Cesc Fàbregas

M

Malappapper

No more Cesc for 2012, he will miss Atletico and Valladolid games for sure.

BarcaGirl

Thank god for the winter break!

I think we can handle the last games without him. Just hope no more injuries.

Get well soon Cesc!

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Shame, he was doing great as well, in terms of assists and goals he was our most influential midfielder, although I guess this means Thiago gets to play more for the rest of the year.

Stric

I'm with you guys... Fab's directness and willingness to go forward was much missed tonight. This is a good indicator of how he influences our performance.

Barcastuff
Official report: Cesc is expected to be out for 3 to 4 weeks with a thigh muscle injury, more tests tomorrow.

I don't remember correctly, did he have a thigh injury in the second half of last season? I wonder if it's the same thigh.

Because it was so early in the match I assume he didn't warm up properly, a professional should always do this, but seems most of our players apart from Messi don't do it properly...

Not saying it can't be true, but I don't see why he would warm up less properly today than usually.

Last edited:

Vapor

I'm with you guys... Fab's directness and willingness to go forward was much missed tonight. This is a good indicator of how he influences our performance.

Definitely. You can really see how valuable he's become for us. Not only does he bring that directness and forward play, but he is also pivotal in our possession game as well. Always making himself available for a pass, dropping deep and looking for direct passes.

Now contrast that with his substitute, Alexis, who would just hug the sideline the whole time doing absolutely nothing of importance. Cesc brings a lot, that's for sure.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Hope this won't impact his game when he comes back, certainly lucky it happened right before winter break, that could have hurt if it was in the middle of the season.

Trequartista

The good
Was thinking the other day about his lack if injuries at barca and this comes at the time he looked at his best ever form,shame

hellsangel1

The playing style under Tito has helped Cesc more than any other player at Barca. The style is a little bit more direct and attacks are being inititated more quickly which suits Cesc's style. It's really good for Barca that he's being useful to the team now. He still makes a few more mistakes than the other Barca midfielders, his first touch isn't as 'smooth' as theirs and sometimes his through-balls can go awry which is why I'd still be hesitant to start him in big matches like Clasico's or CL quarters or semis. Most of Cesc's best performances have come against lower-ranked opposition and his 'mistakes' will prove more costly against top quality opposition because it would provide them with an opportunity to counter-attack. You also don't get as much time on the ball against great sides like Real as you do against the likes of Deportivo, Getafe, Granada etc. either

That doesn't mean that I don't think that he shouldn't play in important games like CL knock-out or Clasico, it's just that he shouldn't start.

F

Flavia

@cesc4official
Thank you all for your messages of support, now I will work very hard during Christmas time to try to be ready for the 2nd of January!

M

mitkoa7x

It would be good to have him for the potential semis against Merda.

M

Malappapper

The playing style under Tito has helped Cesc more than any other player at Barca. The style is a little bit more direct and attacks are being inititated more quickly which suits Cesc's style. It's really good for Barca that he's being useful to the team now. He still makes a few more mistakes than the other Barca midfielders, his first touch isn't as 'smooth' as theirs and sometimes his through-balls can go awry which is why I'd still be hesitant to start him in big matches like Clasico's or CL quarters or semis. Most of Cesc's best performances have come against lower-ranked opposition and his 'mistakes' will prove more costly against top quality opposition because it would provide them with an opportunity to counter-attack. You also don't get as much time on the ball against great sides like Real as you do against the likes of Deportivo, Getafe, Granada etc. either

That doesn't mean that I don't think that he shouldn't play in important games like CL knock-out or Clasico, it's just that he shouldn't start.

Other than Real Madrid, we have not faced a really strong team this season, so what applies for Cesc applies for our entire team. In the Liga Classico (2-2) we became worse once he was benched off.

Home of Barca Fans