Cesc Fàbregas

anguy

He had his moments here, other times awesome other times awful as hell. Generally the bottom line of his transfer is that his transfer coming here was never necessary in terms of the squad. It was more about the obvious reasons ''Fabregas coming home'' and all these.

It was necessary. Cesc was bought not just for sentimental reasons, but to become Xavi successor. It didn't end up very well, but you can hardly blame management for that. He wasn't a total bust and the deal itself wasn't that bad business for us (both purchasing and selling price).

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yup, quite disgusting. No class at all. Barca as a club have gone downhill in the last few years, tbh.

And it's all Cesc's fault too. Oh my.

i_bleed_blaugrana

My God, this board's absolutely repulsive behavior and idiotic decision making never ceases to amaze me. I honestly can't believe they tried to cover up their spineless initial "farewell" letter. So many backhanded attacks it was amazing...

I have stood by and defended Cesc a lot on here every since he has been here and while yes, he did tend to not do as well as expected in the run in, 80% of that had to do with him being mismanaged. Its impossible to be consistent when you are constantly being thrown into a different position every game. What other player on the squad had to play in as many different roles as he did? No one, Iniesta comes close but he never played as the center forward. Nor has Neymar or Messi played in the midfield 3. All of the ridicule he has gotten from this forum, the fans and the board is ludicrous.

Put yourself in his shoes for a second. He left a club that would literally be willing to throw rose pedals down at his feet anytime he walked on the pitch to join his boyhood club, a club that he has wanted to shine for since a child and he has had to watch win everything, often at the expense of his own team. Once he gets here, he gets three different coaches for three different years (technically four if you wanna count Roura) with a diabolically greedy and aloof board who care only about sponsorships and money. Couple that with a lack of quality reinvestment in the squad with some glaring deficiencies, a lack of tactical continuity, off the field controversies that cause a continual negative atmosphere and the tragedy of losing their former coach and beloved Barca icon, you really couldn't ask for anything worse to come home to.

The straw that broke the camel's back is that he was being used as the scapegoat this time around, and considering how ungodly unfair that is to him after all he's been through and most importantly what he left behind for this, I don't blame him at all for leaving.

I am sure that him being dumped off at such an appallingly low price made him feel good too, sounds more than anything that he just needed to get out while he still could.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
My God, this board's absolutely repulsive behavior and idiotic decision making never ceases to amaze me. I honestly can't believe they tried to cover up their spineless initial "farewell" letter. So many backhanded attacks it was amazing...

I have stood by and defended Cesc a lot on here every since he has been here and while yes, he did tend to not do as well as expected in the run in, 80% of that had to do with him being mismanaged. Its impossible to be consistent when you are constantly being thrown into a different position every game. What other player on the squad had to play in as many different roles as he did? No one, Iniesta comes close but he never played as the center forward. Nor has Neymar or Messi played in the midfield 3. All of the ridicule he has gotten from this forum, the fans and the board is ludicrous.

Put yourself in his shoes for a second. He left a club that would literally be willing to throw rose pedals down at his feet anytime he walked on the pitch to join his boyhood club, a club that he has wanted to shine for since a child and he has had to watch win everything, often at the expense of his own team. Once he gets here, he gets three different coaches for three different years (technically four if you wanna count Roura) with a diabolically greedy and aloof board who care only about sponsorships and money. Couple that with a lack of quality reinvestment in the squad with some glaring deficiencies, a lack of tactical continuity, off the field controversies that cause a continual negative atmosphere and the tragedy of losing their former coach and beloved Barca icon, you really couldn't ask for anything worse to come home to.

The straw that broke the camel's back is that he was being used as the scapegoat this time around, and considering how ungodly unfair that is to him after all he's been through and most importantly what he left behind for this, I don't blame him at all for leaving.

I am sure that him being dumped off at such an appallingly low price made him feel good too, sounds more than anything that he just needed to get out while he still could.

I agree, I feel ashamed of being a Barca fan at the moment.

akaranzo

This. Good to see that there are more people here that don't just blindly hate on Cesc like most of this forum does. He did very well for us considering the circumstances and people really need to show some respect towards the guy.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's all his fault though don't you see. It's his fault that the club bought him, and that he was out of position nine times out of ten. It's his fault he's being asked to run into through balls when he has no pace and header in Daniel alves "crosses". It's his fault that the club sold thiago and that we had three different coaches and a shit board that didn't buy necessary players. It's his fault that peps specifically asked for him to play in the 3-4-3. That tactic didn't work because if him not because pep made a crap decision.

He is a big bad monster who came here to ruin Barcelona and make poor little thiago go away. Thiago isn't a mercenary at all, but a good little boy who fucks off to the European champions when he doesn't get his way. If he wasn't playing, we would have won the champions league twice in that time period even though Xavi is spent, our wingers can't score and we have no defence.

H

Haruko The Goon

It's all his fault though don't you see. It's his fault that the club bought him, and that he was out of position nine times out of ten. It's his fault he's being asked to run into through balls when he has no pace and header in Daniel alves "crosses". It's his fault that the club sold thiago and that we had three different coaches and a shit board that didn't buy necessary players. It's his fault that peps specifically asked for him to play in the 3-4-3. That tactic didn't work because if him not because pep made a crap decision.

He is a big bad monster who came here to ruin Barcelona and make poor little thiago go away. Thiago isn't a mercenary at all, but a good little boy who fucks off to the European champions when he doesn't get his way. If he wasn't playing, we would have won the champions league twice in that time period even though Xavi is spent, our wingers can't score and we have no defence.

:neymar: Poor Cesc.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
For Chelsea it's a good price, yeah. He's easily worth more than what we paid for him. I may not like him but I won't deny he's a class player. I can only hope he'll be very good for us.

F

Flavia

Who said it was his fault? It was pep and the board's fault, for bringing a player that wasn't needed at all. But he is at fault for not managing to correct his positioning mistakes, but he also couldn't get faster, as he is slow by nature. His presence never improved our midfield, he never made a difference when it really mattered. It's really nice to romanticize his time here, but the truth is he never fit in.

But if you label thiago a mercenary, than so is cesc. He left trophyless arsenal and came back when barca was the best team in the world.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm referring to people like FCBarca who have twisted ideas in their heads. You are reasonable apart from the transfer fee. You think 33 million is good I wanted a lot more from him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm referring to people like FCBarca who have twisted ideas in their heads. You are reasonable apart from the transfer fee. You think 33 million is good I wanted a lot more from him.

If Cesc only want London then there are only two clubs that can get him and those are Arsenal and Chelsea. Arsenal backed out so Chelsea remained the only option and they had the upper hand in the negotiations since Cesc only wanted to return to London due to personal reasons.

Where do this leave us? Had Chelsea backed out then we would not have been able to sell him since he would not have moved anywhere else and if Luis Enrique don't count on him then it's pointless to have him in Barcelona, it's better for both parts to move on.

Cesc's reluctance to move anywhere else along with Arsenal backing out left us with basically nothing. I would have loved to get more money for Cesc, but with the player only willing to go to a certain place and having only one team capable of bringing him left us being stuck where we took the offer we got.

Home of Barca Fans