Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fabregas should stay here. When Xavi starts to phase out of the team our midfield will play differently and more suited to cesc, we will be more direct in future years

Robbie

He is so LOYAL that he went to Arsenal for money at the age of 16. Do not say it is not about money. Arsenal and City offered Samper huge money. Barcelona can't give that amount because of Spanish laws. Samper had chosen to stay. Bellerin, Cesc chosen to go.

So who is loyal Samper or Cesc? :lol::lol::lol:

Money didn't have anything to do with it, but I'd say by far the biggest factor in Cesc leaving was the promise of immediate first team football. A teenager from La Masia who had never played first team football, promised such by the then champions of England? That's worth more than money. At the age of 17 -- when he would still be "too young" to sign a contract in Spain, he was given the #4 shirt of the former club captain. That's unbelievable confidence to show in any young player, and that's what motivated him.

And I don't think we offered that much money to Samper. We signed Oxlade Chamberlain to a 30k+ per week deal and he was a similar age to Samper, and don't even get me started on how much Theo Walcott earned as a 16 year old. And when Wenger wanted Aaron Ramsey, he personally had him and his family flown to Euro2008 and talked about how he would fit in with his plans.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
He was 16, not 17. Also, I think you'd have to be an idiot, or brain dead to turn down a move like that.

Vapor

I think people tend to underestimate Cesc and what he can do. The thing he has done, year in year out, competition after competition, is produce results. He has consistently been the top assist provider / goal scorer at Arsenal and Spain. Even in two seasons at Barcelona, I believe he is in the top 2 or 3 assist providers / goal scorers. Even during his supposed "out of form" phase, he produced hattricks, key assists (PSG game), game winners etc. I remember last year I was thinking how he would do in the Euros as his form was dipping towards the end of season. Then he comes back with a strong performance at the Euros. I don't worry about his future or his form etc. etc. He will figure it out, as he has always done.
Amen.

It does sound like I'm saying that, and on the exterior it does pop out at you as such, but that's not what I was getting at. The underlying message is that Cesc is not able to perform to this capabilities when he knows the king is in charge. It's not that he isn't wiling to, it's he is emotionally unable to. He is the type of person who wants to be cherished 100% by everyone, and to be his best he has to play in a place where he is needed. Right now, he is not NEEDED and is considered surplus by even the most hardcore Cesc fans, therefore he has regressed into anonymity out of respect for his own talent and vested emotions. Xavi is his biggest setback, not himself. There is an intimidation factor there also, if you will. Xavi has always been El Maestro, and Cesc sort of accepts that he is the next generation and won't really fight for that spot. He prefers a clean slate so he can create his own dynasty, not one that has the markings of the previous Maestro. I believe he wants to be his own Maestro, but he knows that time is not yet.

This is how I might see Cesc talking to himself on the bench: Man, I really can't wait to take over the helm of the midfield. It sucks right now cuz I'm not that important to everyone (I'm not THAT GUY), but once people see me step up in the position I love, which is controlling the midfield, they'll really see 'Cesc Fabregas' shine! I've just gotta remain patient and learn all I can from Xavi.

^That monologue manifests in his body language whenever he plays on the pitch currently, and that is not the Cesc Fabregas we bought from Arsenal.
and Amen.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Sell this pile of garbage I am sick of seeing him starting over Thiago who clearly deserves to play more than him. I hate the board for continually playing Cesc just because he cost money, Pep at least had the balls to put the big boys on the bench, he started Bojan over Ibrahimovic for Christ sake, that is how it should be done when the big guns aren't doing it!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Cesc needs to play he will be a regular in our midfield for years to come. He needs to find his own style of fitting into the team. Thiago can also get minutes come in at 60 minutes

Ps I know cesc is dale nine today but you get the pojnt

Home of Barca Fans