Cesc Fàbregas

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
he's had some great games for us, but the majority hasn't been up to barca standard - he just doesn't fit in, wouldn't cry if we sold him - but that will never happen

Vapor

I was really hoping that this would be the year that he breaks out of his terrible end-season habit and come through for us in important times. Alas, whatever is blocking him so badly in the business end of the season still hovers over him like the cloud on the smelly kid in charlie brown.

He's one of my favorite players at his best, but he has been so far off of his best for so long now (since January), it is just extremely disappointing. No, he'll never be super fast or have super great ball control, but when he players with poise and confidence, his movement and his vision and his passing and everything is SO much better. In his current state he offers virtually nothing. And he gets into this current state at least once a season - for half the season. Really is a shame, I don't know WHAT it is.

Afro

Unfortunately for Cesc he's playing in a Barca dominated by Xavi and Iniesta. If there was a way of integrating him into the team effectively I'm sure it would've been found by now, surely?

As for all the false 9 comments, it is worth noting that Spain won Euro 2012 with him at CF. Just sayin'.

CatalinR10

As for all the false 9 comments, it is worth noting that Spain won Euro 2012 with him at CF. Just sayin'.

So....it doesn't matter that Cesc as a false 9 doesn't work , especially against big teams , for like what....the 3'rd fucking season in a row ? But we should just keep playing him there because dooh.... Spain won the euro with him at that position.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
For all the people criticizing Cesc for his performance (i.e. all the people), can you answer me this question: why did we look no better when Cesc came off and we switched to the 4-3-3?

xxxxxx

For all the people criticizing Cesc for his performance (i.e. all the people), can you answer me this question: why did we look no better when Cesc came off and we switched to the 4-3-3?

Because the bench is equally worse? Also, a clueless manager telling the players what to do?

JamDav1982

why did we play flawless in the first leg as soon as he came off ?

Partly because Iniesta played a lot better than him and partly because team was a lot more balanced with Neymar wide left and Sanchez wide right.

Had Iniesta been on the left he would never have made the run that Neymar did to score the first goal. Neymar and Sanchez helped stretch the Atletico defence.

Superstar85

They actually looked worse after he went out imo, but maybe that was due to the fact that Alexis did nothing (Pedro too when he came in)

Home of Barca Fans