Cesc Fàbregas

fcbdna

Banned
Cesc to Arsenal please

Even the great Marquez isn't pleased. . .

LeoMessi10

I am/was a Cesc fan, even bought his shirt when he joined Barca. So I'm not a hater & I don't think he was the worst transfer ever. But really, he just isn't working out here. I think his positive-looking stats are deceiving. For every game he does have where he plays well & actually helps the team, he has a whole handful in a row where he is one of, if not the worst player on the pitch. His attitude lately has been rubbing me the wrong way as well.
With the exception of the levante game where he moved from false 9 to midfield near the end of the game when's the last time you remember him playing in the midfield( his actual position) he definitely hasn't been up to snuff at the false 9 lately but thats not where he's meant to play. For that to be effective like messi they know that he can beat them on the dribble and create something where cesc isn't nearly as fast or good on the ball as messi so it's pretty 1 dimensional from what i've watched which really limits his capabilities unless one of the wingers is doing an extraordinary job of pulling his marker off him and getting in behind the defense( which hasn't been going on lately at all.)

Theconomist

Cesc will be much more involved with the midfield next year once Xavi starts needing to rest more. Then we'll get the best out of him hopefully. If he doesn't workout then we should just let him go, he's become a more versatile player at Barca and we can actually get a profit from his sale.

Meitux

To get Cesc playing at his best, the team tactics need to be changed slightly to get the best out of him. One thing I'd say Cesc is absolutely the best in the world in, is forward defence-splitting passes. It's why he "loses possession" so much --- he's constantly on the lookout for chances to create out of thin air. He can thread the eye of a needle with his back turned, while the a hostile stadium deafens the pitch. Yes he has big weaknesses that stand out even more when trying to shoe-horn him into Xavi's role or false 9... but that's the point, isn't it? He's not Xavi, he's not Iniesta, he's not Messi. He's Cesc.

First, play him in the position he's best at, then sign a predatory striker with world class movement (Gomez? Higuain?:lol:, Aguero?). The goals will come after that. Also, if the striker happens to be tall, then there's your plan B in case tiki-taka gets stifled by an organized defence. Cesc turned Adebayor into a 30 goal striker. When he's comfortalbe in his position, he's an incredibly useful player to have.
exactly,his work is to make assists, and he cant do that by passing into alexis or pedro or the zero movement we have upfront,I think he perfoms better in 4-2-3-1 as he did to arsenal but ofcourse again he did have a target in front of him to assist..

Galning

He was booed by some supporters on Wednesday. I'm not sure if you could hear it on TV but it was pretty loud in the stadium.

fcbdna

Banned
He was booed by some supporters on Wednesday. I'm not sure if you could hear it on TV but it was pretty loud in the stadium.

Could be one of many things. . . . Maybe the fact he wasn't playing well enough or the "Lebanese milf". I hear a lot of people are still pissed with him over that.

Last edited:

Zebulun

I think alot of people are unfair with Cesc, he had some really great games and some poor ones. Hell look at his goal scoring ratio and assists. Cesc has the third highest in the league after iniesta and ozil! What do you guys want! To me Xavi was bad this season! more concerned with making safe back and sideways passing yet he don't get criticism. oh and i almost forgot his 5 assists, btw tello has 4 assists and as bad as alexis was, he has 10. so if we are to be fair we should be crucifying xavi for his poor season also. its not cesc's fault that the coaches are clueless with tactics and how to use him.

abual3bed1

Not really. Cesc is the one that should stay for next season. It's a transitional time for him and should be given another chance as he shown what he can do when he's in form. Working on his form and consistency will help his career in Barca.

Plus, no more cheap sell out for AC Milan.

fcbdna

Banned
Should stay but really needs to improve ATM the only position available is Xavi's due to age and reduced play time next season. . . Would have to slug it out with Thiago for that one.

DB10

Supposedly Arsenal have first refusal and a 50% sell on clause if he's sold elsewhere. I don't think he's going anywhere.

It would be funny if he was hounded out of the club. :lol:

Barcilliant

If 30 million plus offer comes for him-sell. The problem with Cesc is he was an emotional,sentimental signing. Blame his pals Puyol and Pique for that. He has hindered Thiago's development and his style requires that we change our style. He pretty much gets in Messi's way all the time.

Why are people so bothered about his Lebanese milf???

fcbdna

Banned
If 30 million plus offer comes for him-sell. The problem with Cesc is he was an emotional,sentimental signing. Blame his pals Puyol and Pique for that. He has hindered Thiago's development and his style requires that we change our style. He pretty much gets in Messi's way all the time.

Why are people so bothered about his Lebanese milf???

Totally agree with the sell part. . . Now about the milf. Maybe its down to the point, she was married when their affair started. . . Don't forget Barca are the Moral Orel of football.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Cesc aint' going nowheree! :tea:

i hope

Needs to be kept in midfield, though. I think pep tried it last year as something different because he needed to fit into the team (questions would be asked if a big name transfer sat on the bench each week) Then with Villa injured, he played there for spain. Unfortunately for us (kind of?) it worked and they won the euros in the summer :lol: Although thats great and im happy they won, it seems to have convinced people its his new role.
No one can replace Xavi, not many midfielders can control a game like he can. If the defense is solid next season and we get the high pressing back, having a slightly more open game with Cesc in midfield might eventually be the way forward..

Home of Barca Fans