Cesc Fàbregas

L

linetty

Fàbregas for Barcelona in Feb-Mar-April-May in 3 seasons: scored 5 goals in 62 matches and in 74% of them didn't assist or score.

spark

Fàbregas for Barcelona in Feb-Mar-April-May in 3 seasons: scored 5 goals in 62 matches and in 74% of them didn't assist or score.

The assist stat is stupid. He still created numerous chances that other players missed, and that happened every year. Last year he set up Pedro and Xavi about 3 times at the Bernabeu and they didnt score, in other games it was Alexis. This year he put messi through on goal in early that should have made it 2-0 in the 4-3 win but Messi missed. I really cant believe people think you can create the chance and will the player to score it too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The assist stat is stupid. He still created numerous chances that other players missed, and that happened every year. Last year he set up Pedro and Xavi about 3 times at the Bernabeu and they didnt score, in other games it was Alexis. This year he put messi through on goal in early that should have made it 2-0 in the 4-3 win but Messi missed. I really cant believe people think you can create the chance and will the player to score it too.

This.

F

Flavia

It might have been a board decision but a lot if it was on Pep. I don't think he was just handed the player and forced to make things work.

Also he seemed a good Xavi replacement while at Arsenal. He played cm there many times and controlled games well. It's only when he got here we saw he is not a game controller for the Barca style. Or he could have been but was never given a run of games there to adapt.

The golden boy thing was a bunch of media crap. The picture some are painting where he is a mercenary who's life mission is to wreck Barca and stop Thiago playing is nonsense.

I don't think he was a merc, it wasn't his fault the club wanted him back. But I know many have a beef with him, because he left when Barça was in a bad patch, and came back when we were the best team in the world.

Then any stats are stupid. Many bring his positive stats to defend him, when a negative one comes is not valid? It's just an illustration of his bad second half of the season.

Iarwain

Rakitic would certainly make the difference in important games where Cesc failed. Sure. Even mighty Jupps Bayern would get fucked if he was there instead of Cesc.

hardyboy

The whole team was shit in the second half of the season but only Cesc gets criticised..

Last edited:

spark

I don't think he was a merc, it wasn't his fault the club wanted him back. But I know many have a beef with him, because he left when Barça was in a bad patch, and came back when we were the best team in the world.

Then any stats are stupid. Many bring his positive stats to defend him, when a negative one comes is not valid? It's just an illustration of his bad second half of the season.

Its obviously stupid because you can only register an assist if the other players convert. Unless it was a pass to Messi, all of the creative players like Messi Iniesta and Cesc assist stats went down in the second half as alexis or pedro or Neymar found inventive ways to miss goals. Fabregas' general play and ball control are what you can point to being diabolical at the end of the season. In spite of that he still usually created a decent scoring chance per game. Its the one thing that he does regardless of how good or bad he is playing. That they werent converted is not his fault, the same way Messi only having a third of the assists out of the all thechances he put on a plate for team mates isnt his fault.

F

Flavia

The whole team was shit in the second ha;l of the season but only Cesc gets criticised..

It's not only this season for Cesc, though. And he hardly is the only one criticized. It seems you don't read the other players threads. But Cesc was bad for 3 seasons in a row. He also had this problem with Arsenal. I've seen people calling it "Wengeritis" or something.

serghei

@spark, other than the Granada game, I didn't see a Barca that was creating tons of chances in the 2nd half of the season. That's one of the reasons we are looking for reinforcements in all areas.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
@spark, other than the Granada game, I didn't see a Barca that was creating tons of chances in the 2nd half of the season. That's one of the reasons we are looking for reinforcements in all areas.

+1. If you guys want to see how much Cesc contributed check the key pass stats instead although I would like to see them in a sort of heat map form instead of just numbers but can't seem to find any

CatalinR10

The whole team was shit in the second half of the season but only Cesc gets criticised..

Yeah , sure , only Cesc :lol:

gtfo , is this the only thread you're watching ? Every player was heavily criticised for the team's performance in the last part of the season.

Behrox

Yeah , sure , only Cesc :lol:

gtfo , is this the only thread you're watching ? Every player was heavily criticised for the team's performance in the last part of the season.

I think he forgot about the Walkessi, ClownPinto, Maschfarto and Sideways Xavi thing

Pepe Silvia

I'll miss Cesc but I also am happy for him and his family for the move. I think he will do well. I'm putting my PTC hat on and trusting that the top brass are doing the right thing to make our team successful again.

Behrox

I'll miss Cesc but I also am happy for him and his family for the move. I think he will do well. I'm putting my PTC hat on and trusting that the top brass are doing the right thing to make our team successful again.
Plus he'll be able to feed his family at Chelsea

Home of Barca Fans