Cesc Fàbregas

Armando929

Cesc is going nowhere... Get it through your heads people. He's here to stay and when Xavi retires, Iniesta will move into the deep lying playmaker role and partner with Cesc.

Gundogan is not coming either, and Cesc would not play for Man United if he was to go back to the EPL, just Arsenal. He's made that clear.

Love it or hate it, he's here to stay.

barcanuck

Jesus Christ! Every time the guy plays well, the fans praise him. If he has just one shit game, then it's back on the OMG Sell Cesc train. Fabregas will most probably stay at Barca for years to come whether we like it or not.

No kidding eh. I just don't like his whiney attitude and how lazy he appears on the pitch. Seriously how does a guy that skinny not run faster than Sol campbell.

Anyway, he has been played in all sorts of positions and is a good utility to have.

H

Haruko The Goon

Is it me or has this discussion happened every year since he got here? First everyone praises him and talks about his great passing and underrated goalscoring ability. Then he goes through a patch of poor form in the 2nd half of the season and everyone says we need to sell him ASAP. I think Cesc can work but it's just a matter of finding the perfect system. I hope this is Xavi's last season playing a lot of matches as he just doesn't have the stamina anymore. When Xavi plays too much he plays poorly and slows down our game with his exaggerated conservativeness.

If it weren't for Tito's foolish and selfish obsession with playing the same 11 every match then we would've kept Thiago and been able to keep both Xavi and Iniesta fresh for the big matches while getting plenty of minutes to Cesc and Thiago. Ideally, the 2014/15 season would've seen Thiago get a little bit more minutes than Xavi as he takes his role.

Performed wonders in the Premiership as a CM.

FC B

Jesus Christ! Every time the guy plays well, the fans praise him. If he has just one shit game, then it's back on the OMG Sell Cesc train. Fabregas will most probably stay at Barca for years to come whether we like it or not.

His situation resembles a bit to the Alexis one. They play well some matches and in others they play bad or really poor, it is quite a contrast between those. It is clear some players need to go in the summer break and strong reinforcements must arrive in order to improve the output of the squad overall. Most super powers get stronger and stronger and so must we especially after a few years of bad management decisions like we've had.

ebieymjunior

His situation resembles a bit to the Alexis one. They play well some matches and in others they play bad or really poor, it is quite a contrast between those. It is clear some players need to go in the summer break and strong reinforcements must arrive in order to improve the output of the squad overall. Most super powers get stronger and stronger and so must we especially after a few years of bad management decisions like we've had.

The most likely ones to go at the end of the season are Alves, Mascherano and Song. In 2015 probably Adriano and Sanches. Cesc could stay for a season after that.

FC B

Yep those are the rumors but imo it is uncertain exactly who might leave first. They said Alves would go the previous season too and there he is scoring in CL :) I hope he stays.

Mascherano should take Song's place, Adriano is fine as a sub and Alexis is ok as a sub in big matches or we should profit from the offers he constantly gets and make some good money. Though it is not easy to replace him with a new player but there Pedro can play, even Neymar :tata1: and also Deulofeu might return. Cesc is still good to stay for the moment.

Superstar85

Cesc is the best attacking midfielder barca has (and top 5 in europe according to stats).
Iniesta is not what i'll consider an attacking midfielder, he's not really the typical central midfielder either, he's a hybrid of both if i can use that term. He controls possession very well with his amazing dribbling skills, but he is not decisive enough (key passes + assists + goals), certainly not as decisive as Cesc.
Cesc can't dribble like Iniesta and isn't as fast as Iniesta, but he goes for those key (foward) passes more often, finds himself in goal scoring situations more often, scores more and assist's more than Iniesta. He also executes long crosses better and is a better defensively than both Iniesta and Xavi.
Last time i checked, you need goals to win games.

Also, the 4 man midfield works very well for Barca in keeping possession (especially against big teams). But in this 4 man midfield (though Iniesta is positionned on the left wing, he stays in the middle more often like he does with the spanish NT), Cesc does more of the dirty work and will look invisible to some if he doesn't have a goal or an assist at the end of the game, regardless of how many balls he might have retrieved from the other team and how he also participted in the midfield domination. I think Tata will continue with this 4 man midfield in the CL.

SeloBarca

Problem is we dont need a player that is a Little of both Xavi and Iniesta.

Iniesta and Xavi complement eachother so well covering eachothers weaknesses. And their the best in the World at what they do best.
Iniesta pulling players to him and opening up space for others, aswell as beeing fast at teqnical enough to often get past his man 1v1.
Xavi is the best playmaker there is, he has more then twice the passes of any other player in the field, every game, and at an extremly high accuracy %. He dictates the game and is the main distibutor of the team.

Fabregas is maybe 50% of those skills put together, but that still only makes him 50% as good as Xavi and Iniesta together.

Ever time Cesc plays, his skills is already 50% cowered by either Iniesta or Xavi. Or 100% if they all play together.

Cesc is a good player, but not good enough to be a starter. And i doubt Cesc wants to be a benchwarmer.

lostchild

i honestly believe that if he was quicker, a lot quicker, he would be able to show a lot more.

too bad that he suffers from the Pique'Syndrome which makes you move like a 80 year old when your'e only 26.

Ursegor

World Champion
Cesc is the best attacking midfielder barca has (and top 5 in europe according to stats).
Iniesta is not what i'll consider an attacking midfielder, he's not really the typical central midfielder either, he's a hybrid of both if i can use that term. He controls possession very well with his amazing dribbling skills, but he is not decisive enough (key passes + assists + goals), certainly not as decisive as Cesc.
Cesc can't dribble like Iniesta and isn't as fast as Iniesta, but he goes for those key (foward) passes more often, finds himself in goal scoring situations more often, scores more and assist's more than Iniesta. He also executes long crosses better and is a better defensively than both Iniesta and Xavi.
Last time i checked, you need goals to win games.

Your statistics are meaningless. A more detailed look reveals why.

Opponents Iniesta scored or assisted against this season:

Real Madrid home
Real Madrid away
Sevilla away
AC Milan away
Manchester City home (his throughball in the away game got Demichelis sent off as well)

Opponents Fabregas scored or assisted against this season:

2 assists in a 7-0 blowout of Levante
2 goals and 1 assist against Real Betis
1 goal and 1 assist against Granada
2 goals and 1 assist against Getafe
1 goal and 1 assist away to Rayo Vallecano
2 assists in a 6-0 blowout of Rayo Vallecano in Camp Nou
1 goal against Celta Vigo
1 goal against Celtic in the group stages

8 assists and 8 goals against the bottom half La Liga teams and the bottom team of our Champions League group.

One player is decisive against the best teams. The other is statpadding against scrubs which can be easily beaten without him as well. Find out who.

I've gone back and forth what to make of Cesc for a long time. Some of his monster games against scrubs can be truly deceiving. But I see the light now. He's completely inadequate to dictate play alongside Iniesta and he is not even half the player that Iniesta is to replace him. One of the worst political purchases of all time. Sell him to Moysie for 60 million Euros, they must be desperate enough right now. If Scrubtomeu isn't lying about "up to 120 million Euros" stretch this entire budget in addition to that and build a proper squad. You know, with actual defenders and all that stuff. smh

FiReFTW

Ursegor you are right but Cesc isn't going anywhere... they just won't sell him because he is from Barca youth... its sad really it is.

lostchild

Ursegor you are right but Cesc isn't going anywhere... they just won't sell him because he is from Barca youth... its sad really it is.

its not because he's barca youth
its because they did all that romantic/kitch/dramatic "cesc is coming home" crap, and obviously the amount of money after we clearly had enough players in midfield. if it wasnt for Fabregas, Thiago would have gotten his spot in the rotation and played more and maybe even get a regular starting spot in the future.

they just cant let go of him after all that fuzz they did few years ago.

but oh well.
i'm starting to see the same thing with Neymar, and god i hope im wrong.

Stric

Cesc is bad and the only reason we're keeping him is because of the romantic coming-gome saga.

OK, enough internet for today. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans