Cesc Fàbregas

F

Flavia

Cesc asked Bartomeu to leave, the initiative was his. If he didn't, I don't think he would had been sold.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He forced his way out of here? Please. We were quite happy to let him go as well.

The real gloryhunter left us a year before for Munich.

How is it glory hunting to move from Barca to Chelsea?

It is the exact opposite. He took a step down to try and play regular football in a team built around him and to his strengths. A poorer team less likely to win the biggest trophies.
forced his way out of here when he was a kid.... Didn't move to the club that made him the star that he is now, only to move to their arch rivals in the same city!

Stric

If he was ever gloryhunting, it was when he moved from Arsenal to Barca. Like JamDav says, moving to Chelsea was the exact opposite. And I honestly can't understand how anyone can say that Thiago is a gloryhunter. It's clear as day that he left Barca because he wasn't happy with his playing time, first and foremost. Guardiola invited him to come, and here he had no indication that in the following season he would play even a minute more than the previous one.

Didn't move to the club that made him the star that he is now, only to move to their arch rivals in the same city!

Cesc wanted to go back to Arsenal, but they didn't want him. Get your facts straight.

EdmondDantes

He's having a poor season so far, I looked out a few Chelsea forums/reddit and even their fans think he needs to spend a little time on the bench, which is something, considering he helped them walk the league last season. Cesc's problem is that Matic is even more out of sorts as well, looks way too pedestrian.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Least surprising fact of the (yester)day:

@whoscored
Cesc Fàbregas: No player has been dribbled past more times in the Premier League this season than Fàbregas (9)

F

Flavia

Maybe he's trying to do things differently this season. Bad first half of the season, and then a good 2nd half.

Morten

Maybe he's trying to do things differently this season. Bad first half of the season, and then a good 2nd half.

I was thinking the same, not working out so far though, as Chelski will be out of the title race pretty soon. Then it wouldnt matter much if Cesc is amazing in the second half. Well, they could always win a cup or two.

xXKonan

Teams are Exploiting Cesc's lack of pace and lack of Defensive contributions.

Actually they are Exploiting Chelsea's slow midfield and Chelsea's awful defense. when Cesc signed for Chelsea he was really good but once the 2nd half started he Declined. and the other teams were starting to catch on to Chelsea's weaknesses it's showing this year just how awful their Midfield and Defense really is when it's exploited properly.

I wonder if it's a Physical/ Mental Issue in regards to Cesc? Just strange that it seems to happen during the second half of the year and it's continuing so far.

Morten

Cesc hardly needs to be fast or contribute alot defensively. In a midfield trio, he got 2 others doing that so he can do what he do best, no?

Home of Barca Fans