Cesc Fàbregas

Stric

Barça sold Fabregas for 30M+ & signed Rakitic for 18M. That's the best business any club can do. Signed a game changer, sold who disappears.
[tw]https://twitter.com/Nikomarvel/status/637659635734978560[/tw]

That's not the point, and it's not how it works. You don't judge a single transfer by how good the ones that followed it were. Was selling Ibrahimović good business, regardless of the fee, just because he wasn't playing as expected? Ibra was worth way more, and Fabregas was worth more than a measly 33M. Just because we bought a good player afterwards for not a lot of money doesn't mean selling Fabregas was good business. Fabregas was easily worth 50M in the 2014 market, and that difference between 33 and 50 M is almost as much as Rakitić's transfer fee. Maybe that lends another perspective for you.

F

Flavia

Barça sold Fabregas for 30M+ & signed Rakitic for 18M. That's the best business any club can do. Signed a game changer, sold who disappears.
[tw]637659635734978560[/tw]

Edited it for you. You put just the twitter code, in that case, 637659635734978560, between the tags.

anguy

I remember being very excited when we signed him, but even more excited when we sold him after the disasters of his time her...

Stop talking BS he wasn't disaster. Always good in first half of seasons and still good enough to be starter in 2nd. Plus I believe he would fit into LE system nicely.

Also for people making fun of him - he forced his way out of Arsenal where he was god to join us, back then, show some respect.

Morten

We should all be very worried(if we met Chelski in CL). Cesc almost always starts with an amazing first half, then a mediocre/poor second half. He has decided to mix it up, now he will be coming in with full force post-january, that also mean that Chelski could be very dangerous in CL-knockouts. Nothing to laugh about.

K

kingleo1

He played well today, on another day he would have come away with 2 goals, he is being played in a system that doesnt 100% suit him, i think Chelsea will try to buy Sissoko from Necastle before deadline day and play a 4-3-3 which would suit Fabregas perfectlly.

Sissoko - Matic
Fabregas
Pedro - Costa - Hazard

gives Chelsea much greater balance

Butaan4barca

or he doesn't suits to any system. i think he plays better when allowed total freedom. Just on talent he is top notch, but tactics he doesn't really understand. Maybe

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
he forced his way out of Arsenal where he was god to join us, back then, show some respect.
Just like how he forced his way out of here! I don't understand how people don't see his glory hunting moves!! They have always been so, and will always remain so

DrPepper

Just like how he forced his way out of here! I don't understand how people don't see his glory hunting moves!! They have always been so, and will always remain so

He forced his way out of here? Please. We were quite happy to let him go as well.

The real gloryhunter left us a year before for Munich.

JamDav1982

How is it glory hunting to move from Barca to Chelsea?

It is the exact opposite. He took a step down to try and play regular football in a team built around him and to his strengths. A poorer team less likely to win the biggest trophies.

anguy

Yeah, he did not force the move at all. It was mutual decision. Pedro did more to "force the move" than Fabregas.

Home of Barca Fans