Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
When they play for their national teams Pedro and alexis make runs all the time and are good at it. Pedro always scores for Spain. In bArca they are told to remain still and when they get the ball pass it backwards as soon as they get it. They are there purely for decoration.

If we want to move forward with the new project and be successful in the future instead of desperately trying to drag out the current generation for longer than they can handle then we need to take more risks in running and passing. Cesc already takes risks when he can but as you said its rare because the wingers are told to be limited. The blame is on Tito I think.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not a cesc hater I'm the total opposite but for bArca he's not good around the edge of the box

Tbh he needs guys making runs into the box and he picks the, out with through passes. He's probably the best through passer in the world. But in bArca the wingers are static and messi comes deep instead of making a run. In arsenal he had rvp making forward uns constantly along with wingers that make runs like Walcott

Maybe he's just totally unsuited to our build up play

+ he played in the end-to-end PL

Mr Hulot

did not play bad just did what was required of him

I am not sure that my eyes work the same way your eyes work.

Seriously, what happened to this guy? He was class until Christmas and now he seems slow, as robotic as Song and more importantly without the imagination and flair that made him make those wonderful passes...

ryaninho

I am not sure that my eyes work the same way your eyes work.

Seriously, what happened to this guy? He was class until Christmas and now he seems slow, as robotic as Song and more importantly without the imagination and flair that made him make those wonderful passes...

the whole team has not been playing well since after christmas

Stric

He was horrible, but he still managed to make a few really good moves and passes. Too bad none of it resulted in a goal.

Butaan4barca

sell him and buy isco, he would just be perfect for the role. All what is required of him is to fill in the gaps. Useless in that role. He would never get the same freedom he used to get at arsenal. So there is no point of keeping him.

MagIX

Definitive: two years performance totally below the expectations.
Total disappointment, undeniable.
Millions and millions (27) down the drain once again.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
See what happened the minute Xavi got on?...Goal...To be fair to Cesc, I thought he's been far worse on many other occasions - he had his moments tonight, certainly wasn't a poor performance, for me...How the hell Villa missed that sitter, my word, he Sanchez' it...Thiago, however, was better, per usual

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After 2 seasons here I think I can safely say that this was unnecessary signing and that Barca should have used the money elsewhere. And I was actually a fan of his. I mean he has good games here and there, doesn't look bad statistically.. but he just doesn't fit. Either simply can't fit him among Xavi-Iniesta and thus pushing him forward or just looks out of sync.

Antimadridista1

After 2 seasons here I think I can safely say that this was unnecessary signing and that Barca should have used the money elsewhere. And I was actually a fan of his. I mean he has good games here and there, doesn't look bad statistically.. but he just doesn't fit. Either simply can't fit him among Xavi-Iniesta and thus pushing him forward or just looks out of sync.

Totally agreed. He doesn't fit in our system , he needs to play in a 4-2-3-1 behind the striker to perform . Anyway, if the rumour about ManU is true, i really wish that our staff will make the right choice and accept to sell him and probably replace him by a cheaper and fabulous Gundogan.

Busquets/Song/Xavi/Gundogan/Iniesta/Thiago would be AMAZING.

Stric

Totally agreed. He doesn't fit in our system , he needs to play in a 4-2-3-1 behind the striker to perform . Anyway, if the rumour about ManU is true, i really wish that our staff will make the right choice and accept to sell him and probably replace him by a cheaper and fabulous Gundogan.

Busquets/Song/Xavi/Gundogan/Iniesta/Thiago would be AMAZING.

Gundogan?! And just how would that help Thiago, in comparison to his current situation? Wouldn't the entire point of selling Fabregas be to help make way for Thiago?

Home of Barca Fans