Cesc Fàbregas

Tezemery

No he wasn't. He was great for the first half of the season, then had a mediocre second half. By Barca standards. Not terrible. Some teams would kill to have a midfielder score 15 goals and provide 20 assists in a season, let alone half a season.
He scored some goals yes but he didnt fit into the team, his passing wasnt up to standard and he just generally looked poor, he was terrible.

Last edited:

lessthanjake

Let's hope he can keep it up this season.

I think he will be able to. Last season, he played well at the beginning of the season, but it always looked like something that wouldn't continue. He was excelling at something (goalscoring essentially as a forward) that was not his main positive quality, and was looking lost in the passing game. It was logical that his goalscoring would come back to earth (as there was no precedent for it being that good) but that he might still be lost passing-wise.

This time around, he's excelling at what he has actually always been good at, the passing game and particularly through balls. This is way less likely to be lost IMO because it is something he has proven quality in.

Of course, his form might dip a little given how well he is playing now, but I think this is the general level he will show at Barcelona.

M

Malappapper

But it will be extremely crucial to get as many goals as possible from Cesc, because other than Godlike Messi, we have no other reliable goalscorer.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Official report: Cesc is expected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks with a thigh muscle injury, more tests tomorrow.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Because it was so early in the match I assume he didn't warm up properly, a professional should always do this, but seems most of our players apart from Messi don't do it properly...

M

Malappapper

This sucks.

He was sorely missed tonight, and will be sorely missed in the upcoming games.

F

Flavia

"una rotura en el bíceps femoral del muslo izquierdo", according to the official site.

Home of Barca Fans