Cesc Fàbregas

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you have the money then you will not sell and we're wasting time, but the excuse that no world class CB is available is false, if you throw enough money a team will crack and sell you the player, kind of what we're trying with you.

Good luck doing that with other clubs, I believe we are not a club who is willing to sell any player as long as the price is right. We are not a selling club. Perhaps ManU is?

Unbiased United

No way. Cesc is happy here, he knows he is needed here with Thiago gone. He was the one who took a pay cut (?) to come here, he got plenty of playing time, he is a great friend of Messi. So tell me, why does he want to leave?

I must admit I do agree with this.

He's playing for the club he loves (who also happen to be one of the biggest and best in the world), and it just seems beyond ridiculous this is even persisting.

The only thing I don't understand is why a club with the business acumen that we have at United, would even pursue this... unless there are signals from Barca that he could be available....I dunno, It seems so unlikely and I would be amazed if that's the case, but is there a slight possibility they are being thrown a bone by somebody at Barca?

F

Flavia

I must admit I do agree with this.

He's playing for the club he loves (who also happen to be one of the biggest and best in the world), and it just seems beyond ridiculous this is even persisting.

The only thing I don't understand is why a club with the business acumen that we have at United, would even pursue this... unless there are signals from Barca that he could be available....I dunno, It seems so unlikely and I would be amazed if that's the case, but is there a slight possibility they are being thrown a bone by somebody at Barca?

Since the Cesc saga was so long and consuming, unless Cesc wants to go, I don't see this board selling him. Not yet, to be more precise. Next summer, if he has a season inconsistent as the last one, I could see him go, but now I think it's too soon. And thiago's gone, so Cesc will have even more minutes.

Unbiased United

Since the Cesc saga was so long and consuming, unless Cesc wants to go, I don't see this board selling him. Not yet, to be more precise. Next summer, if he has a season inconsistent as the last one, I could see him go, but now I think it's too soon. And thiago's gone, so Cesc will have even more minutes.

Yeah exactly and I agree.

I just don't get why we (United) are even bidding, it just seems like such a non-starter.

Strange stuff....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think your new chairman and David Moyes are incompetent is the most likely scenario. Fergie would never have pursued this in the first place and if he did he wouldn't embarrass the club by making a transfer public unless it's a certainty.

oggydude

I think your new chairman and David Moyes are incompetent is the most likely scenario. Fergie would never have pursued this in the first place and if he did he wouldn't embarrass the club by making a transfer public unless it's a certainty.
Fergie would've brought an upcoming young defender and a proven striker this summer before putting a bid in for a mid :thumbsup2:

Unbiased United

:facepalm:

David Moyes is extremely competent at the very least, and if you truly believe that financial behemoth like United would hire an incompetent chairman then I'd have to direct you to the face palm gif above, and leave it at that.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He might be a good football coach but he lacks the subtlety in the transfer market as shown by this transfer. It's possible for top clubs to hire incompetent chairmen and sports directors, happens all the time. I think you have this now with ed woodward.

Eto10

Btw how come everyone wants to keep Cesc all of a sudden? When i used to lurk here, many hated him and he was booed in the camp nou. Surely it would be wise to take the 30+ million and sign a more worthy successor to Xavi's throne?

What is Cesc position anyway? He doesn't really have a set position in the team.

abual3bed1

Well If Thiago were still here, then the sell Cesc would've seen more support from people here, myself included. It's gonna be a real disaster selling him now unless we sign 2 classy midfielders and it's just impossible at this point of the transfer window.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Btw how come everyone wants to keep Cesc all of a sudden? When i used to lurk here, many hated him and he was booed in the camp nou. Surely it would be wise to take the 30+ million and sign a more worthy successor to Xavi's throne?

Who is that worthy successor to Xavi that you are suggesting? Some ManU player? ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Arsenal think Cesc will stay at least one more year at Barcelona and are confident he will return to Arsenal if he decides to leave. [mail]

Home of Barca Fans