Cesc Fàbregas

footyfan

Calma, calma
I actually remember watching the video that started this discussion during the winter holidays and I was so excited and pumped up for the second half of the season. That was the time when Tito was rotating so much that Iniesta complained about not getting enough play time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Once again, the problem with Cesc is not talent, even his worst (sane) enemy would admit he is a decent enough player, the thing is that he is being squeezed into lineups with no sense of purpose other than to humor him...

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Great video. Some of those passes are really insane. When he's on top of his game, he's hands-down the best final pass provider there is. Some quality finishes in that video, as well. He looks like a completely different player from the one we've been seeing lately. Let's hope he can keep that form up for the entire season next year.
Agreed, his vision is insane too, 360.

89Norcal

Once again, the problem with Cesc is not talent, even his worst (sane) enemy would admit he is a decent enough player, the thing is that he is being squeezed into lineups with no sense of purpose other than to humor him...

Pretty much bang on though at least he contributes a decent amount.

Richard.H

I'm a bit confused as to how people can be frustrated with Cesc. Compared to the numerous other underachievers in our team, I think Cesc has done his deed this season. He had so many amazing assists and goals that you can't really be mad at him. Yes, he does disappear during games at times, but if you guys are getting so worked up with Cesc, how come there isn't a complete catastrophe in this forum over Alexis and Pedro?

89Norcal

I'm a bit confused as to how people can be frustrated with Cesc. Compared to the numerous other underachievers in our team, I think Cesc has done his deed this season. He had so many amazing assists and goals that you can't really be mad at him. Yes, he does disappear during games at times, but if you guys are getting so worked up with Cesc, how come there isn't a complete catastrophe in this forum over Alexis and Pedro?

I wonder if it was because of the transfer fee and drawn out saga. Seems like alot of users here have a strong disdain for drawn-out, hyped transfers.

See: Neymar

Richard.H

I wonder if it was because of the transfer fee and drawn out saga. Seems like alot of users here have a strong disdain for drawn-out, hyped transfers.

See: Neymar

There's no way that's the issue. I'm pretty sure Alexis cost more than Cesc when all the variables were taken into account...

AvocadoCake

:beer2:

True.

To be honest, Xavi's through balls have disappeared for the most part because he rarely has anyone to pass them to. Messi plays deeper than ever nowadays, and our wide forwards rarely make runs into the middle.

Even the runs out wide, which should be easier to execute (due to more space on the wings rather than through the middle), he isn't making as well or as often. He's not where he was 3 or so years ago but probably still better than last season, but next season I'd like to see him being rested more during the league season with Cesc and Thiago getting game time, but maybe come into the bigger games because I think he got worse as the season went on, not unexpected considering his age and the frequency at which he was playing. Look at Giggs over the last few years: he wasn't a week in-week out player, but he got more game time in the crucial games.

I guess it's a learning curve for Tito, he made mistakes he needs to eradicate, and soon, but 97-100 point season + CL semi in your managerial debut is not too shabby, but now I'm just getting sidetracked.

89Norcal

There's no way that's the issue. I'm pretty sure Alexis cost more than Cesc when all the variables were taken into account...

idk then, can't remember if the cry for CF's was as strong at the time, or if people just didn't think Cesc could fit into our slower tempo style.

At any rate I'm with you because I see the positives he brings this club.

AL-MALKI

5877_532906640107175_1527326285_n.jpg

Stric

Great build-up and interplay with Iniesta, leading to a classic goal! Well-done. :cesc: It's almost as if he assisted himself. :lol:

Stric

I would partly blame him for Thiago's departure, if it happens. He should have never came back.

LOL... so it's his fault that the club decided they'll buy him? :lol: There probably weren't many players in 2011 that didn't want to join Barca. What the hell was he supposed to say? "Oh thanks for the offer, but I'm fine here at Arsenal, winning nothing. You should probably focus on Thiago's development." ...some people. :facepalm: If it's anyone's "fault" that Fabregas is here, it's of those who bought him.

I would partly blame him for Thiago's departure, if it happens. He should have never came back.

I'd almost fully blame Tito, for not rotating properly or giving Thiago the playing time he deserves. I think a midfield of Xavi and Iniesta with Thiago and Cesc as backups would be perfect if Tito could rotate properly.

Home of Barca Fans