Cesc Fàbregas

kostasgtc

Must agree that Cesc has been in great form this season and is perfect for the changes Tata has made. But, did any of you see where the one Sevilla player tried to pat Cesc after a physical confrontation/foul and Cesc took the piss out of him? This coupled with his sometimes diving tendencies make me think Cesc might not have the greatest personality.
+1
if only he had the half brain of xavi he would be amazing.
cesc GROW UP we need you.

Henry_IB

Banned
It's really great to see him become such an instrumental part of the team and finally play on such a good level after trying so hard for years. There's one thing no one can take away from him, even back when everyone wanted him out, and that is his will to succeed and his passion.

Messi's 2-0 goal, who celebrates the most of anyone? Cesc. And he didn't even assist or score the goal (although crucial in the build up). As soon as Messi scores you can see Cesc swinging his arm in a "FUCK YEAH" way. And that passion I love about him.

Vapor

Must agree that Cesc has been in great form this season and is perfect for the changes Tata has made. But, did any of you see where the one Sevilla player tried to pat Cesc after a physical confrontation/foul and Cesc took the piss out of him? This coupled with his sometimes diving tendencies make me think Cesc might not have the greatest personality.
lol I saw that too. Cesc does that sometimes... it did look like the guy gave somewhat of a rough pat to Cesc though. I do think he should keep his cool more sometimes but I think he does have a good, warm personality on the whole.

Neymar + Cesc + Messi is going to be absolutely LETHAL this season. Imagine when all 3 are all playing on TOP form at the same time!! I would put them and their creativity up against the very best in the world... that's going to be very hard to stop.

Amen. :cesc:

Last edited:

pEllee

Ye, spare me the bullshit would you? It's called having a direct style of play, it's not narcissistic at all. You make assumptions based on what exactly? The fact that he's a bit slower in possession means he's trying to do things that benefit him? You could say Xavi has a narcissistic playing style as well then. Based on such things he feels a need to take at least 100 touches on the ball per game. Of course that doesen't mean anything but that's the kind of assumptions you're making.

--

Cesc has been brilliant. It's a slightly different style of football than the one you get with Xavi but it's a superior one in my opinion.

BerkeleyBernie

Ye, spare me the bullshit would you? It's called having a direct style of play, it's not narcissistic at all. You make assumptions based on what exactly? The fact that he's a bit slower in possession means he's trying to do things that benefit him? You could say Xavi has a narcissistic playing style as well then. Based on such things he feels a need to take at least 100 touches on the ball per game. Of course that doesen't mean anything but that's the kind of assumptions you're making.

--

Cesc has been brilliant. It's a slightly different style of football than the one you get with Xavi but it's a superior one in my opinion.

Quoting myself: "I finally put my finger on *what I don't like* about Cesc." Your opinion, obviously, is different, but I was stating why I personally don't like him as a Barça player. I'm a musician as well as a soccer player. There are musicians who blend in with a band seamlessly, where you feel the band rather than the individuals: the sum is greater than each individual part, which is a difficult skill to master. Then there are musicians, who may be extremely talented, but they kind of ride on top of the band, use the band as a backdrop. They see the band as a canvas, rather than themselves as part of that canvas as well. That kind of music is "valid," but it's far less interesting to me than a band that integrates seamlessly. Barça, at its best, plays football the way I like to play music. While other teams may have excellent teamwork, there is no other team quite like Barça in this way, a dedication to group fluidity. That is why there is sometimes "one pass too many," because players are tuned into the group dynamic and creating a goal as a unit. It's very difficult to switch midstream from that group focus to a more individual focus.

I don't question Cesc's talent. I just think he's still more outside the Barça flow than a part of it. It may yield some nice moments and goals, but it makes Barça less Barça.

Cule4life

The Culest
Quoting myself: "I finally put my finger on *what I don't like* about Cesc." Your opinion, obviously, is different, but I was stating why I personally don't like him as a Barça player. I'm a musician as well as a soccer player. There are musicians who blend in with a band seamlessly, where you feel the band rather than the individuals: the sum is greater than each individual part, which is a difficult skill to master. Then there are musicians, who may be extremely talented, but they kind of ride on top of the band, use the band as a backdrop. They see the band as a canvas, rather than themselves as part of that canvas as well. That kind of music is "valid," but it's far less interesting to me than a band that integrates seamlessly. Barça, at its best, plays football the way I like to play music. While other teams may have excellent teamwork, there is no other team quite like Barça in this way, a dedication to group fluidity. That is why there is sometimes "one pass too many," because players are tuned into the group dynamic and creating a goal as a unit. It's very difficult to switch midstream from that group focus to a more individual focus.

I don't question Cesc's talent. I just think he's still more outside the Barça flow than a part of it. It may yield some nice moments and goals, but it makes Barça less Barça.

:lol: As long as its better than the Barca that loses 7-0 i couldnt care less

Ender

He can be a prick at times, (on the potch, spitting, pizza throwing) but he is mostly a decent bloke.
O15Dtj6.gif

pEllee

Something tells me you're a big fan of Arigo Sacchi, am I right?

Fair point I guess, even though I disagree with it. The problem is, sometimes a system may seem perfect but it's actually flawed. Everyone agreed that Sacchis Milan was one of the best and most fluid teams ever. It still wasn't close to being the most succesful team ever.

Once you're obsessed with having a system perfect, you lose vital tactical flexibility. I think Cesc's style of play brings that.

You have to realise that Xavi has declined, a lot. There's no one to replace him, he's almost unique.

--
For instance, Sacchi's succes with Milan was something he never managed to repeat. He then went on to blame the fact that he could never really find the right players. They never quite understood his system. He simply wasn't flexible enough.

Why is still relevant to Barcelona? Well, it's the same kind of situation really. You talk of a perfect team, with a perfect group fluidity but that's just almost impossible to archive unless you have the right players

When Xavi and Iniesta are gone, are you going to keep on trying to play the same style or do you tweak it slightly? There's a reason why SAF was so successful over a long period of time and Sacchi was not.

I think it's time now, tweak the style of play and bring on Cesc. What Barcelona archived during 2008-2012 is something historical, yes. It's not going to be repeated for a long time. You may see teams winning as much, but not with a team with such fluid style. So why try to keep on playing the exact same style? Without the right players it's not going to work is it?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans