Cesc Fàbregas

Ritchie

Selling Cesc is a huge mistake. Xavi is old and Iniesta played well in 5-10 games this season. Well, there´s always Roberto.

It was a mistake to sign him in the first place and Guardiola would have moved him on quickly. The board are clueless at buying players which is the problem.

I'd ask why Cesc's value is so much lower than Vidal, Pogba, Koke, Mata etc. We should be looking for a profit on what we paid as the market has inflated a lot since then.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Every other player we are rumored to link with, and people like you find reasons to accommodate them. CESC is the finest, finest midfielder currently in this era, at club or international level. He will walk straight into any, like seriously any midfield in the world right now.
I won't be surprise if city, manu, chelsea and liverpool get into bidding war to get him.

The only problem with him his off the field attitude. And that too i don't much blame him, No matter how hard he tried, he was second to xavi and iniesta, was always the one subbed, so naturally he was unhappy, and created problems.

But that won't be really be a problem anywhere else, he would be an absolute midfield boss and then you can fill this forum with the regrets of selling him.
Off field attitutde has little to nothing to do with it. Cesc thrives when he doesn't need to worry about the defensive part of the build up somthing the floating pivot role of Xavi desperatley needs. Cesc is an all out # 10 something with Messi won't work as Messi is a hybrid 9/10 so Cesc really has no position to play in Barca. Thats what you are failing to understand he is undoubtly a great midfielder but not one that we need for our system

Butaan4barca

And we need KOKe here ? yeah, maybe. Look, i am not a fanboy of cesc. scroll back pages, i was never even in favor of buying him at the first place. But you have got to agree, he is a good fit here, he plays just fine. yes he doesn't add to defense as much someone playing within this current team, should. So bascially its like, when you have got this axe, it can't be iniesta or xavi.

He has some 41 goals plus 41 assists ever since he has been here, and i am not really sure what else to expect. But, i have been always saying. with messi, neymar, and iniesta in the team you have to got to keep alexis and pedro and add some midfielder who can defend pretty well to support busquets to cover our defense.

But the same midfielder should be equally effective in attack ? now if he leaves , i can only think of ramsey maybe...Koke will be pretty fine. But having said that, KOKE does have his perqs, but he is no where near a player, cesc is.

Butaan4barca

Cesc aswell. Xavi still will be the starter next season, and for rafinha's development. Cesc leaving might be well needed. Besides we have the attacking flair, and we do need a player in the midfield who is real hardworking and can really add to defensive covers.

serghei

You can't count on Rafinha to make a sensational year. We have to be covered if things don't go perfectly. It's just as probable for him to have a so-so season, considering the fact that Barcelona is not Celta. And Xavi is old, the age has gotten the best out of him.

Superstar85

Koke is more defensively astute, a much harder worker, a better passer overall (other than through-balls), is a better dribbler, great at indirect set pieces, is much more tactically aware, and is 100% more consistent. To top it all off, he's done that against the biggest and toughest teams and then some. All at the age of 22. He's thrived and become a leader in Atletico under Simeone and whenever he plays with the NT (youth or senior) he fits in seamlessly into a technical game due to his movement and ability to click into passing tempo. He's played in every midfield position you could name and even as a RB once for Spain.

Cesc is a useful player because he can score and he can assist. However he does nothing contributory in buildup and his qualities always shine against the Mallorca's or the Rayo's of the world. His game is very limited overall and that's easy to see when he takes a shitter against 2/3 types of opposition and can't muster up any form in the 2nd half of the season (when we need our players to step up the most). A Barca team built with having Cesc as a starter would be very flawed and bite us in the ass in a lot of important games.

The VdB thing doesn't really make sense either as Cesc is about 5 years older than him.

But yeah, Koke's not coming either way. Atletico don't need to sell, Barca's not gonna make him one of the most expensive players in club history, and the amount of times he's said that he's staying at Atleti ranges around the double digits.

You just forgot to mention how Cesc never started any big game for Barca in the midfield in 3 years (except for the last game against Athleti) even was he was more in form than Xavi, the coaches always preferred the tried & tested Xaviesta combo come big games. For the NT, he's played well in almost every match he participated in agains the oppositions that could be considered as one of the best there are out there.

The funny thing too is when people talk out about the defensive part of his game, when he actually participates more than both Xavi & Iniesta in that aspect who both barely try to defend. He also covers more ground on the pitch.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We also should remember that this might be the last chance to get huge amount for Cesc, because if we get a transfer ban we can sell him only in summer of 2016 when he will be 29 yrs old and no one will give 30m pounds for him which Chealsea are offering now. And Xavi's retirement are looming, so the question is whether the board thinks that Fabregas is a proper replacement for Xavi, because if in 2016, after 5 years of experimenting they will finally realize that, no Fabregas is not suitable, then they will have to replace two midfielders - Xavi and Fabregas and they might a need huge amount of money to do that.

slvtn

We also should remember that this might be the last chance to get huge amount for Cesc, because if we get a transfer ban we can sell him only in summer of 2016 when he will be 29 yrs old and no one will give 30m pounds for him which Chealsea are offering now. And Xavi's retirement are looming, so the question is whether the board thinks that Fabregas is a proper replacement for Xavi, because if in 2016, after 5 years of experimenting they will finally realize that, no Fabregas is not suitable, then they will have to replace two midfielders - Xavi and Fabregas and they might a need huge amount of money to do that.

That's a good point though. I still have confidence in him and wouldn't replace him with a player that had one or at most two good seasons while Cesc - with all the weaknesses - is on a constant high level for many years now. I'd be really, really disappointed if the club would let him go though.

BBZ8800

That's a good point though. I still have confidence in him and wouldn't replace him with a player that had one or at most two good seasons while Cesc - with all the weaknesses - is on a constant high level for many years now. I'd be really, really disappointed if the club would let him go though.

He is on a constant level, true.

Cesc=no trophies

Stric

Let's sell one of the best midfielders in the world, in his prime, for peanuts, without having secured a replacement, or without even a suitable replacement anywhere in sight, right before we get a 2-window ban. Makes sense.

Home of Barca Fans