Champions league 09-10

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Did i or did i not say that Bayern deserved to win and at a strech we maybe just maybe deserved a draw?And i've said barcelona is the best team in the world and i've always said that this season would be a difcult one for us after losing the best player in the world!So maybe you're mixin me up with someone else kido
And did I say Barcelona is the best in the world? Officially yes, but I don't think we have the bestest season gameplaywise.

All I wanted to say: If you think you are the best team in the world, come out and play like it. Instead of crawling backwards for about every team in the KO-stages and be just another counter team. United can do muuuuch better.

zanela

353bi4j.jpg

WHAT A HERO! :party00231::party00231::party00231:

Never gave up and stopped running for the entire match. Finally saw his persistence rewarded with an absolute sweet winner which saw Pevra and Fio looking stupid in the end. :hooray:

The Bavarians twatting the darlings of the EPL without their 2 keys players. Sweet! This is what you deserve when you play so gutless in Europe. Sit deep and then hope for a counterattack. They make up for their lack of quality by adding more numbers in midfield which won't always work esp when facing a quality team & playing like they did tonite.
I actually thought apart from a couple of moments (including the setpiece that led to the goal) the fatty was contained well by the two CB's. Showed his frustration towards his teammates and then attempted one of his trademark theatrical dives in the box. classy.
Scholes should've been sent off. The fact that he was allowed to finish the match is a disgrace. Him, Carrick and Park were garbage on the night. The Bavarians dominated the midfield, put pressure when they didn't have the ball & closed them down pretty well. They could finished them off had they converted a few of their other chances.The Olic's in the first half, Altintop's and Gomez's in the second were all great chances. Man Poonited got lucky but we've seen this before. :)

But with a stronger Bayern in the second leg, if they can put up a similar spirited performance and keep it organised at the back, i'd 've them as fav to go through to the semis....

Go Go Bavaria!!!

B

blueduck

Canto, you still haven't explained why Barca fans would be jealous of United.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
And did I say Barcelona is the best in the world? Officially yes, but I don't think we have the bestest season gameplaywise.

All I wanted to say: If you think you are the best team in the world, come out and play like it. Instead of crawling backwards for about every team in the KO-stages and be just another counter team. United can do muuuuch better.

I've never claimed to be the best team in the world?This season especially in the early parts has been very poor!Thing is we do't have the midfield to come out and play like one of the best teams in the worlds as our midfield is quite average,lets face it Carrick is absolutely hideous ,Scholes can't play every game,same with Giggs Gibson is shocking so tat leaves us with only Darren Fletcher!And he isnt the type of player to keep things ticking over and spary the passes about the place!He doesn't and we don't have the creativity to do that that's why we have to go 4-5-1 and set up to play on the counter and why Berbatov,who could offer us some creativity never starts the big games because it's a stright up choice between him and Rooney and Roooney is obviously going to win hads down!If we had a good midfield we wouldn't be playing counter attacking football and 4-5-1 but the fact is we have an averagemidfield bar Fletch so we have to play 4-51 in the big games so as not to get over-run in the midfield!

We are a great side up there with the best,are we the best?Unfortunately not because of our midfield

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Canto, you still haven't explained why Barca fans would be jealous of United.

Because we have Micheal Carrick and there stuck with Inestia and Xavi obviously,

Maybe because we've been to the last two champions league final's and are still in line to reach a third one while we are still in the hunt for success domestically too

B

blueduck

Because we have Micheal Carrick and there stuck with Inestia and Xavi obviously,

Maybe because we've been to the last two champions league final's and are still in line to reach a third one while we are still in the hunt for success domestically too

But why would Barcelona fans be jealous of that? They're pretty successful aswell you know.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I've never claimed to be the best team in the world?This season especially in the early parts has been very poor!Thing is we do't have the midfield to come out and play like one of the best teams in the worlds as our midfield is quite average,lets face it Carrick is absolutely hideous ,Scholes can't play every game,same with Giggs Gibson is shocking so tat leaves us with only Darren Fletcher!And he isnt the type of player to keep things ticking over and spary the passes about the place!He doesn't and we don't have the creativity to do that that's why we have to go 4-5-1 and set up to play on the counter and why Berbatov,who could offer us some creativity never starts the big games because it's a stright up choice between him and Rooney and Roooney is obviously going to win hads down!If we had a good midfield we wouldn't be playing counter attacking football and 4-5-1 but the fact is we have an averagemidfield bar Fletch so we have to play 4-51 in the big games so as not to get over-run in the midfield!

We are a great side up there with the best,are we the best?Unfortunately not because of our midfield
Well, you did last year where you basically had the same midfield. :p

I think that post was a pretty good analysis of it (Carrick can be cool but doesn't want to apparently). That and do something about Neville.

The majority of your supporters don't think like that, so the laughing posts will keep on coming but you should not feel involved anymore. :D

Juan03

Yes because potentially serious injuries are hillarious. I don't think there would be much laughter on here if Lionel Messi broke his leg. Not that I care particularly, if you guys are truly the best in Europe then Rooney and United shouldn't be an issue.

thank you.

wishing injury on Rooney just shows 2 things: you're insecured of your team and you're scared of a player.. i'd rather beat Madrid with CR than without

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Well, you did last year where you basically had the same midfield. :p

I think that post was a pretty good analysis of it (Carrick can be cool but doesn't want to apparently). That and do something about Neville.

The majority of your supporters don't think like that, so the laughing posts will keep on coming but you should not feel involved anymore. :D

Haha yeah but this year we don't have Ronaldo and that ugly twat can't remember his name ;)

Thanks,i try to be honest and not see things through the red-tinted glasses because that's pointless!I don't rate Carrick at all he had one decent season in 06-07 but apart from that he has been pretty average all the rest of the season he gets a nose bleed when he tries anything adventurous!Thing with Neville is that his only competition at this moment in time is Rafeal and his experience is a big plus when it comes to the big games!And his performances of late haven't been too bad!Thought i would never say this but i can't wait for Sheasy to be back who is very under-rated IMO

It's a shame about our midfeild because if we had for instance say Inestia or a Xavi partnerd with Fletch i think we would be considered the bet team in the world with Barcelona but unfourtantly we don't and it will take a couple of years to sort out this mess!How i miss a good old midfield like in 1999 if we had that type of caliber midfield then we would mean busniess,but for now it will be a counter-attacking system untill we do get that sort of midfeild back!

I'll try not too :D just gets me annoyed because there are honest United fans out there and evry clubs has it's fair share of idiots who only see things through there club colored glasses but it seems we get the worst doing for it,whether it's justified or not it still bugs me!

L

LINGRAM14

It wont be easy on Tuesday night for United. Rooney's got an injury and they have a tough game away to Bolton on Saturday evening who are a very physical team. Its a lancashire derby so I expect it'll take a lot out of them. If Gary Neville plays against Bayern then he can definitely be targeted.

Rooneys injury came back to haunt him, probably still a bit weak. Neville was also ran ragged by Ribery.
Impressed by Bayern tonight, but do they have the capabilities to reproduce that again next week, they're going to need it for sure.

:beer2:

Home of Barca Fans