Cesc Fàbregas

Iarwain

Cesc hardly needs to be fast or contribute alot defensively. In a midfield trio, he got 2 others doing that so he can do what he do best, no?

Yes, he played #10 vs Everton so I don't know how can someone conclude they were exploiting specifically his lack of defensive contribution. Even last season when he played almost exclusively CM Chelsea managed to be the best defensive team.

Vs Everton, I'm not under the impression he was that bad individually as much as a whole team lacked offensive cohesion. Chelsea generally underperforms when they're supposed to attack a team with a deeper defensive approach, it obviously isn't Mourinho's favorite position. He pretty much lost the title in 13/14 season vs mid-table/bottom-table teams and had positive h2h vs top 6 iirc.

25361125.png

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yes, he played #10 vs Everton so I don't know how can someone conclude they were exploiting specifically his lack of defensive contribution. Even last season when he played almost exclusively CM Chelsea managed to be the best defensive team.

Vs Everton, I'm not under the impression he was that bad individually as much as a whole team lacked offensive cohesion. Chelsea generally underperforms when they're supposed to attack a team with a deeper defensive approach, it obviously isn't Mourinho's favorite position. He pretty much lost the title in 13/14 season vs mid-table/bottom-table teams and had positive h2h vs top 6 iirc.

25361125.png

so many red lines. DAMN. I'm glad we got this scrub out of Barca

F

Flavia

Just a question for fellow cules. Should we have kept him?

No. Not in a million years. He left and we got a much better player in Rakitic, also the treble. Cesc would never do the amount of defending Raki did last season.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think Cesc would be the ideal super sub for Barca in big games to spice things up in midfield. Of course he is also good enough to play in 95% of Barca's games and perform constantly well.
But him being a starter in big CL games, Clasico etc. was not quite working and I think it would not work in the future.

BarcaOG

Banned
I think Cesc would be the ideal super sub for Barca in big games to spice things up in midfield. Of course he is also good enough to play in 95% of Barca's games and perform constantly well.
But him being a starter in big CL games, Clasico etc. was not quite working and I think it would not work in the future.

Nope. Cesc didn't work. Not as a sub and not as a starter. It's unfortunate, but these hypotheticals are pointless given the evidence.

Home of Barca Fans