Cesc Fàbregas

XaviMessiGirl

Nah you can support whoever you want here. But the guys are right that are saying you don't need to repeat the same one line over & over in this thread.

ceefoo

If Cesc wants guarantees, then he could leave as well,....
This whole business of a player wanting guarantees is nonsense. Any big club, especially one the size of Barcelona cannot guarantee any player (barring GK) he will start X amount of games.

A player guarantees his place in the team by improving his game with hard work and dedication, following team orders and consistent high-level performances.

However, a player is also at the mercy of his manager. So if he happens to be an absolute dick, who can't see the woods for the trees, then the player may have a point.

ceefoo

This doesn't mean Cesc will come to United anyway as long as your board is not stupid enough to accept the bid, the ball is in your court, and they are not reporting that Cesc is unhappy at Barca or wants out but are reporting that he is happy to move to United.
It would be a bizarre decision to sell Cesc, after only two seasons, when they worked so hard for long to bring him here. True, his arrival has not been the overwhelming success mgmt. had expected, and Cesc still has much to prove. But I still believe he will turn out to be a excellent signing and we are still yet to see the best of him.

You may accept to raise funds for a new CB as I understand that you guys want a new world class CB as much as we want a new world class CM, someone like Thiago Silva will not come cheap but would make you guys absolutely incredible.
I would be idiotic to weaken one area of your team (Midfield), to strengthen another (Defence).

TBH, Cesc was the wrong signing at the wrong time and it was inevitable to me that his return would create a dilemma as to how/where he would fit into the team.

It is clear that Cesc is not Xavi's replacement, as he was initially intended. That's not to say that he can never be. That's up for debate. Who knows if he can adapt his game to become a controlling midfielder, who sets the tempo and dictates the play.

I have seen members throwing inferior names forward as a potential Cesc replacement, should he leave. But the answer would not be to sign 'potential' right now. We would need a ready-made replacement. Otherwise we may as well look to one of our La Masia graduates and look to improve him.

footyfan

Calma, calma
It's clear his team is Man Utd but he likes Barcelona's football too. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I like a lot of teams besides Barcelona and I'm definitely not a gloryhunter. Barcelona are only my main club right now because they play the best football and have very skillful players.

oggydude

He might be a good football coach but he lacks the subtlety in the transfer market as shown by this transfer. It's possible for top clubs to hire incompetent chairmen and sports directors, happens all the time. I think you have this now with ed woodward.

One thing that pissed me of about them is that if they didn't want/bid for Thiago then why did they wait till Thiago left to bid for Cesc, unless they found something out about Cesc not being happy at Barca until after Thiago left, the delay in the bid was ridiculous.

Who makes the calls at Barca anyway, at United it is the manager who ensures if a player is going to be signed or sold, is it the same way at Barca or does the board make the decisions on transfers like at Real/Chelsea, I don't want this saga to drag out.

matth_22

matth_22
I'm not a troll, i joined this forum because i thought you didn't allow opposition fans on here, so i pretended to be a barcelona fan, i apologise.

Home of Barca Fans