Cesc Fàbregas

CatalinR10

I couldn't watch the first leg, but I watched today, I watched the Clasico, I watched most big games, and we appeared no better when Cesc came off and the formation changed.

:lol:

In the first leg we played shit during the time Cesc was on the field but as soon as he came out we looked like we could trash Bayern.

Afro

So....it doesn't matter that Cesc as a false 9 doesn't work , especially against big teams , for like what....the 3'rd fucking season in a row ? But we should just keep playing him there because dooh.... Spain won the euro with him at that position.

I never said we should continue using him in that position. It's abundantly clear that in the current system Cesc at CF is never going to work. However, change the system in the not too distant future and he has shown before that he can be an integral part of a winning team in that position at the highest level.

FWIW I feel there are a wide variety of better options both on a tactical level and player-wise than Cesc, but I thought I'd stick up for him considering someone previously wanted both his legs broken, whilst another referred to him as cancer. Grim.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I hate to say it but even I'm doubting cesc now. Maybe it's better to get money out of him while we still can.

He will probably stay though.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's sad because I think he's a great player and was really excited to see him come here. I really wanted him to do well and he has kind of. He was unfairly criticised and I tried to defend him.

But you can't overlook he just has no place in the team with our tactics. He has good games in midfield but you can't play him ahead of iniesta. Unless he plays instead of Xavi?

CatalinR10

OK, one game, cool. A lot of evidence there.

a6xlf.jpg

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'm sorry, but as much as I love all of you guys I don't consider popular opinion on this forum to be indicative of anything, certainly not the MOTM thread.

XaviMessiGirl

It's sad because I think he's a great player and was really excited to see him come here. I really wanted him to do well and he has kind of. He was unfairly criticised and I tried to defend him.

But you can't overlook he just has no place in the team with our tactics. He has good games in midfield but you can't play him ahead of iniesta. Unless he plays instead of Xavi?

I was another one who was really excited for him to come here, I liked him a lot at Arsenal and I thought he'd do well for us, I bought his shirt, etc. I "gave up" earlier than you, but yeah, I was defending him and trying to find positives about him for a long time. I just don't understand the whole "I suck the entire second half of the season" disease he seems to have every year since he joined.

impeh

Hi, its me..
I like Cesc as a player. I think he suits the game tata wants/tried to play earlier on in the season (when he was used more as a midfielder), but the team cant be more open with this defense or without being heavily criticized for not having so much of the ball.

I think he'll stay, with xavi getting older and the club finally -hopefully- being able to bring in a couple of defenders.. it may bring the best out of him.

:detective:

mazp

He can leave. Does not fit, slow and disappears during the second half of the season(again) Arsenal fans want him back, they can have him, don't know why though, it's not like they were winning things with him...

karthik

I have mixed feelings towards Cesc. While he cannot play tiki taka in a rapid manner like Xavi or Iniesta, he is much better than them in bringing goals and assists from central midfield. Our Sporting project that started with Pep in 2008 is now over. Players need a fresh approach. An approach that can benefit the future key members of the team including Cesc and Neymar.

He is amongst some of the best final ball providers in the world. It is just at Barcelona he has no one to provide the final ball on a regular basis.

Home of Barca Fans