Cesc Fàbregas

Devils

He does this every year, fantastic before Christmas and then goes to hell in the second half of the season.

Terrible habit, he's much better than this.

Superstar85

Not good enough to start for Barcelona, it's the position on the pitch most in need of an upgrade

But what position exactly though? Yesterday he played deeper yesterday, but on other occasions, he'll play as an attacking midfielder or a false 9 and that's why he'll always get a lot of playing time at any club because he's versatile (can play anywhere in the midfield) with an eye for picking out decisive passes & also scoring. His biggest problem is his speed (or the lack of it rather).

With that been said, he didn't have a very good game last night.

Superstar85

He does this every year, fantastic before Christmas and then goes to hell in the second half of the season.

Terrible habit, he's much better than this.

He's had few bad games here and there since January, but like the rest of the team. IMO his form the 2nd half of this season can't be compared to the 2nd half of last 2 seasons.

F

Flavia

But what position exactly though? Yesterday he played deeper yesterday, but on other occasions, he'll play as an attacking midfielder or a false 9 and that's why he'll always get a lot of playing time at any club because he's versatile (can play anywhere in the midfield) with an eye for picking out decisive passes & also scoring. His biggest problem is his speed (or the lack of it rather).

With that been said, he didn't have a very good game last night.

Cesc's best positions is Iniesta's, attacking midfielder. And Iniesta is a much better player. Andres had a bad 1st half of season and Cesc was great, now that changed. Also, Cesc can't dictate a game, he's not suited to play the "xavi-role". He's been useful when playing all 3 of them, so he can do what Xavi can't anymore, help in defense. But that costs a forward... Cesc still doesn't have a clear role, and Xavi has no suitable substitute. Getting cesc back, and ending up selling Thiago was a mistake. I wonder if another cm will come in the summer, and what will happen to Cesc.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cesc's best positions is Iniesta's, attacking midfielder. And Iniesta is a much better player. Andres had a bad 1st half of season and Cesc was great, now that changed. Also, Cesc can't dictate a game, he's not suited to play the "xavi-role". He's been useful when playing all 3 of them, so he can do what Xavi can't anymore, help in defense. But that costs a forward... Cesc still doesn't have a clear role, and Xavi has no suitable substitute. Getting cesc back, and ending up selling Thiago was a mistake. I wonder if another cm will come in the summer, and what will happen to Cesc.

I agree Flavia. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him. IMO another CM is a necessity, and on top of that you have the very probable return and significant inclusion in the team of Rafinha. Cesc's situation might get a little dicey.

H

Haruko The Goon

Cesc for CM. End of mate.

Busquets with Cesc to his right and Iniesta to his left.

Neymar for LW, Messi for RW (Inferior) and a new CF should be signed.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree Flavia. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him. IMO another CM is a necessity, and on top of that you have the very probable return and significant inclusion in the team of Rafinha. Cesc's situation might get a little dicey.

Agree with both of you...Would love it if United came back in hard for him this summer

FiReFTW

Cesc for CM. End of mate.

Busquets with Cesc to his right and Iniesta to his left.

Neymar for LW, Messi for RW (Inferior) and a new CF should be signed.

Are you on crack or what are you smoking? Cesc is not suited for that role, he is TOOOOO damn slow, hes lika a snail, also his football IQ and speed of thought is far behind Xavi who is always 3 steps ahead. Against shit teams Cesc might work ( where he has TON of space and time ), but against stronger teams who press more and offer less space and time Cesc is lost because he is too damn slow, can't dribble and before he thinks about the best move its already too late to execute it.

Iniesta and Xavi are lightyears ahead of him and Cesc will never be able to come close to them, and since we don't even have the role Cesc is best suited at because we play a different system Cesc is not even good enough to be a starter in the future in the midfield, unless we want our midfield to be sh*t. Wake up and smell the roses and ralize that Cesc is not good enough to play in the midfield and certainly not with Iniesta (who goes forward and attacks just like Cesc does).

He doesn't suit us at all, the only reason we got him was because he is Barca school, it was a big mistake sadly... and I also realize we won't be selling him even tho he doesn't suit us at all, he has no role at all.. he just plays wherever the coach tells him to play. Tell me 1 game against a great team where Cesc dominated the game and orchestrated the attacks and lead the team, he is nothing like Xavi so that role is out of the question, and he is a much worse player than Iniesta is so he doesn't have a place in Iniesta's spot either. When will people realize...

Paganinisrvnge

Is it me or has this discussion happened every year since he got here? First everyone praises him and talks about his great passing and underrated goalscoring ability. Then he goes through a patch of poor form in the 2nd half of the season and everyone says we need to sell him ASAP. I think Cesc can work but it's just a matter of finding the perfect system. I hope this is Xavi's last season playing a lot of matches as he just doesn't have the stamina anymore. When Xavi plays too much he plays poorly and slows down our game with his exaggerated conservativeness.

If it weren't for Tito's foolish and selfish obsession with playing the same 11 every match then we would've kept Thiago and been able to keep both Xavi and Iniesta fresh for the big matches while getting plenty of minutes to Cesc and Thiago. Ideally, the 2014/15 season would've seen Thiago get a little bit more minutes than Xavi as he takes his role.

FiReFTW

Is it me or has this discussion happened every year since he got here? First everyone praises him and talks about his great passing and underrated goalscoring ability. Then he goes through a patch of poor form in the 2nd half of the season and everyone says we need to sell him ASAP. I think Cesc can work but it's just a matter of finding the perfect system. I hope this is Xavi's last season playing a lot of matches as he just doesn't have the stamina anymore. When Xavi plays too much he plays poorly and slows down our game with his exaggerated conservativeness.

If it weren't for Tito's foolish and selfish obsession with playing the same 11 every match then we would've kept Thiago and been able to keep both Xavi and Iniesta fresh for the big matches while getting plenty of minutes to Cesc and Thiago. Ideally, the 2014/15 season would've seen Thiago get a little bit more minutes than Xavi as he takes his role.

Maybe some, but I have always claimed such a view, Cesc simply doesn't have a place here unless we alter our formation and play style completely. He can't fill Xavi's role and Iniesta is far better than Cesc is in the other midfield role, he can't fill Busquet's role or Messi's role. So what can he fill and make his own?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Jesus Christ! Every time the guy plays well, the fans praise him. If he has just one shit game, then it's back on the OMG Sell Cesc train. Fabregas will most probably stay at Barca for years to come whether we like it or not.

DinhoR10

We can only hope that Rafinha lives up to the hype.

Home of Barca Fans