Cesc Fàbregas

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Tbf he was pretty awful at times last season....
What I never got was those people who claimed he didn't have talent and his years at arsenal meant nothing. Most of us knew what he could bring to the table, we were just dissapointed by the cluelessness he showed on the pitch. He just looked confused a lot. I'm loving his current form though. The deadliest playmaker we have along with Messi. I wouldn't be surprised if his name stays at the top of the key passes and assists list for a bit. Just hope he can keep it up.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was getting tons of shit here ever since I came to the forums, and I literally got laughed at for suggesting that he had massive potential. I can't help but laugh looking back now lol

He's always had a lot of potential for success at Barca, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that a fair amount of his criticism was deserved with his previous drops in form. I've never been one to truly doubt Cesc's ability, but you shouldn't act like people were stupid for criticizing him back then just because he's doing well now.

As for him as a player, it's always been apparent that he'd thrive in the correct role which under Tata's free-flowing style is really showing. He seems like he can now coexist and even enhance the abilities of dynamic powerhouses like Messi, Neymar, etc. while having his own strong influence. Hopefully he keeps this up, he'll easily top Europe's assist charts if he continues this type of form.

jamrock

We should start handing awards at the very beginning of the season. Its has I said the moment he signed we play a more vertical game he will play well, play a horizontal game he will look crap, as he is no midfielder in the barca sense anyways.

Let's see if we have the stamina to play Tara's system in march.

jamrock

We should start handing awards at the very beginning of the season. Its has I said the moment he signed we play a more vertical game he will play well, play a horizontal game he will look crap, as he is no midfielder in the barca sense anyways.

Let's see if we have the stamina to play Tara's system in march.

Truthist

Although he was poor at times last season he was misused quite often too. He simply doesn't have the attributes to play as a false no.9 imo but play him in his Arsenal role and he's a relentless goal creating machine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 16 min
Cesc: "I was surprised about all the rumours this summer. I gave many interviews during Confederations Cup saying clearly I would stay" [oc]

Cesc: "Ozil is a spectacular signing for Arsenal. He'll enjoy PL, he'll have a lot more space there, and when he has space, he kills you."

I think your idea is pretty close to what might happen. Unless we can get another Xavi-esque player, we'll have to innovate the team's tactics a little. In order to play both Cesc & Iniesta, Busquets could become a deep-lying playmaker (which he is perfectly capable of) similar to the way Pirlo is used. Getting hit on the counter is still going to be a problem so to stop that we'll need to purchase a proper CB and a defensive minded R/L back. Right now when we are in a full on attack only Pique, Mascherano & Busquets hang back with teams taking advantage of our wide open flanks. With an Abidal type back and a proper CB we'd have coverage leaving our 6 attacking players to create problems in the opponents final third.
Or we could shift to a 4-2-2-2 with a double pivot. It's probably not gonna happen this year but I see Neymar eventually moving from the left to the center, just like Messi; & since I don't think Alba will be leaving anytime soon the way to solve our defensive problems (besides getting a new CB) would be to play Mascherano as a DM giving Busquets the freedom to play more upfield and act as our distributor. The other major advantage of this formation is it makes us a lot less vulnerable over the counter since Mascherano is faster and a better tackler than Busquets with an excellent reading of the game; that and the fact that we would be having 2 DMs on the field.

Vapor

DonAndres said:
detract from the fact that a fair amount of his criticism was deserved with his previous drops in form. I've never been one to truly doubt Cesc's ability, but you shouldn't act like people were stupid for criticizing him back then just because he's doing well now.

As for him as a player, it's always been apparent that he'd thrive in the correct role which under Tata's free-flowing style is really showing. He seems like he can now coexist and even enhance the abilities of dynamic powerhouses like Messi, Neymar, etc. while having his own strong influence. Hopefully he keeps this up, he'll easily top Europe's assist charts if he continues this type of form.

No, you're right. He WAS pretty bad half the time his first two seasons. Im specifically referring to the more cynical posters who implied he wasnt a good player overall and not Barcelona material.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He was "bad" because he played out of position as false nine. Also, when cesc has a dip in form everyone takes notice, while other players are forgiven for it. People are talking crap as usual.

Stric

Damn, this season's shirts are gorgeous.

1236718_553699264685088_263928933_n.jpg

Vapor

Came on and injected so much creativity up front. We scored within a few minutes of him being on the pitch. He really is our better attacking midfielder so far this season.

impeh

Hi, its me..
probably been the best player so far this season, was involved with the goal about 5 mins after he came on :blush:

Home of Barca Fans