Cesc Fàbregas

Vapor

They seem to have removed it from the article?

I just noticed the same thing. Those sentences aren't there at all anymore. LOL, wow. Guess there is a shred of humanity left in the club after all... or they're just trying desperately to cover that mistake and salvage their image. :rolleyes:

Too bad. I used to feel really proud to call myself a cule, even when we weren't winning absolutely everything, but given the activities of the club the past few years, they really have done so much to stain what I used to view as such a beautiful club.

The players and the team itself is still awesome, but the fuckers managing the club are greedy, corrupt and atrocious, and have brought the club's image and team itself down very far the past few years.

CatalinR10

They seem to have removed it from the article?

Yeah, they have.

Probably because of the negativity that article attracted. Now they deleted it like it didn't happen :lol:

Barca be like :

You didn't see a thing

Men-in-Black-Flash-1.gif

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well I have mixed feelings about this transfer. It's nice to stick it to Arsenal like that but at the same time, despite him being a very good player, I've never liked Cesc. I was hoping we'd get a different type of midfielder to him but eh, we have him now and I hope he will do well for us.

Not that I know about all the dramas at Barca, or seen every game Cesc was involved in, but really, so much hate directed toward him like he's the sole reason your club isn't what you all want it to be is bs. He's just been made a scapegoat. Your problems run a lot deeper than one player. But hey, if it makes you feel better doing that then go ahead, it's only going to hurt you more when you realise the problems never really centered around him as much as you thought they did.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Can't really wish him well because I hate Chelsea, but I don't hate him, at least based on what I know. Clearly Barca didn't want him, nor did Arsenal so he didn't have much choice. Either ride out his contract on the bench with Barca and further deteriorate his relationship with the club, or go somewhere that he is wanted.

Meitux

He had his moments here, other times awesome other times awful as hell. Generally the bottom line of his transfer is that his transfer coming here was never necessary in terms of the squad. It was more about the obvious reasons ''Fabregas coming home'' and all these. He wouldn't find a stable place in the team by the time he arrived here and not one role that fits his main position perfectly. Ironically, now that Xavi is declining more and Fabregas could find a starter place he couldn't respond again simply because he can't do it. He will never get into the role of a central midfielder, he's very slow and doesn't seem so comfortable of moving the ball around in tight situations under pressure. Whenever he had played in a role more going to his attacking midfielder role we can say he did put some great assists there. Of course it's not all about the position. Last couple of months of the season he seemed tottaly toothless and not helping at all when he came in.

In Chelsea now he can have a good role in the 4-2-3-1 being the attacking midfielder. But seeing how Mourinho approaches games and makes it so boring, its still questionable..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah I'm not exactly filled with confidence about him doing well here. Only time will tell. Hopefully he has a positive impact.

Alik

Frankly all of this makes me want to throw up. The transfer fee, his new club, his new manager, Barca's statement... this is just disgusting.

In today's market, Europe's top assister and EC and WC winner is easily worth over 50, if not over 60M.

FCB should just re-register as a garage sale / pawn shop because that seems to be what we're doing nowadays. Absolutely horrible business and actions by the club.

And all that shit about Chelsea not wanting to deal with Barca when the Luiz transfer was in question, they end up selling him to PSG, and we give them one of our best players for a ridiculous sum.

This club is run by complete idiots.

And the statement is just cringe worthy. What the actual f?! What a cowardly and pathetic move by the club.

Oh, and fuck Luis Enrique for letting this happen, too. I was excited about having him, but 2014/2015 is looking worse every day now.
+1

H

Haruko The Goon

WOOWWW.. Barca.com said the following?

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

wow.

Home of Barca Fans