Cesc Fàbregas

fcbdna

Banned
Swap deal bring Silva hear and get rid of this guy while we can please. . . I don't know what to say about this guy anymore!

Kohe321

Why? He was great today I think, one of the main reasons behind our chances in the first half. His through-balls are incredible, not his fault that everything stops and goes into syrup-mode in front of goal.

JamDav1982

Fabregas and Messi were Barcelona's best players in the first half in my opinion.

Cesc kept the ball well in tight areas and was trying to get the ball forward early to the wide players in particular.

No attacking player was all that good in the second half.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cesc had 3 bad giveaways that speak clearly why IMO he should not be played consistently in a deeper role. He is prone to making mistakes when pressured and today was an example.

That being said, he did not play badly in the first half when the team was playing better as a whole. He had a few nice attacking sequences and was involved in the play.

JamDav1982

Cesc had 3 bad giveaways that speak clearly why IMO he should not be played consistently in a deeper role. He is prone to making mistakes when pressured and today was an example.

That being said, he did not play badly in the first half when the team was playing better as a whole. He had a few nice attacking sequences and was involved in the play.

I dont think anyone wants Cesc to play in a deeper role though. Today Inieasta and Cesc played well together particularly in the first half.

As for him giving away ball - what are the three occasions? I can remember one when they broke. Also today as far as I can remember Busquets gave away the ball cheaply as did Messi and Iniesta and all led to breaks by Elche.

Cesc will give ball away more than Xavi clearly but he will create more chances as well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I dont think anyone wants Cesc to play in a deeper role though. Today Inieasta and Cesc played well together particularly in the first half.

As for him giving away ball - what are the three occasions? I can remember one when they broke. Also today as far as I can remember Busquets gave away the ball cheaply as did Messi and Iniesta and all led to breaks by Elche.

Cesc will give ball away more than Xavi clearly but he will create more chances as well.

He had two giveways in the first half when being pressured and the one in the second half that lead to the almost goal.

If Barca are going to play with a midfield of Cesc and Iniesta, then one of them has the play deeper and that one will most likely have to be Cesc. Iniesta is just a better overall player to force him deeper. Cesc in a deeper role concerns me because he does makes mistakes when pressured. This is not new and has been a thing with him forever.

Also, the difference between a deeper player giving away the ball as opposed to someone deep in the attacking third like Iniesta and Messi, is that when attacking players give up the ball, there is backup to press and defend. When a deep player gives the ball, it leaves the team totally exposed defensively.

JamDav1982

He had two giveways in the first half when being pressured and the one in the second half that lead to the almost goal.

If Barca are going to play with a midfield of Cesc and Iniesta, then one of them has the play deeper and that one will most likely have to be Cesc. Iniesta is just a better overall player to force him deeper. Cesc in a deeper role concerns me because he does makes mistakes when pressured. This is not new and has been a thing with him forever.

Also, the difference between a deeper player giving away the ball as opposed to someone deep in the attacking third like Iniesta and Messi, is that when attacking players give up the ball, there is backup to press and defend. When a deep player gives the ball, it leaves the team totally exposed defensively.

Iniesta, Messi and Busquets all gave away the ball when pressure also.

I have just watched the highlights of the game again just now and almost every Barcelona attack Cesc played a part in. He got on the ball more than Iniesta and got into the final third more.

He did not play in a deep role today he played further forward than Iniesta.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Iniesta, Messi and Busquets all gave away the ball when pressure also.

I have just watched the highlights of the game again just now and almost every Barcelona attack Cesc played a part in. He got on the ball more than Iniesta and got into the final third more.

He did not play in a deep role today he played further forward than Iniesta.

Iniesta and Messi giving the up the ball is not bad because they usually do it attempting to make a incisive attack. Busquets giving up the ball is bad, but he rarely does it when he's playing well.

Cesc gave up 2 balls deep today in the first half, the last one that lead to the almost goal counter he was more advanced. Those 2 giveaways deep are just further evidence why I don't like him if he's going to play Xavi's role.

Both of them played pretty advanced today, but IMO this won't work long term. One needs to be the deeper midfielder, to cover for the other, and I'm not sure if I like Iniesta being the deeper one either.

JamDav1982

Iniesta and Messi giving the up the ball is not bad because they usually do it attempting to make a incisive attack. Busquets giving up the ball is bad, but he rarely does it when he's playing well.

Cesc gave up 2 balls deep today in the first half, the last one that lead to the almost goal counter he was more advanced. Those 2 giveaways deep are just further evidence why I don't like him if he's going to play Xavi's role.

Both of them played pretty advanced today, but IMO this won't work long term. One needs to be the deeper midfielder, to cover for the other, and I'm not sure if I like Iniesta being the deeper one either.

When were these deep balls given away by Cesc in first half? Genuinely cant remember.

The one in second half he was in the final third and there were four Barcelona players behind him for the guy to get past.

Cesc for sure played further forward than Iniesta today, set up more chances for team mates and made much more runs into the box.

He wont play Xavis role, no one will that was a one off role only he can play and Xavi never played that deep anyway.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
When were these deep balls given away by Cesc in first half? Genuinely cant remember.

The one in second half he was in the final third and there were four Barcelona players behind him for the guy to get past.

Cesc for sure played further forward than Iniesta today, set up more chances for team mates and made much more runs into the box.

He wont play Xavis role, no one will that was a one off role only he can play and Xavi never played that deep anyway.

Yeah watch the game again, he had two bad dispossession/bad passes deep in the first half.

Someone needs to play the CM role, you simply cannot have 2 attacking midfielders and Busi on an island.

Xavi started pretty deep, he made runs forward back when he was more mobile, but his positioning to direct the play of the team was pretty deep.

Stric

You could have Busquets and Mascherano as DMs, for example, and both Iniesta and Fabregas in front of them (who knows, this could even work), but that's again taking away one winger position...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You could have Busquets and Mascherano as DMs, for example, and both Iniesta and Fabregas in front of them (who knows, this could even work), but that's again taking away one winger position...

Yeah they could use something like that in certain circumstances, though I think they'll always stick with the 4-3-3, moreso if Lucho comes. Also, Masche might leave too, though IMO think that's a mistake to let him go.

Stric

We really shouldn't sell Mascherano. He's one of the best DMs in the world. It would be retarded to sell him and keep Song. It's as if the people at our club are oblivious to the fact that he's a DM, and refuse to view him as such even if Song leaves and we need a DM. We should keep him and rotate him with Busquets, and as a third or whatever choice CB.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
We really shouldn't sell Mascherano. He's one of the best DMs in the world. It would be retarded to sell him and keep Song. It's as if the people at our club are oblivious to the fact that he's a DM, and refuse to view him as such even if Song leaves and we need a DM. We should keep him and rotate him with Busquets, and as a third or whatever choice CB.

Also, bless him, he has the heart of a Lion. He's not ideal at CB, but he competes and leaves it all on the field.

B

beautifulgame

^^

agree

Home of Barca Fans