Cesc Fàbregas

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The real question is: What avatar will Ursegor have to use if Barca sell Cesc? :p

184201_south_park_i_just_came_1.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope you guys suffer the same fate as me. I really, really hope you do and not because of those silly avatars, but because I want the club to replace Cesc with a good player or not sell him at all and if at all keep him for depth.

But I would of course love to see Sumlit and Flavia with those avatars as well. Should be fun. Lets do it :puyol:

chelseafanuk

Hi guys chelsea fan from the UK here. I have seen the media in Spain, and some here saying we have an agreement with Fabregas and now need to agree terms with Barca. I have 2 questions. Out of marca, ABC.es, mundo deportivo, sport, cadena ser, and AS - who are most and least reliable in order?

And is there any more news in spain about this?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I hope you guys suffer the same fate as me. I really, really hope you do and not because of those silly avatars, but because I want the club to replace Cesc with a good player or not sell him at all and if at all keep him for depth.

But I would of course love to see Sumlit and Flavia with those avatars as well. Should be fun. Lets do it :puyol:

Yeah right... you just want people to share in your humiliation.

But I agree. I would gladly endure 1 month of Sergio Ramos in my avatar if it means Koke.

Devils

Why is this a good deal? Those of you believe Koke is a better player, or a better fit, I wanted to ask, based on what? As some have pointed out, the only advantage he has over Cesc is that he is younger.

And everything hinges on that we are going to get Koke. There is a great chance we might not be able to get him. What then? Rafinha?

Based on the fact that Cesc has ~25 shit games per season while the other ~25 are good/great. He's been horrendously inconsistent in 3 different seasons under 3 different managers. Seriously, that's a poisonous trend to follow every season.

It makes so much more sense to cash in on him now and put faith into someone else than risk another season with his inconsistency as well as depreciate on his market value.

JackaL

You don't let one of your best players go if you don't have signed a better one already. Seems this year is fucked up already! The entire management team should retire...

Sell Thiago because you can't guarantee him more playing time.
Sell Cesc (or force him out of the club, make people believe he wants to go) when Xavi is 34 and can't play La Liga, CL and Copa at the same time anymore!
Hope for Koke, who is much more expensive and a question mark regarding his integration to Barca!

Wtf do they think?

You're not able to get Silva, PSG gets him! You're not able to get Luiz, PSG gets him, now you shoot for PSG's reserve player Marquinhos? Are you fucking kidding!

Amateurs all around! Feel bad for Pep, Tito and Tata, they could have done much better when management would have bought the right players at the right time!

The fact that we became a team that changes its coach every year tells it all!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Based on the fact that Cesc has ~25 shit games per season while the other ~25 are good/great. He's been horrendously inconsistent in 3 different seasons under 3 different managers. Seriously, that's a poisonous trend to follow every season.

It makes so much more sense to cash in on him now and put faith into someone else than risk another season with his inconsistency as well as depreciate on his market value.

The argument on Cesc's performance aside, we don't know if Koke, Rakitic or any other player replacing him will necessarily be better. It is a huge gamble athletically, and it is already a lost cause financially.

Plus, Cesc's value hasn't really depreciated. He is in his prime of his career age-wise, and stats-wise he is not bad at all. Thierry Henry had it right, a player of Cesc's caliber and status will have a lot of clubs coming for him, naturally. So once again, why wasting money on players we might not get after all and sell Cesc? Just for the sake of selling him?

JackaL

I like Rakitic, but he could be Barca's sub at best, he had a great season, but Cesc is miles ahead of Rakitic!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Well we need a guy that can control a game, so It makes sense to sell when his value his high. He is worth more now than he was when we signed him because of market inflation.

Thing is if we can't get Koke there's no good replacement.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well we need a guy that can control a game, so It makes sense to sell when his value his high. He is worth more now than he was when we signed him because of market inflation.

Thing is if we can't get Koke there's no good replacement.

Whether I agree with the assessment on Koke doesn't matter. Nevertheless, the correct order should be securing Koke or someone and then --> sell Cesc, not the other way around, which seems to be what our board is doing. :angry:

slvtn

You don't let one of your best players go if you don't have signed a better one already. Seems this year is fucked up already! The entire management team should retire...

Sell Thiago because you can't guarantee him more playing time.
Sell Cesc (or force him out of the club, make people believe he wants to go) when Xavi is 34 and can't play La Liga, CL and Copa at the same time anymore!
Hope for Koke, who is much more expensive and a question mark regarding his integration to Barca!

Wtf do they think?

You're not able to get Silva, PSG gets him! You're not able to get Luiz, PSG gets him, now you shoot for PSG's reserve player Marquinhos? Are you fucking kidding!

Amateurs all around! Feel bad for Pep, Tito and Tata, they could have done much better when management would have bought the right players at the right time!

The fact that we became a team that changes its coach every year tells it all!

Absolutely agree. Just imagine it could be worse if we'd sell Alexis, too. Everyone will laugh at us for selling a player like that and replacing him with someone who has been promising for a short period of time. While looking at Cesc's stats, you can tell that he clearly delivered a lot of quality for years... But yes. I'd really appreciate when he would be the man putting us out of CL for the next years. Would be deserved.

Home of Barca Fans