Cesc Fàbregas

Shegzy

If manu bid 40m we should take it.we need a minor overhaul,get rid of some players,get younger that can solve the defiences we had last season.our team is basically last year team+neymar-thiago and villa.it is still the same set of player that could not do anything against bayern and realmadrid.i think we need to get rid of some player like guardiola did by getting rid of ronnie,deco,belleti.

B

beautifulgame

If manu bid 40m we should take it.we need a minor overhaul,get rid of some players,get younger that can solve the defiences we had last season.our team is basically last year team+neymar-thiago and villa.it is still the same set of player that could not do anything against bayern and realmadrid.i think we need to get rid of some player like guardiola did by getting rid of ronnie,deco,belleti.

I really agree. What is frustrating our people don't seem to believe overhaul is necessary. :-/

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The only problem is Cesc is part of the young crop we can turn to change things. If you're advocating for a going younger overhaul, then you should be asking for Barca to sell Xavi to Man U instead of Cesc.

ceefoo

To everyone suggesting we should sell Cesc for 40m

Selling Cesc for as little as 40m would be beyond retarded. Here's why: :book:

We paid 29m for him only two years ago in which part of the contract was a clause that Arsenal had a buy-back option with first refusal. It also stated that they we would spilt the profits with them, should we sell to another club. You are not going to make a "minor overhaul" with around 5 million.

Cesc has already stated that he would ONLY be interested in returning to England to go back to Arsenal.

I'm not suggesting that we should, but the absolute minimum it would be worth selling Cesc for imo would be 60m. But that's totally irrelevant as Man Utd would not pay that much, and Cesc would not go there.

So there you have it, we are stuck with :cesc: whether you like it, or not.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
No no no. Xavi isn't going anywhere, he is a one club man. Cesc is more valuable anyway, and better to raise funds. We're keeping him anyway it's pointless talking about

As a side note why do new members think that guys like Xavi can just be sold or Casillas will move to us of all clubs? Seems like they don't understand football (not you in particular Sumlit). They think it's some game where all you need is to buy the flavour of the month and don't consider the history of the clubs, the rivalries and other factors.

Armando929

Fabregas is not Xavi's replacement and never will be. Two very very different midfielders. No point talking about how old Xavi is because Cesc is a number 10.

I've said this once and i will say it again. Man Utd will bid 40 million for Fabregas very soon and Barca needs to take the money and run away. Put those funds into finding a true replacement for Xavi, someone like Gundogan and a defender. That will be much more beneficial for Barca in the long term.

Cesc will never agree to such a move.

And the board don't seem to interested on selling him anyway so that situation is dead and buried really.

CatalinR10

Man United are prepared to make a third and final offer of 40M plus incentives for Cesc Fabregas, who would be open to join United. [mail]

Salou 10

Why go to cold wet Manchester and play in that weather.He is home here and loved and his family are here.He has more of a chance of winning things with Barca too

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
No no no. Xavi isn't going anywhere, he is a one club man. Cesc is more valuable anyway, and better to raise funds. We're keeping him anyway it's pointless talking about

As a side note why do new members think that guys like Xavi can just be sold or Casillas will move to us of all clubs? Seems like they don't understand football (not you in particular Sumlit). They think it's some game where all you need is to buy the flavour of the month and don't consider the history of the clubs, the rivalries and other factors.

I'm not calling to sell Xavi. I was just saying that it makes more sense that those who are asking for a team overhaul in order to go younger, would be calling for an exit to Xavi, who is older, instead of Cesc who is young.

Makes no sense to sell the young and keep the old, if what they're wanting is a "go young overhaul"

Jadentheman

Selling Cesc for as little as 40m would be beyond retarded. Here's why: :book:

We paid 29m for him only two years ago in which part of the contract was a clause that Arsenal had a buy-back option with first refusal. It also stated that they we would spilt the profits with them, should we sell to another club. You are not going to make a "minor overhaul" with around 5 million.

Cesc has already stated that he would ONLY be interested in returning to England to go back to Arsenal.

I'm not suggesting that we should, but the absolute minimum it would be worth selling Cesc for imo would be 60m. But that's totally irrelevant as Man Utd would not pay that much, and Cesc would not go there.

So there you have it, we are stuck with :cesc: whether you like it, or not.

I think United is more than willing to spend 60M on Cesc. They're desperate.

I'm not calling to sell Xavi. I was just saying that it makes more sense that those who are asking for a team overhaul in order to go younger, would be calling for an exit to Xavi, who is older, instead of Cesc who is young.

Makes no sense to sell the young and keep the old, if what they're wanting is a "go young overhaul"

... ans still Cesc is keeping silent about the issue ! This spreads some doubts around.

I don't trust that MILF I think she's an influence

Home of Barca Fans