Cesc Fàbregas

Vapor

I do agree that he has slowed down his form a bit the past 2-3 games, even before he played false 9 yesterday. Just slightly, and he's still getting assists too.

I hope he pulls out his best against Celtic, with Messi gone we'll need Fabregas's brilliance combining with Neymar up front.

P

PhilS

Tata, Tito, Del Bosque and history show that you can trust Cesc at #9 at the top level. He put the game away with his assist yesterday. Just don't start him on the wing, and give him a free role.

CatalinR10

I don't like him in the false 9 position but I don't judge him anymore when he plays there since I know he is miles better in another position.

Truthist

Glad he got the winner but it also means more starts as a false no.9 which he simply isn't cut out for. The 20 minutes or so Neymar played there you could clearly see the difference.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Even Tata conceded that Neymar is better as a false 9...Cesc played well tonight but the team looked much more dangerous when Neymar drifted into the center...Brilliant header from Fabregas

barcanuck

He's great at times as false 9 but he isn't big enough to win all the headers and isn't fast enough to keep up with our wingers.

Hellsangel

Even Tata conceded that Neymar is better as a false 9...Cesc played well tonight but the team looked much more dangerous when Neymar drifted into the center...Brilliant header from Fabregas

He did? Good to hear that Tata isn't overly stubborn.

Great header by Cesc. :)

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't like Cesc as a false 9 either but in this game Neymar only looked better than him up there because at that point when Cesc got subbed off Celtic were throwing men forward to try and equalize. Not sure he would have done as well in the first half when Celtic packed the middle. Even Messi has to drop way too deep or escape to the right wing against such opponents.

Home of Barca Fans