Cesc Fàbregas

Djab

Dafaq!? He had some moments of brilliance and some moments of brainfarts. This much criticising is overreacting, big time. If it was not For Neymar and Messi ( his backheel for Messi in the second half ) he could have two assists.

And it's not fair to compare him to Iniesta as Andres is the world's best at what he does. It's like comparing CR to Messi. Fabregas has undisputed skills and is really gifted, but when you are comparing him to Andres and saying he's shit, crapregas, etc you're not doing fair.

Iniesta is a sort of once in 20 years players and when he retires I really can't see what you will say about the succesor who clearly will not be as good as him.

F

Flavia

Dafaq!? He had some moments of brilliance and some moments of brainfarts. This much criticising is overreacting, big time. If it was not For Neymar and Messi ( his backheel for Messi in the second half ) he could have two assists.

And it's not fair to compare him to Iniesta as Andres is the world's best at what he does. It's like comparing CR to Messi. Fabregas has undisputed skills and is really gifted, but when you are comparing him to Andres and saying he's shit, crapregas, etc you're not doing fair.

Iniesta is a sort of once in 20 years players and when he retires I really can't see what you will say about the succesor who clearly will not be as good as him.

I am comparing him to his 1st half of the season self, there's really no comparison to be made between Cesc and Iniesta.
3rd season in a row this happens, he has to sort it out.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The treble is clearly on as predicted so I'm back. :VdB:

The return of Ursegor :worthy:... PS where is that Observer/Ursegor megadebate that we all secretly wish for.

Cesc has some brilliant qualities, but is limited in his impact and can't even be compared to Iniesta. Cesc has amazing vision and the tendency to pop up in goalscoring positions every now and then. That's really it, all the rest of it is fairly average. Iniesta on the other hand is exceptional in: ball control, dribbling, balance, linkup, movement, positional awareness (huge advantage over Cesc), intelligence, teammate connection, and the list goes on for a while.

There's no issue in playing Cesc as he doesn't deteriorate our game but in a nutshell, his impact is in statistics/direct attacking play and not in improving the team as a whole. An 'elite' Barca midfielder has that mold, they improve/support the team as a tactical unit rather than simply being a good individual. Cesc is a very useful player for us but he is what he is: a weapon, too limited to have a role in which the team is built around him. I'd never sell Cesc but I don't think he has the right mold to be considered as someone who holds down a position just for himself for years to come (unless we have an even more massive drift away from Barca's tactical system)

jamrock

you sell cesc in a heart beat for the right price, and do whatever with the money

buy a players that fits the system better
pay down debts
help build the stadium

whatever, because we will get at least 45m for him

BerkeleyBernie

Look, today's game suffered from a crappy pitch and Espanyol playing hacki hacka and the ref refusing to do anything about it. That said, the two players who are the worst at responding to such conditions are Cesc and Neymar. Having both of them on the field made a poor situation worse. Xavi and Busquets did an excellent job settling the game and controlling the mid, but the game was missing Iniesta to complete the net.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Look, today's game suffered from a crappy pitch and Espanyol playing hacki hacka and the ref refusing to do anything about it. That said, the two players who are the worst at responding to such conditions are Cesc and Neymar. Having both of them on the field made a poor situation worse. Xavi and Busquets did an excellent job settling the game and controlling the mid, but the game was missing Iniesta to complete the net.

Clos Gomez take a bow

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Truly a class player when he is on form, it's just too bad that it only happens in the first half of the season. He should really lay off the tapas.

Home of Barca Fans