Cesc Fàbregas

CatalinR10

I think you have to. If you lose your shoe on the pitch and touch the ball with your foot, it's actually treated like a handball.

So let's say a defender slides to take a ball from the attacker but in that process he loses his shoe and touches the ball in the penalty area . Will the ref dictate a penalty ?

philosoraptor.jpg

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
In this case he wouldn't. My first post was not really clear, sry.
If you lose a shoe, have some time to react and put it back on, but continue to play without the shoe, you are not allowed to touch the ball with your sock. An indirect free kick would be awarded to the opposite team.
If it happens when you are in motion and 1 second later you e.g score a goal or slide in like you described, then it is ok and no foul is called.

Galning

I think you have to. If you lose your shoe on the pitch and touch the ball with your foot, it's actually treated like a handball.

I once attended a seminar by a professional referee and he said you can play without shoes if you want. There's no rule about it. If the referee whistles for a foul because of that he is wrong.

Egert

Estonian Culé
What if the boots affect Cesc's performance?
Right after he got those red boots, his performances have gone down....

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Two different colored shoes? :lol:
Is it a strategy to confuse opponents or is it Song's influence?

Are you metrosexual or are you trying to impress Nana? :pep:
I bought 2 pairs of the pink Nike Vapor when they were released in fear of them getting discontinued. They made me better

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I once attended a seminar by a professional referee and he said you can play without shoes if you want. There's no rule about it. If the referee whistles for a foul because of that he is wrong.

I'm sorry but the guy was wrong.
We are on the internet, look it up yourself. :D
It's in the FIFA rules.

Home of Barca Fans