Cesc Fàbregas

Superstar85

So will he once again be blamed for tonight's defeat? Barca clearly lost because they couldn't score (despite having all the possession and goal occasions) and once again had defensive issues

Edit : Between, tough day for possession football. First Bayern, now Barca

F

Flavia

So will he once again be blamed for tonight's defeat? Barca clearly lost because they couldn't score (despite having all the possession and goal occasions) and once again had defensive issues

He's not playing well, regardless. Most players aren't, though.

Superstar85

No. Because he has about 5-6 good performances each season. And all of them in the begining against no-names. Gets found out EVERY SINGLE SEASON the moment it gets tough.

5 or 6??? I thought he played well through out the 1st half of the season and then played badly the 2nd half...
Which is it exactly???

F

Flavia

seriously though, whatelse do you think he could have done in today's game (other than scoring offcourse, cause that goes without saying)?

The way the team was setup up, there wasn't much to do. Not the time to rotate. But he didn't try any of his famous passes. He's really in a horrible form right now.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The way the team was setup up, there wasn't much to do. Not the time to rotate. But he didn't try any of his famous passes. He's really in a horrible form right now.

Not the time to rotate? The only rotation today was Xavi and with Copa final next week it was obvious he was going to be rested... We had no CBs, so Busquets had to become a makeshift one, then Song had to be DM... The rest of the team was usual Barca, and if we can't count on our bench to beat Granada then there's something bigger to be worried about than rotations...

F

Flavia

Not the time to rotate? The only rotation today was Xavi and with Copa final next week it was obvious he was going to be rested... We had no CBs, so Busquets had to become a makeshift one, then Song had to be DM... The rest of the team was usual Barca, and if we can't count on our bench to beat Granada then there's something bigger to be worried about than rotations...

I was talking about Montoya(who had a great game anyway), Adriano. That was the first time that back 4 played together. No wonder it was a mess. Busi also should had never played cb. he was poor. all he got was a 10th yellow, and a suspension for the next game.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I was talking about Montoya(who had a great game anyway), Adriano. That was the first time that back 4 played together. No wonder it was a mess. Busi also should had never played cb. he was poor. all he got was a 10th yellow, and a suspension for the next game.

But what other option did we have? Adriano CB and Alba LB? Song CB? Both options are as scary as Busi as CB... And my point still remains, if we can't trust our bench to rise up to the challenge, then what are we doing? Ridiculous expectations aside, our bench should be able to handle Granada, especially if our starting eleven still includes players like Cesc, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Pedro/Alexis...

F

Flavia

But what other option did we have? Adriano CB and Alba LB? Song CB? Both options are as scary as Busi as CB... And my point still remains, if we can't trust our bench to rise up to the challenge, then what are we doing? Ridiculous expectations aside, our bench should be able to handle Granada, especially if our starting eleven still includes players like Cesc, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Pedro/Alexis...

He wasn't using the bench, though. The betis match was a good opportunity to play montoya/adriano, and rest alves/alba. But right after all cb's are lost, he improvised a defence that had never played together before. To rest players for the cdr... ok then, mission accomplished. The cdr looks like the only title Barça can get now.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He wasn't using the bench, though. The betis match was a good opportunity to play montoya/adriano, and rest alves/alba. But right after all cb's are lost, he improvised a defence that had never played together before. To rest players for the cdr... ok then, mission accomplished. The cdr looks like the only title Barça can get now.

Ok, I can agree with that! :beer:

Home of Barca Fans