Cesc Fàbregas

AHHHH!!!!!

I fucking hate this board. I really don't understand why we keep selling our players markedly below their market price...

When will we learn?

I could care less if Cesc is gone, it was just a horrible transfer overall and I have always been a huge Cesc fan. But selling him to Chelsea with their first offer when we could have gotten so much more for him is just infuriating.

The worst part about it is that we lost literally the perfect replacement for Xavi because of all of this.

I still think he could have been a success here had we played him over Xavi more but the truth is that he did struggle at times to be what we needed in that department. Too anarchic in his positioning which is the exact opposite of how Xavi plays.

£30 million is a fucking joke though. And we need to be making moves here immediately. No more excuses, it's time for that world class center back we have been waiting 5 bloody seasons for....

Agree with everything, especially the bolded. Our board is so fucking incompetent. They buy Cesc when we don't need a midfielder, especially not a CAM, then push Thiago out for him (when they should have sold Cesc instead), all to sell him for peanuts in the end. :facepalm:

xxxxxx

Huh?!?!? That was the original purchase from Arsenal. Barca payed the fee in two installments. Read.

Meh.... whichever you look at it, we've been shafted, again.

I have no faith in this board. We'll be excited for Barcelona next season, Bartomeu? Don't make me laugh.

akaranzo

FFS I was so afraid that this would happen and it did... mark my words when I say we will regret selling him, he's gonna be a beast at Chelsea and boss the premier league. Still though god damn it why Cesc :(( why did you have to go... and to Chelsea of all places.... fuuuuuucckkkkk

The mistake was not selling him, the mistake was buying him in the first place, and then the shitty price we sold him for. Oh, and not selling him last year instead of Thiago.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

What makes it worse is, if it had been the other way around, Mourinho would have asked for about £50m.

I honestly can't believe we've sold Cesc to Mourinho for cheap.

ryuken

But thinking bout it, this transfer goes along nicely with our history of getting fucked in the market lol

ebc_99

There was hardly a mad scramble for his signature, apart from Chelsea nobody was really interested and that was at a low price. He is not good enough for Barcelona.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

F

Flavia

What makes it worse is, if it had been the other way around, Mourinho would have asked for about £50m.

I honestly can't believe we've sold Cesc to Mourinho for cheap.

Cesc only wanted to go to london. That's why the price was 33m + 3m for appearances. That's the price paid for him, so it wasn't really that bad.

There was hardly a mad scramble for his signature, apart from Chelsea nobody was really interested and that was at a low price. He is not good enough for Barcelona.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's not really that he wasn't good enough, it's more of a case of him not fitting. We shouldn't have just sold him at the first offer from Chelsea. We should have told them to fuck off until they gave us a decent offer. He's worth way more than 33m in this market.

-----Matic-----Fabregas----

Hazard-----Oscar--------Willian

------------Costa----------

looks good on paper..

Fabregas DM? :lol:

He's a CAM. If Mou wants to get the best out of him, he needs to play him there. He loves Oscar at CAM though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Fabregas at DM.

F

Flavia

It's not really that he wasn't good enough, it's more of a case of him not fitting. We shouldn't have just sold him at the first offer from Chelsea. We should have told them to fuck off until they gave us a decent offer. He's worth way more than 33m in this market.

You can't tell a buyer to eff off when you're trying to sell a player, and that is possibly the only buyer. He wouldn't go anywhere else, then what? This board usually screws things, but this time they haven't.

Luiz was a bench player and only one team wanted to buy him. Chelsea still got 50-60m for him. Same goes for Mata, who went for 46. Ozil: out of favor with Ancelotti and only one team bid for him. Goes for 50m. We should have got way more than 33 for Cesc.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans