Cesc Fàbregas

Superstar85

I don't even know anymore if he's being so bad because of himself, or Tata's tactics.

I know is always fun to blame Cesc and truth been told, he's had bad games too. But how can you say he was bad tonight or that he was one of the worst barca players out there tonight?
He looked implicated, touched the ball a lot (and didn't lose it often except for few occasion), and defended also. There was that combination in the 1st half with him and Iniesta where Neymar didn't get to the ball fast enough to finish off the occasion. And also the pass to Messi where Messi miscontroled the ball and then looked at the ref asking for a penalty.
He wasn't great by any means, but he can't be faulted more than the others imo

I think we should maybe sell Cesc back to Arsenal; Wenger still loves him and we can get over £25m easily. We shou;d never have sold Thiago. He was more of what we needed to move forward with the times. Pep knew and stole him.

Yugi

they started circulating the ball much faster, creating much better pressure than before, actually causing the corner kick from which Bartra has scored...they suddenly started to "click" and passed the ball much faster, you can see it 5 minutes after he was subbed....and you can watch previous matches too, same old story

hellsangel1

Don't worry. He will revert back to him amazing self next season when we play vastly inferior and financially troubled clubs in La Liga and he will have his fanboys in here and when
the going gets tough everyone here will be talking about his '2nd half season slumps' and how he is not being utilized properly and the tactics don't work. The tactics seem to have never worked for Cesc whether it be under Pep or Tito or Tata. Like fucking clockwork, the tune will begin all over again next season.

With that being said, he is not the only one to blame for this particularly loss and he wasn't the worst player either.

Last edited:

Superstar85

they started circulating the ball much faster, creating much better pressure than before, actually causing the corner kick from which Bartra has scored...they suddenly started to "click" and passed the ball much faster, you can see it 5 minutes after he was subbed....and you can watch previous matches too, same old story

If they had as much ball possession after he went out as they did while he was still on the pitch, doesn't that mean they were already "clicking"??? I'll understand all these "we played better after he was subbed off" talk if Barca had started creating much more goal occasions after he had been subbed off, but that clearly wasn't the case.

Yugi

If they had as much ball possession after he went out as they did while he was still on the pitch, doesn't that mean they were already "clicking"??? I'll understand all these "we played better after he was subbed off" talk if Barca had started creating much more goal occasions after he had been subbed off, but that clearly wasn't the case.

it´s not about possession, it´s about how the midfield started to behave and distribute the ball....of course, it isn´t all about Cesc but if he didn´t play we would be much better in midfield and who knows what would happen...but I realize we have shit defence so that´s hard to judge....but the pressure before and after he was subbed was obvious to me

Superstar85

Don't worry. He will revert back to him amazing self next season when we play vastly inferior and financially troubled clubs in La Liga and he will have his fanboys in here and when
the going gets tough everyone here will be talking about his '2nd half season slumps' and how he is not being utilized properly and the tactics don't work. The tactics seem to have never worked for Cesc whether it be under Pep or Tito or Tata. Like fucking clockwork, the tune will begin all over again next season.

With that being said, he is not the only one to blame for this particularly loss and he wasn't the worst player either.

Doesn't he face the same teams in the 1st half of the season too (in la liga)?

hellsangel1

Doesn't he face the same teams in the 1st half of the season too (in la liga)?

Yes, I really missed his great performances in the first Clasico and the CL. The fact of the matter is that his performances have more to do with the quality of the opposition and how well those around him are playing rather than which part of the season the match is being played. I can't remember a single really good performance he's put up in the Clasicos. His lack of pace and dribbling ability also cost us and not to mention he's just not quick enough to get on the end of one-twos which you need when you're playing against better defenses. Giving Fabregas time and space and against lesser organized defenses he will eventually pick out a throughball but put pressure on him and he will cough the ball up.

Superstar85

it´s not about possession, it´s about how the midfield started to behave and distribute the ball....of course, it isn´t all about Cesc but if he didn´t play we would be much better in midfield and who knows what would happen...but I realize we have shit defence so that´s hard to judge....but the pressure before and after he was subbed was obvious to me

He went out, and Madrid continued to have their counter attack occasions and blowing through Barca midfielders like they weren't there. And if they weren't creating anything worth mentionning, then what's the distribution you're talking of?

Armando929

He really isn't to blame today at all.

Messi offered no movement at all. Cant' launch a through ball if there is nobody making a run into that space. Other than that, he linked up well with Iniesta and Xavi, and he provided some good defensive work.

Superstar85

Yes, I really missed his great performances in the first Clasico and the CL. The fact of the matter is that his performances have more to do with the quality of the opposition and how well those around him are playing rather than which part of the season the match is being played. I can't remember a single really good performance he's put up in the Clasicos. His lack of pace and dribbling ability also cost us and not to mention he's just not quick enough to get on the end of one-twos which you need when you're playing against better defenses. Giving Fabregas time and space and against lesser organized defenses he will eventually pick out a throughball but put pressure on him and he will cough the ball up.

Against City and against Madrid (including tonight's game), he touched a lot of the ball and didn't often lose possesion.
Like i said earlier, he's had bad games, but tonight's game isn't one of them.

Home of Barca Fans