Cesc Fàbregas

Kerrybai

It's not fair to say that Cesc is a bad player. For 3 seasons he has contributed significantly from August to December. This form he hits in the second half of the season is just not good enough though, I would let him go for 35 million.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's not fair to say that Cesc is a bad player. For 3 seasons he has contributed significantly from August to December. This form he hits in the second half of the season is just not good enough though, I would let him go for 35 million.

The thing is that we don't win any major titles from August to December... And I guess it'd be ok if it happened just this season, but three seasons in a row is worrying to say the least...

It's perplexing that in the seasons he's been here, he has played almost every single important match despite his obvious poor form... Something's not right, something bigger than Cesc is not working at the club...

BerkeleyBernie

Dries Mertens, straight swap for Cesc.

Got speed, can dribble, vision, quick thinking, passing, play wing or center, can cross, draws fouls, and can shoot, including belters from outside the box.

I

instinct

Sometimes I am just angry about a player and say that I want him out but I NEVER had this feeling with Cesc.

IMO he is a world-class player, he showed in at Arsenal and in the NT. And he showed it in Barcelona.

I can remember that so many users here praised him in the first half of the season because he was a BEAST. He scored goals and made lots of assist. His through-balls were excellent.

In 2014 his performance has declined but almost every player has declined since New Year. I don't think that his recent performances have something to do with his lack of quality. I think that a player like him needs space to deliver his passes and tbh every player struggles against parked busses in this team.

I am 100% sure that he would be one of the best in this team if Tata/a new manager would try to include him in the team correctly. His favourite position is the 10 which is occupied by Messi. I'd rather play him right behind Messi instead of in the deep centre because the more close he is to the opponent's goal the more he will deliver his fantastic passes.

His speed is surely a problem but tbh he is not that much slower than Xavi or Iniesta.

I fully believe in him. I feel sad for him because he receives so much hate though players like Messi, Xavi and Busquets don't show their best in some games either.

BerkeleyBernie

I am 100% sure that he would be one of the best in this team if Tata/a new manager would try to include him in the team correctly. His favourite position is the 10 which is occupied by Messi. I'd rather play him right behind Messi instead of in the deep centre because the more close he is to the opponent's goal the more he will deliver his fantastic passes.

Problem is that there is no use for Cesc on the team as long as Messi plays CF/False 9. Messi wants ball at feet so he can run at defenders. He no longer makes runs for throughballs or balls over the top (assuming there is space). The players making the runs are the wide forwards.

Messi wants to play in the center, but doesn't want to play as a #9, he wants to roam. I think the best hope for Barça is to put a #9 in front of Messi, which means reserving a midfield spot for Messi in the 4-3-3, or switching to a 4-2-3-1.

Unfortunately, to build a team around Messi, Cesc and Neymar were the wrong players to buy.

Home of Barca Fans