Cesc Fàbregas

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Oh yeah. If we change how we play then I want him to stay obviously. He is a brilliant player used right but he is just out of place ATM.

We won't change how we play though and we'll keep cesc in a system which doesn't suit him, just because he was a big money signing.

Irish_Cules

His 2nd half of the season slumps are not acceptable and his future at the club does have to be in question. However, the fact remains that he has once again been thrown into the team without a clear role in order to accommodate Xavi. If we played a midfield of Busi-Cesc-Iniesta in these last couple of months and he underperformed then I'd have no doubts that he'd have to be sold. I know he has played games in midfield and still played poor but the poor form tends to begin once we get to the big games in the 2nd half of the season and try to shove him into the team along with all the other big names. Just when he appears to be getting sure of his role in the team he becomes lost again and when he returns to a normal midfield role he is already in a run of bad form/low confidence. He still should be playing much better but he hasn't been handled well by managers at this club....either play him in midfield with three attackers in front of him or dont play him at all.

Last edited:

Galning

His 2nd season slumps are not acceptable and his future at the club does have to be in question. However, the fact remains that he has once again been thrown into the team without a clear role in order to accommodate Xavi. If we played a midfield of Busi-Cesc-Iniesta in these last couple of months and he underperformed then I'd have no doubts that he'd have to be sold. I know he has played games in midfield and still played poor but the poor form tends to begin once we get to the big games in the 2nd half of the season and try to shove him into the team along with all the other big names. Just when he appears to be getting sure of his role in the team he becomes lost again and when he returns to a normal midfield role he is already in a run of bad form/low confidence. He still should be playing much better but he hasn't been handled well by managers at this club....either play him in midfield with three attackers in front of him or dont play him at all.

I completely agree.

DB10

He can leave. Does not fit, slow and disappears during the second half of the season(again) Arsenal fans want him back, they can have him, don't know why though, it's not like they were winning things with him...

If Cesc is a 'problem' or conundrum for Barca, Arsenal have their own in Wilshere. Though it would be great to have him back I just don't see a place for him.

xxxxxx

If we sort out this transfer ban, more than likely he'll be sold.

He just doesn't have a full season of him performing to his talent. If we get 35m to 40m for him, he'll be sold.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If we sort out this transfer ban, more than likely he'll be sold.

He just doesn't have a full season of him performing to his talent. If we get 35m to 40m for him, he'll be sold.

I don't think so, they had opportunity to sell him last season and they didn't do it because they know that it would be hard to find a replacement even if you have a lot of money.

xxxxxx

I don't think so, they had opportunity to sell him last season and they didn't do it because they know that it would be hard to find a replacement even if you have a lot of money.

Maybe so, but Cesc is only 26 (nearly 27), so we could get about 35m for him. He still has the potential to be a world class midfielder. I just don't think he fits in at Barcelona half the time.

L

linetty

It's the second part of the season curse...He was outstanding in the first half of the season! We need a coach that can get the best out of him throughout the whole season.

Andrew M

I'm sick of seeing play in a position that require great acceleration. Sometimes I feel like he is a dodgy Arsenal gene.

He is just not exacting with possession.

Alarcón

It's the second part of the season curse...He was outstanding in the first half of the season! We need a coach that can get the best out of him throughout the whole season.

He was never outstanding in any big game and it's painfully obvious that he doesn't suit our style of play. Even Fàbregas at his very best wouldn't have made any kind of impact yesterday.

Armando929

We need a striker up top to get the best out of Cesc.

The false 9 experiment doesn't work anymore now that teams park the bus against us.

But are these changes the management staff are willing to make?

Stric

Iniesta - Busquets - Cesc worked fine many times this season. Using Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc at the same time is what's creating the problem.

Home of Barca Fans