Cesc Fàbregas

Kerrybai

Yaya Toure is the best Attacking Midfielder in the world. Iniesta has the skills, and the ball control. Yaya makes telling input game after game and is more consistent.

Iniesta scores big goals though. CL semi vs Chelsea, vs Real last week, vs Holland in WC final.

Yaya is a great player but Iniesta is far beyond him, he's up there with Zidane imo. Yaya scores more goals but doesn't offer the same ability to drag players out of position and find space in between the lines.

Goals and assist's are not everything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yaya Toure is the best Attacking Midfielder in the world. Iniesta has the skills, and the ball control. Yaya makes telling input game after game and is more consistent.

Iniesta scores big goals though. CL semi vs Chelsea, vs Real last week, vs Holland in WC final.

You're just THE anglophile :lol:

Yaya is a great player, but he is not even close to the Don who is by far the best attacking midfielder in the world and already an ATG.

FC B

I agree. I like Cesc, but he's far from really shining for Barça.

btw, welcome back, Ursegor. Hope you don't leave again :)

It is in the same situation of Alexis execpt that the chilean played better than Cesc the first part of the season, now both play under par for Barca's standards. I think they need more time to get back to their peak form or really considered for transfering...

Though Tata made them both play well up until 2014 winter break... don't know what happened to them except Messi came back and they might have lost privileges and authority on the pitch and surely form some reason confidence in themselves.

It is in the same situation of Alexis execpt that the chilean played better than Cesc the first part of the season, now both play under par for Barca's standards. I think they need more time to get back to their peak form or really considered for transfering...

Though Tata made them both play well up until 2014 winter break... don't know what happened to them except Messi came back and they might have lost privileges and authority on the pitch and surely form some reason confidence in themselves.

No team has all their players in form at all times. If you go back to the first half of the season iniesta was the one who was being questioned. Not to the point of selling him like some of you are saying for fabregas, which is ridiculous. Fabregas was arguably our best attacking player in the first half of the season. It's amazing how fickle some of you are.

dmode

This forum is just sad, when people just jump on whoever is having rough patch for the moment. Alexis, Pedro, Neymar, Valdes, Xavi and even Messi have been "sold" on this forum multiple times every year. Just a quick reminder, that Cesc has 16 assists and 13 goals this year. And this is pretty consistent with his record every year. Barca is not in competition in the league, cup, and champions league by miracle. It is because Cesc stepped up when Iniesta was injured and in poor form in the first half of the season. A player doesn't remain on top of assists every year, with different teams by accident. Cesc is pure quality and a world class midfielder for both club and country.

F

Flavia

This forum is just sad, when people just jump on whoever is having rough patch for the moment. Alexis, Pedro, Neymar, Valdes, Xavi and even Messi have been "sold" on this forum multiple times every year. Just a quick reminder, that Cesc has 16 assists and 13 goals this year. And this is pretty consistent with his record every year. Barca is not in competition in the league, cup, and champions league by miracle. It is because Cesc stepped up when Iniesta was injured and in poor form in the first half of the season. A player doesn't remain on top of assists every year, with different teams by accident. Cesc is pure quality and a world class midfielder for both club and country.

Cesc has a "rough patch" every second half of the season. The game now vs espanyol is a good example. He's been invisible. I just remember one good defensive action, and one pass. He can and should do more, but he's not doing it. This is a game that matters, and he was the worst player in the 1st half. Let's see if he improves in the 2nd.

serghei

@Flavia, I agree. He's been the one midfielder that hasn't been clicking today. The rest look all right to me.

F

Flavia

He played a bit better after Iniesta got on. Still, the midfield was not creative today, and he was the AM.
This 2nd half of the season curse is annoying. He should see an exorcist or something.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think it's safe to say that his syndrome has kicked in in full strength... I agree with Flavia, he should pay a visit to some witch doctor, shaman or something...

abual3bed1

It looks like he gives everything in the 1st half of the season then runs out of gas to finish the season well. Strange thing from an EPL player where they play non-stop.

Ritchie

Has far too many games where he has a poor game. He's just not good enough for Barca. Far too inconsistent.

We should look to move him on for a big fee in the summer to help rebuild.

Home of Barca Fans