Cesc Fàbregas

JamDav1982

Seems hypocritical to always look at non-Barca players as superior when they do little things, and when someone on loan from Barca is doing well, it's being called overrating.

Rafinha is doing well but for me he is not showing to be at the level to replace Cesc.

It still remains to be seen if he is good enough to be a Barca regular.

DinhoR10

Seems hypocritical to always look at non-Barca players as superior when they do little things, and when someone on loan from Barca is doing well, it's being called overrating.
In the case of Sergi Roberto, anyone that watched him last season (even in the first team) saw that he was doing better than Thiago at times, which is not the case this season, for whatever reason.

Sergi has played well in his grand total of 200 minutes if you ask me, if you give a player only 200 mins he won't look amazing especially in the critical role of cm unless he runs past everyone and scores (Which he almost did against bayern btw) and thats not even what we want in a cm we need someone who makes good passes and makes tough tackles/ works hard he and rafinha have the hardwork/tough tackling thing equal but Sergi is a better passer while rafinha seems to be better at dribbling and long balls crosses etc although One has had a whole season and one has had a couple sub appearances so you can't really compare them.

Edit: I would also like to point out If Cesc comes on for Xavi i'd worry about counter attacks a little more but if Sergi comes on for Xavi I wouldn't worry much actually I might be a little more assured since he's better defensively.

ebieymjunior

Sergi has played well in his grand total of 200 minutes if you ask me, if you give a player only 200 mins he won't look amazing especially in the critical role of cm unless he runs past everyone and scores (Which he almost did against bayern btw) and thats not even what we want in a cm we need someone who makes good passes and makes tough tackles/ works hard he and rafinha have the hardwork/tough tackling thing equal but Sergi is a better passer while rafinha seems to be better at dribbling and long balls crosses etc although One has had a whole season and one has had a couple sub appearances so you can't really compare them.

Edit: I would also like to point out If Cesc comes on for Xavi i'd worry about counter attacks a little more but if Sergi comes on for Xavi I wouldn't worry much actually I might be a little more assured since he's better defensively.

Completely agree with you.
It seems everyone just looks at players in other teams, and totally overlook every single youth player, not knowing what brought them here and the work and sacrifice they made to get there.

Rafinha is doing well but for me he is not showing to be at the level to replace Cesc.

It still remains to be seen if he is good enough to be a Barca regular.

Can be said about every single youth player every, even Messi a few years ago! You have faith in them and make them grow. That's how you build a team, not by buying players in every position.

Last edited:

e28makaveli

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold Cesc and he turned out to be excellent for his new team.

... and that is exactly the point. He will be excellent for his new team because he is a quality player. The player has to be good first to excel in a team.

Losing him like some folks are advocating here is short-sightedness, really.

Same folks crying for his head complain about his lack of pace. They also say, he does not do good in tight spaces. Pace cannot be fixed but I will rather have a slow intelligent and quality player than one who runs like a chicken but with the head cut off.

And as for bad ball management under tight conditions, they should train hard to release quick and return that triangular support formation. It does wonders to help with tight space control.

Last edited:

e28makaveli

Good points.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pogba is a physical box to box player with much less technical ability, totally unsuited to Barca. We all saw how creative he was vs mighty Benfica right? Rafinha is a good young talent but not on Cesc's level. Still it's good to have him for next season as a rotation option.

People in here realise Cesc is a world class player right?

Don't agree with your assessment of Pogba, most times I've seen him he has outshined the much more hyped Vidal...Plus, even on the youth level, he has demonstrated his quality on the pitch - even against Spain...Far more potential with a player like this as well, he has an incredibly complete game already, IMHO, with room to grow...What better place to do that then here is my thinking

Cesc would fit better in a different squad/team as several of us have banged on about for some time now so for our purposes, Fabregas isn't anywhere near the world class level needed to play with this squad...He's absolutely quality but is a square peg for a round hole with this Barcelona team...Shame since it's clear he has great chemistry with Leo and is a better goalscorer than any of our midfielders or Alexis

barca1899

Despite rumours, Cesc didn't receive any offer. He doesn't plan to leave this summer and thinks Luis Enrique's style suits his game. [md]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm not saying Pogba is a bad player, I'm saying if you think Cesc is unsuited then Pogba is definitely unsuited to us.

anguy

IMO he has show absolutely nothing as A-Teamer. He was almost completely invisible even when he got the chance.

H

Haruko The Goon

This is what Barca should do.

Sell Fabregas to free up £35m, sell Song for £10m, Sell Afellay £12m
Buy Benatia for £25m. Get Oliver Torres for £15m, Go for Javi Martinez for £28m and Konoplyanka for £10m

Spent: 75m
Recovered: 47m

GK: Ter Stegen/?

DF: Bartra/Alves/Alba/Pique/Benatia/Montoya
DM: Busquets/Martinez/Mascherano
AM: Torres/Iniesta/Xavi
Wide players: Neymar/Sanchez/Konoplyanka/Pedro
ST: Messi/Tello

+ all the other players. Just like that, you'll become strong and solid again.

Egert

Estonian Culé
This is what Barca should do.

Sell Fabregas to free up £35m, sell Song for £10m, Sell Afellay £12m
Buy Benatia for £25m. Get Oliver Torres for £15m, Go for Javi Martinez for £28m and Konoplyanka for £10m

Spent: 75m
Recovered: 47m

GK: Ter Stegen/?

DF: Bartra/Alves/Alba/Pique/Benatia/Montoya
DM: Busquets/Martinez/Mascherano
AM: Torres/Iniesta/Xavi
Wide players: Neymar/Sanchez/Konoplyanka/Pedro
ST: Messi/Tello

+ all the other players. Just like that, you'll become strong and solid again.

I don't think we are going to sell Fabregas. And no rumors about us getting Konoplyanka. Tello already said he wants to leave.

H

Haruko The Goon

I know I know, this isn't something I think will happen based on rumours, it's what I think should happen.

DB10

As soon as Cesc is ripping it up for his new club you'll all be bitching to buy him back......again

A lot of fans suffer from 'shiny new thing' syndrome,myself included. Sometimes what you already have is pretty good.

Home of Barca Fans