Cesc Fàbregas

pEllee

Lehmann on Cesc in 04:
The big difference was when Cesc Fabregas came in — he played two or three touches. With Vieira, Pires and Henry, they only had one or two touches. But when Cesc came in, Freddie Ljungberg barely scored again because his runs were timed on one or two-touch football. Cesc was a fantastic player but it changed our game and our rhythm. The fewer touches you need the better.

Ljungberg never scored again because by the time Fabregas had arrived, Ljungberg had already declined a lot and he never really scored any more goals elsewhere either...

Superstar85

Mate. If I weren't lazy I'd do screenshots of all the positional heatmaps and upload them and you'd be so embarrassed you'd come back only after creating your 3th account.

He has only played as a false 9 in big games against Real Madrid and Atletico under Tata and never on the wings. Where do you think he is playing if not in midfield most of the time? This is the "big game lineup" ever since he joined.

-------------------Messi--------winger
----Iniesta------------------------------
--------------Cesc----------------------
--------------------------Xavi-----------
------------------Busquets--------------
-------------------------------------------
----------------some scrubs-------------

I'd really like to now where the hell you believe he is playing. The answer should be fascinating.

To have a 3re account, don't you think i'll need a 2nd one first???
And you're the one simply ignoring what i've been saying all along in the sense that playing all 3 of Iniesta Xavi & Cesc in the midfield just crowds the midfield, which worked well in some cases in terms of keeping possesion but Cesc was basically just put there as "the extra man in the midfield" & nothing more. Iniesta in that formation (like for the NT also) is "positionned" as a LF, but you and i both know he comes in to spend most of his time in the midfield.
What i'm saying is that Cesc was never given the opprtunity in those games (except the last on of last season) to start in place of either Xavi or Iniesta (mainly Xavi) even though he was in a better form at the given moment.

Ursegor

World Champion

At 2:55 if and when fabregas does this you dont hear the end of it. In any given game Koke will lose the ball as much and more than fabregas. Any full match you watch will confirm that and the statistics back it up. We just focus on the mistakes our players make because we arent neutrals to that game and Barca fans in particular value themselves as football critics.

He is the furthest forward player and has 0 passing options. He can get dispossessed in that area. lol

The statistics don't back up anything. When Fabregas was at Arsenal he had 79 % passing accuracy. At Barca it's 87 % now. He hasn't improved. The team around him simply values possession, gives him passing options all the time, can receive passes with too much weight on it with perfect touches etc. Similarly Koke's stats would go to the 90s if he came to Barca compared to Atletico where Simeone doesn't encourage clean passing statistics. But even then the statistics don't tell anything about the areas on the pitch where the ball is lost. Cesc plays sloppy short passes quite frequently and has difficulties under pressure. Koke is better at both aspects. Simple eye-test confirms that.

Alex Song has 92 % passing accuracy. lol

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He is the furthest forward player and has 0 passing options. He can get dispossessed in that area. lol

The statistics don't back up anything. When Fabregas was at Arsenal he had 79 % passing accuracy. At Barca it's 87 % now. He hasn't improved. The team around him simply values possession, gives him passing options all the time, can receive passes with too much weight on it with perfect touches etc. Similarly Koke's stats would go to the 90s if he came to Barca compared to Atletico where Simeone doesn't encourage clean passing statistics. But even then the statistics don't tell anything about the areas on the pitch where the ball is lost. Cesc plays sloppy short passes quite frequently and has difficulties under pressure. Koke is better at both aspects. Simple eye-test confirms that.

Alex Song has 92 % passing accuracy. lol
Song is Xavi's heir :worthy:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Graham Hunter claims he is off to Chelsea.

It seems that Chelsea really made a bid, doesn't mean Barca will accept it and if I remember correctly last summer Zubi publicly said that Cesc is not for sale after United made a bid. Well, we will see if the same happens again.

Ursegor

World Champion
It seems that Chelsea really made a bid, doesn't mean Barca will accept it and if I remember correctly last summer Zubi publicly said that Cesc is not for sale after United made a bid. Well, we will see if the same happens again.

Pretty much every single news outlet has claimed that he is for sale this summer.

Sky
BBC
Telegraph
MD frontpage
Sport frontpage
Marca
Hunter
David Ornstein

If he doesn't leave they are all retarded.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cesc is leaving people. Lucho doesn't seem to have him in his plans and this is bar non the best time to cash in big for Cesc. Just one more year and the team is likely to lose big money on him.

Deal with, he's leaving.

Devils

Cesc isn't some world-beater at Barca, he's a world class midfielder but he hasn't been a key player of Barca for the past 3 years.

Cesc has as many bad games through the course of a season as he does good ones. It's very possible to replace someone like that.

With who? Well no one knows the logistics of the board or Zubi's planning. But Cesc can definitely be replaced.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesc is leaving people. Lucho doesn't seem to have him in his plans and this is bar non the best time to cash in big for Cesc. Just one more year and the team is likely to lose big money on him.

Deal with, he's leaving.

How much money are we losing if we were to sell Cesc today?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cesc isn't some world-beater at Barca, he's a world class midfielder but he hasn't been a key player of Barca for the past 3 years.

Cesc has as many bad games through the course of a season as he does good ones. It's very possible to replace someone like that.

With who? Well no one knows the logistics of the board or Zubi's planning. But Cesc can definitely be replaced.

Of course he can be replaced, anyone can be replaced, in theory, and if you have enough money.

But realistically, who? Who is good enough and attainable? Koke, if both the player and Atletico allow us to splash 50 m to get him?

So we sell Cesc for 35m and buy Koke for 50m? Wonderful, world-class business plan.

Home of Barca Fans