Cesc Fàbregas

Barcilliant

If we sell Cesc it would be the deathknell for this board. This is a summer of discontent already with Villa and especially Thiago going for basement bargain prices. Add to that Pep's attack and the inability to sign a CB. The only way the board could justify a sale would be if Cesc was sold for 80 million and that wont happen.

serghei

We are all talking about Cesc being Xavi's succesor but how did Cesc play the games he was allowed to play in the midfield.. Is this the right guy to replace Xavi? We could sell him, and use the money for another midfielder.. Maybe we should consider that

Tito overplayed Xavi and Iniesta and that's why they were both exhausted by mid-april. Cesc seldom played in the midfield 3. He was used as a left winger or as a false 9 most of the time. He is a genuine, world class, central/offensive midfielder that can be a great playmaker too, similar to Xavi. So, at Barcelona, so far, he didn't play where he is most effective and where he feels most comfortable.

Robbie

Don't really understand what Moyes is trying to do by publicizing it. Is it some sort of clumsy attempt at getting Cesc to push for a transfer?

barca333

lets just accept that fabregas is going to man utd. why would their chief executive fly from their tour in Australia for him to find out less than a day later hes not for sale. im sure that could of been done on the phone instead of flying 24 hours. what makes it worse is that moyes confirms It today in a press conference he flew back to try and complete fabregas deal and hopefully we will know in the next day or so.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather we sold Cesc than Thiago but we are where we are and Cesc is apparently more determined to succeed here. I think that's something we should respect.

Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Roberto.. We are more than set in midfield for next season :)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'd rather we sold Cesc than Thiago but we are where we are and Cesc is apparently more determined to succeed here. I think that's something we should respect.

Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Roberto.. We are more than set in midfield for next season :)

I completely agree with you...

However, his case is very similar to Thiago's in that in order for him to succeed the management has to give him the right tools to do so... I'm not sending Pep/Tito/Roura to the stake, but I find it worrying that after two whole seasons we don't know what's the purpose of Cesc in this team...

Birdy

Xavi has shown signs of great fatigue last season which resulted in his worse season over a course of 5 or 6 seasons...
We should also remember that Iniesta is injury-prone. There is a risk of him losing several games, so we at least should not overburn him..
Cesc has demonstrated his inability to play the deep position of Xavi or Iniesta..

Given all three factors, i dont see how we are set.. In fact, we are anything but set, unless we think that Roberto can be thrown into the lions and perform like Xavi-Iniesta, something Cesc and Thiago have not managed so far..

IMO, we need at least one reliable solution, perferably Xavi-like, like Gundoghan.. We dont need to wait for next summer, when Fabregas will be sold, bcz a semi-final or quarter final CL versus Bayern or Chelsea might occur with one of Xavi-Iniesta facing problem and the manager puzzled on how to solve the unsolvable..

Jadentheman

Maybe RVP can convince him? Honestly have Cesc leave then we can promote Samper and maybe even get Oliver Torres for those people that want him.

Stric

I can't believe some of the things I'm seeing here. We can't be left with Xavi, Iniesta and a bunch of children. Xavi and Iniesta both need heavy rotation throughout the season. What's our plan B? Play Sergi Roberto and Samper on the occasions when we'd usually play Thiago and Fabregas? Fabregas can't leave. We'd be screwed.

F

Flavia

Maybe RVP can convince him? Honestly have Cesc leave then we can promote Samper and maybe even get Oliver Torres for those people that want him.

A big fat no for these suggestions, jaden. do you want Neymar to triumph at Barça or not? As stric said, we can't be left with xavi, iniesta and a bunch of young players. Cesc needs to stay.

Home of Barca Fans