Cesc Fàbregas

ShandyFFM

he has it all but the speed ...and speed matters most as seen in the cl against bayern...cesc is running an running but with the ball he incredible slow and that doesnt help us at all as attackers we need pacers like messi,neymar,tello imo

Kerrybai

What's the point of playing a false 9 when we already got a striker? Who clearly is much better finisher than him. Playing Messi is a whole different story :lol:

Agreed, when Messi is not in the team it would make sense to change out tactics but Tito has been very poor in this regard.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Yeah like we should've played Villa in the middle as a striker and play Cesc behind him. I think that would've worked better in the absence of Messi.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I wonder why he doesn't link with Xavi or iniesta that well. In arsenal he was in a 433 along side nasri who is just a shit iniesta.

Or is it because management always plays him with Xavi (they don't link p well) and force iniesta to the wing?

He ant have forgotten how to play deep midfield he started his career there

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His best position, so far, has been as a direct & deep lying playmaker at Arsenal...This isn't Arsenal where he has the benefit of playing in acres of space - he's been exposed for how limited he is technically at Barcelona unless he's pushed higher up the pitch and freed from the responsibility of controlling the midfield...Basically, we bought him back to play him in a manner he isn't accustomed to nor capable of...Square peg, round hole

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why not let him play Xavi position then? Come deep to get the ball and dictate the play where there's no immediate
Pressure, time to get his head up and play those brilliant long passes to the wings. Or into messis feet. Cesc also brings the extra element if being able to get forward into the box as play progresses making runs ahead of messi

He's playing to far forward IMO. His short passing game is nothing special, he lacks the agility and quickness of though in tight areas around the box

ryaninho

Cesc haters get out of here. You guys act like you know the player cesc was never a xavi type player that was spun by the british media. cesc played deep at the start of his career, because there were better AM than him. When there was not he was moved to AM where he florished. Look at footage of cesc to say can't ply short passes or tight places is idiotic and just to bring the player down. Cesc was never meant to be xavi and never will be get that through your heads. He is not a CM but AM behind the striker, but can't do that, beacuse messi plays the false 9. This is why people always compared him to inesta and not xavi

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm not a cesc hater I'm the total opposite but for bArca he's not good around the edge of the box

Tbh he needs guys making runs into the box and he picks the, out with through passes. He's probably the best through passer in the world. But in bArca the wingers are static and messi comes deep instead of making a run. In arsenal he had rvp making forward uns constantly along with wingers that make runs like Walcott

Maybe he's just totally unsuited to our build up play

Last edited:

ryaninho

I'm not a cesc hater I'm the total opposite but for bArca he's not good around the edge of the box

Tbh he needs guys making runs into the box and he picks the, out with through passes. He's probably the best through passer in the world. But in bArca the wingers are static and messi comes deep instead of making a run. In arsenal he had rvp making forward uns constantly along with wingers that make runs like Walcott

Maybe he's just totally unsuited to our build up play

thank you someone gets it. The playing style we imploy does not help cesc, because of how far messi drops back and the lack of movement the winger have. If the wingers did some runs it would not be that bad. If cesc played with ibra, eto'o or henry you'll see the true cesc. With messi playing false 9 he also plays in the areas where cesc is best at. There is no way management will drop messi or change tactics even when we are losing. the manged the flair out alexis to the point he is not even confident when doing anything, but droping.

Home of Barca Fans