Cesc Fàbregas

Superstar85

euro 2012, he played as a forward, no 4-6-0 crap, and he was coming off the bench at the world cup. DB knows cesc is no midfielder and keeps him away from the position at all cost

He played as a foward really??? now you're simply just being biased. And no one mentionned him being a starter in 2010, but the fact is that he gave the assist that gave Spain the tittle. Even Silva was a bench player in 2010 WC and had much less play time than Cesc.

And i other posters in the posts above your's have already answered your previous question about if Cesc has ever started in the midfield for a winning team (2008)

Ursegor

World Champion
Its not a normal feature of his game. In any case Xavi wouldnt have been caught in that blind corner of the field in first place :tata:

A normal feature of Cesc's game however is this:

Cesc%200%20awareness.gif

I've seen him do this about a gazillion times. He has no awareness about his surroundings and attempts passes into people's feet when they are getting closed down. "Easy" passes. The most infuriating thing about this is that it's not even a matter of lack of talent. If he wanted to and used his brain he could learn and improve his decision making. But he doesn't want to. Listen to his interviews. He was partying hard after Pep and Tito when Tata finally allowed scrappy football that "suits" him with "more freedom".

spark

He's as complete a midfielder as it gets. People have doubts because he's very mature and doesn't do fancy stuff like Thiago. He has only 2 less assists than Fabregas over the last 2 seasons as well and assists is actually Fabregas' major bailout strength because he sucks at everything else. Go to the Busquets thread and watch the video of Busquets. Completely unrelated to Fabregas yet you will notice that 1 player in particular is stinking up the place with a rapist touch and misplacing 5 meter passes between the lines. It's hilarious.

"But ... buut ... Cesc scored 2 goals against Real Betis at the beginning of the season. DEM goals. DEM assists."

You really are fond of hyperbole. Both Busquets and iniesta made more errors in possession in that video than Fabregas.

Anyway His full game.

Ursegor

World Champion
I noticed you still haven't told us how many big games (classico, CL knockout games & against Athleti this season) Cesc started as one of the midfield 3 (in place of either Xavi or Iniesta)...

Every single game except Camp Nou Liga Clasico this season and Atletico Madrid CL away game. Don't you have eyes?

H

Haruko The Goon

Lehmann on Cesc in 04:
The big difference was when Cesc Fabregas came in — he played two or three touches. With Vieira, Pires and Henry, they only had one or two touches. But when Cesc came in, Freddie Ljungberg barely scored again because his runs were timed on one or two-touch football. Cesc was a fantastic player but it changed our game and our rhythm. The fewer touches you need the better.

Ursegor

World Champion
Lehmann on Cesc in 04:
The big difference was when Cesc Fabregas came in — he played two or three touches. With Vieira, Pires and Henry, they only had one or two touches. But when Cesc came in, Freddie Ljungberg barely scored again because his runs were timed on one or two-touch football. Cesc was a fantastic player but it changed our game and our rhythm. The fewer touches you need the better.

Pls take him back. Start a petition or something. Tell Cazorla to put an Arsenal shirt on him at the national team.

BBZ8800

I'm pretty sure your 1st sentence is a joke, right? it must be..

No.
Pure numbers says that since those two came, our team started a downfall (true, with 1000 other factors, but maybe their "displays" also helped in that).

Personally, I am waiting for a day when Barca will sell Fabregas, Alexis and Song.

Ursegor

World Champion
Every single big game in the last 3 years??? makes me wonder if you've really been watching Barca games...

Mate. If I weren't lazy I'd do screenshots of all the positional heatmaps and upload them and you'd be so embarrassed you'd come back only after creating your 3th account.

He has only played as a false 9 in big games against Real Madrid and Atletico under Tata and never on the wings. Where do you think he is playing if not in midfield most of the time? This is the "big game lineup" ever since he joined.

-------------------Messi--------winger
----Iniesta------------------------------
--------------Cesc----------------------
--------------------------Xavi-----------
------------------Busquets--------------
-------------------------------------------
----------------some scrubs-------------

I'd really like to now where the hell you believe he is playing. The answer should be fascinating.

Egert

Estonian Culé
If Barcelona sell Cesc for more than the 36M they paid to Arsenal, the English club will get 50% of the added value. [tv3]

spark

A normal feature of Cesc's game however is this:

Cesc%200%20awareness.gif

I've seen him do this about a gazillion times. He has no awareness about his surroundings and attempts passes into people's feet when they are getting closed down. "Easy" passes. The most infuriating thing about this is that it's not even a matter of lack of talent. If he wanted to and used his brain he could learn and improve his decision making. But he doesn't want to. Listen to his interviews. He was partying hard after Pep and Tito when Tata finally allowed scrappy football that "suits" him with "more freedom".

At 2:55 if and when fabregas does this you dont hear the end of it. In any given game Koke will lose the ball as much and more than fabregas. Any full match you watch will confirm that and the statistics back it up. We just focus on the mistakes our players make because we arent neutrals to that game and Barca fans in particular value themselves as football critics for what ever reason.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans