Cesc Fàbregas

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I must be the only one in this forum that thought Cesc had a decent season. I'm usually the guy that brutally criticizes Pedro and Alexis, but Cesc was okay. His positioning was good and I liked the fact that he was always looking for the through ball. It's a good quality to have.

Anyway, he does seem a bit of a disposable player. The midfield position in Barca is expendable since La Masia always produces quality midfielders. I would only accept an outrageous bid for Cesc, but other than that, we should keep him.

You are not the only one. We have so many players that have underperformed this season, Cesc was no way even one of the worst. Yet some people want him out. It is like an agenda since day one for some.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I also thought he did pretty well. The argument I think comes from his 2nd half season shelling up, slowness in transition play, and inability to control a game. I like him for his ability to put the ball in the net (for a midfielder) and provide mean assists, but I also do admit that he has his flaws. If we get a good deal for him and have a great replacement lined up, I won't be too disappointed.

You are not the only one. We have so many players that have underperformed this season, Cesc was no way even one of the worst. Yet some people want him out. It is like an agenda since day one for some.

For the 3rd year straight in Barca, his performance plummeted towards the end of the season. This is not a blip anymore, this is a disturbing trend now.

From the beginning of the season up until January, Cesc had 11 goals and 13 assists. Since February until the end of the season, which means almost 4 of the most important months for the team, he had 1 goal and 3 assists, which include an 18 game stretch where he only had 1 single assist. The contrast is mind-blowing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
For the 3rd year straight in Barca, his performance plummeted towards the end of the season. This is not a blip anymore, this is a disturbing trend now.

Seriously though, why is his form seasonal? It makes no sense whatsoever that a player plays differently according to the time of the year. In the 12/13 season, I think his dip in form can be blamed on his hamstring injury. In the 11/12 season, perhaps Villa's injury forcing him to be played out of position? What about this season?

Pepe Silvia

From the beginning of the season up until January, Cesc had 11 goals and 13 assists. Since February until the end of the season, which means almost 4 of the most important months for the team, he had 1 goal and 3 assists, which include an 18 game stretch where he only had 1 single assist. The contrast is mind-blowing.
Okay I agree with your post 100% but just to play devils advocate, it can be stated that Cesc never had a role in his first season, second season no excuse, but this season the entire team struggled after christmas break no just Cesc (that's a legitimate excuse that Messi apologists use frequently this season). So if even Messi struggled with the tactics, maybe we should be a bit more forgiving to Cesc like we are with Messi? Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with what I'm saying just playing devils advocate.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Okay I agree with your post 100% but just to play devils advocate, it can be stated that Cesc never had a role in his first season, second season no excuse, but this season the entire team struggled after christmas break no just Cesc (that's a legitimate excuse that Messi apologists use frequently this season). So if even Messi struggled with the tactics, maybe we should be a bit more forgiving to Cesc like we are with Messi? Like I said, I don't necessarily agree with what I'm saying just playing devils advocate.

Cesc was on beast mode the first half of the season last year, albeit in Iniesta's position. But then that hamstring injury messed him up for the rest of the season, and the team's tactics and dynamic was put out of sync by Tito's relapse.

So essentially, Cesc has had an excuse for his half-half seasons so far. Maybe Lucho can help turn him around? I wouldn't get rid of Cesc unless we were able to get somebody like Koke or a fit Gundogan.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

The team only started going in the gutter the last month and a half of the season. Before that they had a nice stretch of blowouts vs Osasuna, Almeria and Rayo I think, as well as both Man City victories and the Bernabeu 4-3 victory. Team wasn't playing badly then.

It was after the Bernabeu win that things started to go south and shit began hitting the fan. Cesc form dip started as early as the end of January.

BerkeleyBernie

Are gif sigs allowed?

cescnncu0.gif

:lol:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Cesc has decided to leave this summer. His agent already closed a personal deal with an English club. Barcelona want 40M for the player [md]

Home of Barca Fans