Cesc Fàbregas

J

jtmx12

Ye it's not bad at all. He will have a longer vacation and will be able to spend more time with his family/friends :p

Trickykid

The playing style under Tito has helped Cesc more than any other player at Barca. The style is a little bit more direct and attacks are being inititated more quickly which suits Cesc's style. It's really good for Barca that he's being useful to the team now. He still makes a few more mistakes than the other Barca midfielders, his first touch isn't as 'smooth' as theirs and sometimes his through-balls can go awry which is why I'd still be hesitant to start him in big matches like Clasico's or CL quarters or semis. Most of Cesc's best performances have come against lower-ranked opposition and his 'mistakes' will prove more costly against top quality opposition because it would provide them with an opportunity to counter-attack. You also don't get as much time on the ball against great sides like Real as you do against the likes of Deportivo, Getafe, Granada etc. either

That doesn't mean that I don't think that he shouldn't play in important games like CL knock-out or Clasico, it's just that he shouldn't start.

If the MotM thread is anything to go by, this really isn't correct. Two of his 5 top 3 entries this season have been away vs. Sevilla and Benfica. Arguably some of our hardest games this season, if you don't count the RM encounters. I see what you're saying though, but I really feel his directness will benefit us more and more as the season progresses - especially against big teams, where we'll need our every attack on the break to count.

pawanme10

If the MotM thread is anything to go by, this really isn't correct. Two of his 5 top 3 entries this season have been away vs. Sevilla and Benfica. Arguably some of our hardest games this season, if you don't count the RM encounters. I see what you're saying though, but I really feel his directness will benefit us more and more as the season progresses - especially against big teams, where we'll need our every attack on the break to count.

Agreed.
His directness will be especially lethal against Premier League clubs and Borussia if we ever come up against them.
Oh heck, only United and Arsenal are the Premier league teams to qualify right? :troll:

hellsangel1

The Sevilla match was completely changed by the red card to the sevilla player, fabregas was not having a good game at all before that incident (however,to be fair, so wasn't much of the team/particularly the defense). The Benfica performance was good but that Benfica team couldn't beat a second-string Barca side. I just feel that Fabregas is most effective when he has time and space on the ball and that is something you don't have against top quality sides like Madrid who have got pacy players that do a good job of pressing and also some of those mistakes usually give opportunites to counterattack . I feel that Fabregas would be more effective as a substitute entering the game in the second half when defenses are more tired and so he will most likely have more space to exploit.

barcanuck

Just went he was in good form gets an injury. Hope his second half of the season is going to be up to par. Because last year's second half was piss poor.

abual3bed1

cesc4official Cesc Fàbregas Soler 6m
First signing of winter ;) ! Primer fichaje de invierno, grande Seydou! Primer fitxatge d'hivern jeje, gran Seydou!!!

A96LrShCcAAiLH2.jpg:large

pawanme10

I believe, we missed his directness which would have helped us seal the tie against Cordoba easily.
Could have gotten a manita.
Come back soon, Cesc. :)

Stric

Cesc is currently ranked #5 on Transfermarkt's list, at 55.000.000 €, with only Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Rooney ahead of him.

I know it's just Transfermarkt, but it's nice to see our boy rank so high, ahead of the likes of Falcao, Aguero, Ozil and other star-players.

M

Malappapper

Cesc is currently ranked #5 on Transfermarkt's list, at 55.000.000 €, with only Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Rooney ahead of him.

I know it's just Transfermarkt, but it's nice to see our boy rank so high, ahead of the likes of Falcao, Aguero, Ozil and other star-players.

I don't find that surprising at all. Cesc is a massive talent and a great midfielder. I suspect that Falcao will be re-evaluated soon and his value will go up.

Also, on that website, just check out the values of Mata and Silva. While their performance measured statistically has largely been constant between La Liga and EPL, they got a massive mark-up once they established themselves in the EPL. I find that quite ludicrous.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Doesn't suprise me neither. I think after Iniesta, Cesc has been the second best midfielder in the world so far this season.

Cule4life

The Culest
The playing style under Tito has helped Cesc more than any other player at Barca. The style is a little bit more direct and attacks are being inititated more quickly which suits Cesc's style. It's really good for Barca that he's being useful to the team now. He still makes a few more mistakes than the other Barca midfielders, his first touch isn't as 'smooth' as theirs and sometimes his through-balls can go awry which is why I'd still be hesitant to start him in big matches like Clasico's or CL quarters or semis. Most of Cesc's best performances have come against lower-ranked opposition and his 'mistakes' will prove more costly against top quality opposition because it would provide them with an opportunity to counter-attack. You also don't get as much time on the ball against great sides like Real as you do against the likes of Deportivo, Getafe, Granada etc. either

That doesn't mean that I don't think that he shouldn't play in important games like CL knock-out or Clasico, it's just that he shouldn't start.
+1
Cesc should definitely start against bus parking teams where his directness will be handy to break the bus. But against Madrid etc. he would be better as a substitute because Madrid players would be tired of chasing the ball from us and would be less likely to have the pace to cut out the run from Messi to intercept his direct passes or throughballs

M

Malappapper

:lol:

+1
Cesc should definitely start against bus parking teams where his directness will be handy to break the bus. But against Madrid etc. he would be better as a substitute because Madrid players would be tired of chasing the ball from us and would be less likely to have the pace to cut out the run from Messi to intercept his direct passes or throughballs

+1000

Start with Xavi and Iniesta, order one of them to give everything until the 60th minute, and then throw a fully battle ready Cesc to finish the business.

Home of Barca Fans