Cesc Fàbregas

Pepe Silvia

I look at this transfer window as a win-win.

Either the board put their big boy pants on and make correct business moves or they don't, the team nose dives even more and put the final nail in their coffins. It would be certain death for them should the eff this window up.

JamDav1982

That's the thing, we shouldn't be desperate to sell him so we don't need to fold at this low of a bid. Mata was benched and the desperation was that the player himself wanted to leave (which is why the transfer had to be so quick, he wanted to make the WC squad) yet they still got good money for him. Ozil wasn't favored by Ancelotti and knowing that, he forced a move.

Both of those cases show the player forcing the club's hand yet the club still walks away with an amazing transfer fee despite being in a position of submission. Here, the player doesn't even want to leave yet we're gonna let it happen for 33m??? That's just bad business. It has nothing to do with the influence of the fans.

I agree the club should not be so quick to sell him but when the management doesnt put faith in him and fans boo him he is within his rights to want to leave.

Nothing is concrete about 33m anyway and they will be trying to get the best deal they can for him but at end of day they cant force clubs on what they bid for him.

hulinat

Arsenal gets 50% of the fee if somebody buys Cesc for more than 36M so wouldnt it be smarter to sell him for 33M? We would get more money..

Tomchin

Arsenal gets 50% of the fee if somebody buys Cesc for more than 36M so wouldnt it be smarter to sell him for 33M? We would get more money..
Incorrect, Arsenal get 50% on the amount of money that exceeds 36M. So if he's sold for 39M, Arsenal would get 1,5M.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Arsenal gets 50% of the fee added above 36m.

So for example, if we sell Cesc for 42m then Arsenal gets 3m of the 6m on top of the 36m while we get the other 3m. We will get the full 36m, but have to share the amount added on that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I agree the club should not be so quick to sell him but when the management doesnt put faith in him and fans boo him he is within his rights to want to leave.

Nothing is concrete about 33m anyway and they will be trying to get the best deal they can for him but at end of day they cant force clubs on what they bid for him.

He's allowed to be unhappy, I fully understand that. It's just that even if he's pressuring for the move, the club still has power of negotiation and we could get a lot more money for him given the financial nature of the clubs we're dealing with. This is nothing more than a stupid leak so it's obvious that nothing is set in stone, but I am afraid that they'll take the quick route and sell him off for far too cheap going against our "reconstruction" policy.

H

Haruko The Goon

To who though? Chelsea? They'll be v.unbalanced + playing for Mourinho is highly unlikely, even though most of you on here don't see it that way.... and another London club? Nah.
City? Been reported as not being interested and don't need him + can't afford to take on another high earner alongside renewed contracts + 2-3 more players. Arsenal? Possibly but, again, we don't need him and can't afford splashing out £30M/150K on a luxury player who'll destabilise the team whem we're in need of a RB, GK, LW and a Striker.

H

Haruko The Goon

We could get a fee out of this? I thought you paid us the full £35m and that was all...

Icarium

Lifestealer
Cesc for 33 when mata, ozil and not to forget that sideshow bob for 50M. Hmmm great stuff from barca board. I have given up hopes completely. Until now i was thinking it is still june we have a lot of time left. But after hearing our transfer targets i have given up. This transfer season will be a big disaster unless we splash a lot of money. But knowing this board they will spend on guys like bravo, cuadrado, herrara, Matheiu, Marquinhos. Great work zubi, this renovation is great. Only way next season we can compete is neymar playing for barca like he does for brazil and messi is beast mode in every match.

Home of Barca Fans