-like performance you expect from Cesc before you say he had a great game.

Anyway Cesc didn't assist Iniesta in that Malaga match. Cesc scored.

Cesc vs. Levante was average? :lol: - 91% pass accuracy, 149 touches and a goal.

I forgot the Espanyol match (Jan 6th)...

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

This thread is getting incredibly boring....the same debate over and over again. Although I know I'll share my opinion on the debate again down the line. :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I dunno what kind of God-like performance you expect from Cesc before you say he had a great game.

I literally wrote in the very next line what I meant by good/great game. Considering what my original point was (Thiago could've replaced Fab) - I think it's reasonable to say that if Cesc was not even in top 3 for a game, then it wouldn't have been a huge difference if Thiago had played.

Cesc vs. Levante was average? :lol: - 91% pass accuracy, 149 touches and a goal.

If that's your criteria, then none of Thiago's games were average, if you consider that his job is not to score goals.

footyfan

Calma, calma
lol. Not just this forum. Check whoscored. If you're really into stats (which is not a good idea for midfielders), Fabregas' average rating when he starts is 7.42 whereas Thiago's is 7.6.

Y

Youngie

So Thiago was better than Cesc this season? Utterly laughable.

BTW: I actually watch the games - not just check "whoscored"..

footyfan

Calma, calma
According to whoscored, yeah. And the gap would be higher if it wasn't for the fact that Cesc played a few games as a forward, which meant he could gain more points by getting a goal or assist. Whoscored is naturally slightly biased to players who score or assist, based on how they assign points.

Y

Youngie

There will be time for this after the season is over.

A time for what pal? For talking complete bollocks?

According to whoscored, yeah. And the gap would be higher if it wasn't for the fact that Cesc played a few games as a forward, which meant he could gain more points by getting a goal or assist. Whoscored is naturally slightly biased to players who score or assist, based on how they assign points.

Forget "whoscored". Do you think Thiago is better than Cesc this season?

footyfan

Calma, calma
BTW: I actually watch the games - not just check "whoscored"..

So you choose to disregard both subjective valuation (MOTM thread) and objective valuation (whoscored). I've watched all the games too.

Forget "whoscored". Do you think Thiago is better than Cesc this season?

On average, Thiago has played as well/as bad as Cesc. Who's been more important? Obviously Cesc, there's no doubt. But maybe if we had reversed the roles, we would still be in the same situation as we're in now.

Y

Youngie

So you choose to disregard both subjective valuation (MOTM thread) and objective valuation (whoscored).

I do yes. I don't need some ponces telling me how well a player did. Forget the MOTM thread here: Messi gets it every game more or less.

"objective valuation" :rofl1:

On average, Thiago has played as well/as bad as Cesc. Who's been more important? Obviously Cesc, there's no doubt. But maybe if we had reversed the roles, we would still be in the same situation as we're in now.

In no way has he.

Anyway I'm done with responding to you. What a disrepectful poster you are. Crazy too :lol:

Elite-BkD

C'mon now, MOTM thread and whoscored are hardly definitive as far as who's been playing how well. For one thing Cesc is definitely held to higher standards than Thiago around here and MOTM should be completely disregarded, and I was pretty sure everyone already understood the inadequacy of a few plain statistics.
Cesc in the first half regularly provided pieces of excellence (as well as solid performances) that helped decide matches and definitely was better/more important than Thiago has been at any point this year, although his off moments seem to take more away as he's much more experienced etc and has less room for error.

footyfan

Calma, calma
C'mon now, MOTM thread and whoscored are hardly definitive as far as who's been playing how well. For one thing Cesc is definitely held to higher standards than Thiago around here and MOTM should be completely disregarded, and I was pretty sure everyone already understood the inadequacy of a few plain statistics.
Cesc in the first half regularly provided pieces of excellence (as well as solid performances) that helped decide matches and definitely was better/more important than Thiago has been at any point this year, although his off moments seem to take more away as he's much more experienced etc and has less room for error.

:lol: at using this forums opinion (about cesc nonetheless) as your argument

You're both right, the MOTM thread is not the holy book of ratings. But there is nothing else in terms of a better argument. I even gave my own opinion on the matter, which is what everyone else is doing too.

As for Cesc vs Thiago, like I said, Cesc has been the more important one - but I will reiterate - on average Thiago has played as well. You seem to remember Cesc's great performances but not ones where he has been anonymous or to the detriment of the team.

Home of Barca Fans